Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
I am a member of the WikiProject:AFL on Wikipedia, The free internet encyclopedia.

WikiProject has been successful yet, the development has been rather slow, especially Collingwood. Only 3 out of the so far 36 participants are Collingwood supporters, but it seems only myself is working consistently on Collingwood players.

It would be great to get most of you over there and fix up and create more of Collingwood's players.

So far, 57/1056 Collingwood Players have been done.

To see what all the fuss is about, Click Here

Collingwood Players on Wikipedia (21-02-2006)

58/1056

Ahmat, Robert
Barwick, Doug
Betheras, Rupert
Brereton, Dermott
Brown, Gavin
Buckley, Nathan
Carman, Phil
Cassidy, Brad
Christian, Michael
Clement, James
Cloke, David
Cloke, Jason
Cloke, Travis
Coventry, Gordon
Cummings, Scott
Davies, Benjamin
Davis, Nick
Didak, Alan
Fuller, Brad
Godden, Luke
Hardie, Brad
Holland, Brodie
Johnson, Ben
Kekovich, Sam
King, David D.
Kinnear, Ben
Kyne, Phonse
Licuria, Paul
Lokan, Matthew
Lonie, Ryan
Mahoney, Josh
Maxwell, Nick
McCartney, Jason
McGough, Mark
McGuane, Michael
McHale, Jock
McKenna, Peter
Michael, Mal
Millane, Darren
O'Brien, Heritier
Osbourne, Richard
Pert, Gary
Raso, Frank
Regan, Jack
Richards, Lou
Roach, Danny
Rocca, Anthony
Rocca, Saverio
Rose, Bob
Rumney, Harold
Sanderson, Brenton
Schauble, Andrew
Shaw, Heath
Shaw, Tony
Tarrant, Chris
Taylor, Brian
Williams, Mark M.
Williams, Paul
Woewodin, Shane
Woods, Tony

*Bold players indicate needing a touch-up, which may include, too brief info, no template, etc.

Lonie_from_50 said:
It would be great to get most of you over there and fix up and create more of Collingwood's players.

So far, 57/1056 Collingwood Players have been done.

To see what all the fuss is about, Click Here
I added a few players names to the list, and I organised the names into alphabetical order because they all weren't. I also think that the columns should be the letters A-I for column 1, J-Q for column 2, and R-Z for column 3, at least for now.

If anybody is going to add names, then please place them in alphabetical order.

Cool KS. Good to see Barwick and Banks there.

I am working on getting the 1990 Premiership Players done, considering that is all I have been watching over the past couple of days.

Also, a good pointer, if you have the AFL Encyclopedia, it is of great help.

I've done a few edits to the Collingwood page myself a while ago.
If I get some time I might look into creating a few player pages.
PS: Watch out for the "Player Nick name" page entry that always gets vandalised with derogatory nicknames.
Apparently Dale Thomas's nick name is "Ellis > Thomas" :rolleyes:

jabso said:
I've done a few edits to the Collingwood page myself a while ago.
If I get some time I might look into creating a few player pages.
PS: Watch out for the "Player Nick name" page entry that always gets vandalised with derogatory nicknames.
Apparently Dale Thomas's nick name is "Ellis > Thomas" :rolleyes:

Yeah, you get the idiots on there, but normally it is okay. I reckon us Pies can own Wikipedia, it'll be like Eddie Everywhere.

Lonie_from_50 said:
Yeah, you get the idiots on there, but normally it is okay. I reckon us Pies can own Wikipedia, it'll be like Eddie Everywhere.
Yeah cool. How exactly do you join Wikiproject AFL?
Could you possibly change the CFC logo to the new one (with the Australian flag on the left). I have tried to do this but pics I find aren't the right size.

To join WP:AFL, all you have to do is edit participants and add your name...just copy another Collingwood's (easier) and change the details and number.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pie 4 Life said:
I've joined but do we only have to summarise their careers or add stats or something like that? :)

What you have to do!

The best thing is go to an existing page, now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Cloke is a good one, but I went to in depth (Rup and Lonie are the only others) like this. But you can see the format.

At the start of making a page/profile, their is an AFL Template which is below for eg:
{{Infobox afl player | firstname = Luke
| lastname = Godden
| image = noimage
| image name =
| birthdate = [[September 21]], [[1978]]
| birthplace = [[Victoria]]
| originalteam = Northern U18
| dead = alive
| deathdate =
| deathplace =
| debutdate = Round 18, [[August 3]], [[1997]]
| debutteam = [[Collingwood Football Club|Collingwood]]
| debutopponent = [[St Kilda Saints|St Kilda]]
| debutstadium = [[Melbourne Cricket Ground]]
| playingteams = [[Collingwood Football Club|Collingwood]] (1997-99)

36 Games, 0 Goals

| coach = notcoach
| coachingteams =

| statsend = 2005
| careerhighlights = <BR>
}}

also, their are categories. and references that are easily added, but like myself, takes time to complete as good as you think you can, such as leaving out the refs and categories.

== External links ==
*{{Collplayer|ref=13176}}
*{{AflRleague|ref=J/Jason_Cloke.html}}

[[Category:1982 births|Cloke, Jason]]
[[Category:Collingwood Magpies players|Cloke, Jason]]

Collplayer template EL is easily copied, and change the number. The number, just go to CollingwoodFC, players page, and the last letters on the end of the players page link on CFC is the number after ref=

AFL League is also simple. It is stats.rleague stats ref of statistics. Just do it like Jason Cloke above. Letter of First Name/Name_Surname

Categories just mean they are chucked up in category lists, such as the 1982 births page, Cloke will be automatically inserted, and the Collingwood...., also easy to find when searching for players done.

If you dont get these, it is understandable, but you can always just write the info, the next time you view, it most likely will be fixed up with a couple edits

Wiki can be edited by anyone, so it is both a pro-and-con, but most people leave it alone, unless they want to add stuff missed. The main people on wiki, such as RogerThat and others will tend to be like moderators and check on info, add a bit there on things such as refs and cats.

Sounds like alot of work but you will no doubt get the hang of it.

I have been in trouble with my pics, and considering they are from getty, copyright was breached. The only pics available for use are one's that are for public use (don't know where you can find them, digital cams are only hope really) or before 1955, pretty much!

Current players that have been done:
Lonie
Didak
Buckley
Holland
Clement
Licuria* (needs work!)
Davies
Tarrant
Rocca
Johnson
Maxwell
T Cloke
J Cloke
Presti
H.Shaw
O'Brien

I'm a Dons fan but I also signed up for WikiProject AFL - the site has so much potential. I've added a couple of articles myself.

Seriously it's not as hard as it looks, you can make an article like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Hodges which basically, you just type (no infoboxes or any stuff like that).

An awesome article I came across was Andrew Mackie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Mackie I'd never heard of him before but amazing how much information there is on that hack. If we can get info like that on all hacks (not saying he's a hack but he's not well-known)...that'll be awesome. All we have to rely on for player info at the moment is the crappy official AFL site, but wikiproject afl is looking the goods if we get it up and running.

btw lonie i looked at your contributions, great work :thumbsu:

Yeah, a couple Geelong players have alot of info, and even Ryan Lonie and Alan Didak and Rupert Betheras I made with plenty of info.

I am actually thinking of cutting down on the three players mentioned above because it is at the stage where it is probably too much.

I am doing Rhyce Shaw now, and when done, I will think it is the best way to do players where you can have plenty of stuff chucked in, but all you need is a simple approach.

Lonie_from_50 said:
Yeah, a couple Geelong players have alot of info, and even Ryan Lonie and Alan Didak and Rupert Betheras I made with plenty of info.

I am actually thinking of cutting down on the three players mentioned above because it is at the stage where it is probably too much.

I am doing Rhyce Shaw now, and when done, I will think it is the best way to do players where you can have plenty of stuff chucked in, but all you need is a simple approach.
I disagree - every bit of info you can get is great. I recommend you leave em as they are (you can never have too much info ;))

Remove this Banner Ad

Back