Don't post anything tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2004
Phuket
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Scorpions West Ham
Yes, we are dissapointed, but don't go off your heads tonight.

Sleep on it, and if you still feel agrieved tomorrow, then you can post something.

For now just relax.

Bring on 2007

Go Dees

Hey Super Mercado, how about you shut the hell up! Why would anyone consider 24 entertaining games, a top 6 finish and a lot of potential, a 'waste'???

It's not a wasted year, it's another year. That's footy, why write it off as a waste????
And the correct english would be 'There are signs'

Miller's game will make the rest of the year more enjoyable, he and Syl, dead set stars during the game, did not give up! Have alot to look forward to...Bring on 07!

Melbourne Forever

paulie_noons said:
Hey Super Mercado, how about you shut the hell up! Why would anyone consider 24 entertaining games, a top 6 finish and a lot of potential, a 'waste'???

It's not a wasted year, it's another year. That's footy, why write it off as a waste????

Because we didn't win anything you ****ing monkey. **** off back to sitting in the MCC members clapping like a seal and asking the guy next to you who the players are.

Supermercado said:
Another wasted year but I'm not going to do my block over it. There is signs. Roll on '07.

I dont think it was a wasted year i think as a team that is where we are at. I think in the next 4 years we have a lot to look forward too. Another preseason into players like Mclean,Bate,Jones,Bartram,Rivers,Dunn,Sylvia we should have a solid year next year.

paulie_noons said:

I'd agree with Supermercado. It was wasted. It was just like 2005, 2004 etc. We just need to be better. It is that simple. In 2007 we need to get off to a good start and just keep going, no fading in and out. It is good to reach this far but when you consider the chances we had of possibly getting a top 2 spot at some point, and in the end, a top 4, we failed.

2007. We need to be better over the whole year. Simple.

paulie_noons said:

Supermercado just got called out by a nobody!! Plus he told you to shut the hell up! :p

I'm not annoyed about it and I'm posting, what is there to be upset about? We worked hard and went out with our heads up. Bring on '07.

Supermercado said:
Yeah. Gutted at being called on spelling by somebody who made about 8 different grammatical mistakes in one post. :confused: Right now I loathe the internet only slightly less than competitive sports.

I liked the clapping like a seal bit though, impressed with that! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year was a waste for the most part because we didn't win the flag. Any team in the top 8 can say the same thing. We found some good players etc, but we only ended up making the semis - not where we wanted to be at the start of the year.
About coming back from losing the first three games. Sure we did well to come back, but really shouldn't have been in that hole in the first place. Great teams don't do that. Better teams don't lose to Carlton twice in a season.

As a Melbourne supporter, I'm getting a little sick and tired of hearing "next year, next year". How long has that been said?

A positive from this year is that we have got finals experience into Bate, McLean, Syvia, Bell, Jones and the likes. They are only going to get better for the experience.

Another positive to come out of the season is the find of Nathan Caroll. He has had a great season and we no longer have to rely on a dud like Alister Nicholson at fullback. He mates in the backline are still young in Rivers, Bell, Ferguson, C.Johnson, Whelan so they can build the defensive core for the next 5 years.
Note: I think Holland is gone. Had a good season but is simply to slow.

Our midfield is something that you cannot help to get excited about. McLean, Sylvia, Davey, Jones, Bartram, Bate, Jamar and P.Johnson are still pups but very good ones at that. Add to that group White, Johnstone, Bruce, Green, McDonald, Pickett who are all in their prime at present. Then just to top it off Moloney will be returning next year. Surely you must be excited about 2007 now.

Down forward Neitz and Robbo still have 2 yerars left in them, hopefully by the time they go the likes off Dunn, Miller are ready to take over.

As you can see plenty to be excited about not just for 2007 but the next 5 years.

goal sneak said:
A positive from this year is that we have got finals experience into Bate, McLean, Syvia, Bell, Jones and the likes. They are only going to get better for the experience.

Another positive to come out of the season is the find of Nathan Caroll. He has had a great season and we no longer have to rely on a dud like Alister Nicholson at fullback. He mates in the backline are still young in Rivers, Bell, Ferguson, C.Johnson, Whelan so they can build the defensive core for the next 5 years.
Note: I think Holland is gone. Had a good season but is simply to slow.

Our midfield is something that you cannot help to get excited about. McLean, Sylvia, Davey, Jones, Bartram, Bate, Jamar and P.Johnson are still pups but very good ones at that. Add to that group White, Johnstone, Bruce, Green, McDonald, Pickett who are all in their prime at present. Then just to top it off Moloney will be returning next year. Surely you must be excited about 2007 now.

Down forward Neitz and Robbo still have 2 yerars left in them, hopefully by the time they go the likes off Dunn, Miller are ready to take over.

As you can see plenty to be excited about not just for 2007 but the next 5 years.

surely robba has more than two years

As a Fremantle member at the game, Melbourne supporters, don't bag your team. It was a great game, could have gone either way, think your guys just ran out of legs towards the end. You have a great coach in Daniher, just love his enthusiasm and passion. You have a Coach who backs his players and play their own game, like we do, unlike the boring game plans of some clubs.
Take heart, like us, you also have a good mix of youth and experience and I look forward to many more top games.
Well done and keep your head high

well i waited the night and im still feeling pretty disappointed. but that is no different to any other game that we lose. overall it was an ok year i guess. plenty of positives came out of it with so many of our young kids lifting to the next level or two. but i think the most disappointing thing for me last night was the fact that most of our 'stars' did not even contribute or look remotely interested in playing.

jeff white was a spectator last night. i know he did a fait amount of rucking but not much more than sandilands did, if any. to me he just seemed to compete in the ruck and that was it, no more effort needed. sandilands was beating him for possession for most of the game. that should never happen. adam yze was useless. played soft again and blazed away the few times he got the ball, afraid he might receive some body contact i guess. cameron bruce did nothing, probably most disappointingly of all. he played the whole game for a handful of possessions.

stupid thing was the commentators also added neitz into their 'stars didnt do enough' list. bit hard on him i would have thought. he kicked three goals from limited opportunities, chased as hard as he could all night long and had to put up with 3 guys climbing on him all night long.
but there were some positives. biggest being brad miller. what better way to prove to yourself that you belong in the big league. he carved up accross half forward, 15 marks and he dropped a few too. should give him huge confidence for next year. sylvia was another positive. he gave his all last night. ran and ran and ran til the final siren. his disposal was pretty good to. im looking forward to many years of he and mc clean towelling up the opposition.

the other positive for me was daniel bell. i thought he was real good last night. stuck to farmer like glue and other than bout 5 minutes, farmer was useless all game. he goes hard at it too. just needs to improve his skills some more but i thought that was just about bells best game in the red and blue.

any thoughts?

Yze_Class said:
This game only meant one thing to me -> Miller.

His performance is enough for me to spend the next 6 months wondering about, AA CHF next year.

:D

Unlike this time last year, there are signs. Don't give up people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back