VFL -Geelong vs Frankston

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong vs Frankston
Skilled Stadium 1pm

Update thanks to Eliza:

2nd half
Geelong: 9.3.57
Frankston: 3.6.24

~Toddy Grima has kicked 4 or 5 goals in the first half (he kicked 6 goals last week so he is in top form)
~Plus it's Tom Couch's Debut so will be interesting to see how he goes.

Thanks for the update, and way to go Grima!! Should be promoted straight away at the end of the year. With Mooney, NAblett, Hawkins and now Grima all firing we look to have lots of options in attack :thumbsu: :)

Geelong 1.1 9.3 10.5 .
Frankston 2.4 3.6 4.9 .

Wow, our reserves really know how to pile on the goals in a quarter. 11 in a 1/4 against Sandy a fortnight ago, 10 in a quarter against Tassie last week, and now 8 in a 1/4 this week, in what would be wet and slippery conditions, since it's been raining here pretty much all day.

Nathan must be right to go, considering both Charlie and Tenace played (what seems) the majority (if not all) of the VFL game today. Presuming Selwood got his due rest from all levels of football as well.

Just a bit of a review

Tom Couch - Was pretty good i thought. Had a fiar bit of the ball and his disposal was really good.

Bedford - Was superb off a wing. His disposal again was a highlight. Loved it when djidi varcoe and bedford all linked up

Callan - Showed some great dash out of defence. Dont think we will see him mkae it at AFL level however.

Davenport - Limped off in the second QTR either a knee or ankle.

Djidi - Classy boy. His skills are sublime. Started off down back then played in the midfield. Has to be close.

Gardiner - Not a fan of him, however today he was very good. He lead hard and didn't do the normal Charlie stuff.

Grima - Very good. Made the conditions look dry. Did a lot of hard work and kicked 5.

Hogan - Hardly noticed him

SJ - Is purrring along and will be straight into the team. Ran hard.

Owen - Looked ok out of defence, was surprised to see him in the best however.

H - horrible

Tenace - Played well with lots of run, but disposal :thumbsdown:

Varcoe - Love this bloke! he was great today.

West - Done well in the ruck today. Will continue to develop

Rooke - Injured early

Hammy or head ?

To be honest i really dont no. He seemed to limp up the race, however i didn't see a particular incident where it happened.

Also well done to the cheer squad for the quality BBQ & Hot Drinks! much needed in this weather

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the look of Bedford in the first game (on ABC ) and has been in the best in the next 2 games. Has speed and more importantly good disposal,looks a likely type. At this stage all the rookies look capable of stepping up,except for Reynolds who's career looks over with his knee injury.Once again well done to the recruiting staff who picked him from out of nowhere.

Great to see the VFL team win another one. I hope Davenport & Rooke are ok..Bedford looked good to me in the round 1 game on ABC.
I wonder which rookie player gets elevated first. They all seem to be going well :thumbsu:

Nathan must be right to go, considering both Charlie and Tenace played (what seems) the majority (if not all) of the VFL game today. Presuming Selwood got his due rest from all levels of football as well.
Selwood wasn't nessassarily left out to be rested last week. Its club policy to not play one of the emergencies when the game is the next day in case something happens like last week. Selly is just that emergency at the moment.

He has to go overseas for work.

Was there today, and i saw him talking to otto. Seems to have fitted in really well down at catland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back