Official Match Thread Round 3 - Swamprats Vs Demons @ Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

ratlogo2xt9.gif

Vs.

aflmfcgo6.gif

Well, the Swamprats juggernaught just rolls on. After smashing the Bears in Round 1, they continued to dish out the punishment in Round 2, blowing the Wonders off the park and sending an ominous warning to the rest of the competition. Back at home, the Swampies will be very hard to beat and another win here will keep them in top spot.

Their opponents, the Demons, are an unknown quantity at the moment. Disappointing in Round 1, they bounced back last week with a good win over the Furies. If they play to their capabilities, they are a chance - anything less and it may get messy. A win here, though, will really help their chances of playing finals and let the rest of the competition know that they definitely aren't easy beats.

Teams to be in before 9pm AEST, Thursday.

FB sog35 Toots Hibbert Troy Wingate

HB ParalowiePower Ford Fairlane blackdiamond

C Dyertribe Macca19 MrMeaner

HF Arsene Wenger Santos L Helper Russian

F Spadge Groove Dreamkillers

R Crazy_Big_Al Total Power Ray Nolan

I Lightning Rod manureid

EMG nivek482005 Andre
IN: manureid
OUT: Andre

One change for league leaders

The Alberton Swamprats have made just the one match for the Round 3 clash against the Mt Buller Demons this week.

Manureid comes into the side for his debut match in the Sweet FA. Manureid had some impressive moments during the pre season competition, showing a lot of promise in becoming a high possesion gathering midfielder for the future.

Manureid takes the place of established midfielder Andre, who was dropped for the first time in his career. Andre, who came 2nd in the clubs BnF in their inaugrual season, has struggled for form so far this season.

Captain/Coach Macca19 commented that he hopes to see Andre back to his best soon.

"He's a very good player when in form. He has done a lot of great things for this footy club. Hopefully its the jump start he needs to get his season going. Manureid gets his opportunity. He had a couple of impressive matches in the pre season and he was near BOG in one match. I'm sure he will be looking to impress".

HEAD TO HEAD:
Played: 6
Alberton - 4
Mt. Buller - 2

Biggest Winning Margin:
Alberton - 75 (Round 8 2005)
Mt Buller - 39 (Round 25 2004)

Highest Score:
Alberton - 19.8 122 (Round 2 2006)
Mt Buller - 14.14 98 (Round 19 2005)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my greatest memories as a player has come at Alberton, knocking off the Swampies in the 2004 finals when no-one gave the old Titans club a hope in hell. I just hope there's some magic left in those visitors rooms.

I don't think we've ever cleaned the opposition change rooms..............it certainly has an atmosphere like that with the ice cold showers.........:D
I think it would be safe to say that the opposition change rooms at Alberton are a far cry from the facilities available to the downhill skiers at Mount Buller. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back