1st of the phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Obviously will be very different after the championships but I though it might spark so debate about the players which might be interesting. It will also give me an idea of who to look out for in the championships.

1.Mathew Kruezer
2.Trent Cotchin
3.Jack Grimes
4.Chris Masten
5.Lachlan Henderson
6.Bradley Ebert
7. Ryce Palmer (previously not in top 25)
8. Cale Morton (10)
9. Jarad Grant (7)
10. Ben McEvoy (17)
11. Marlan Motlop (8)
12.Bellchambers (9)
13.David Myer (11)
14 Cyril Rioli (18)
15.Tony Notte (12)
16.Callan Ward (13)
17 Collier (not in top 25)
18.Steven Gaetner (21)
19.Scott Selwood (15)
20.Tom McNamara (16)
21.Adam Maric (19)
22.James Wundunke (20)
23 Pat Veszpremi (14)
24 James Mulligan (22)
25 Brent Conolly (23)

Brendan Whitecross (24)
sam Reid (25)
What do other guys think. Who have I missed? Who have I grossely overvalued?

Thoughts? comments?

Suckling, Daye, Dale Walker & Normington unlucky

(Brackets denote position on list prior to championships)

Obviously will be very different after the championships but I though it might spark so debate about the players which might be interesting. It will also give me an idea of who to look out for in the championships.

1.Mathew Kruezer
2.Trent Cotchin
3.Jack Grimes
4.Chris Masten
5.Lachlan Henderson
6.Bradley Ebert
7.Jarad Grant
8.Marlan Motlop
9.Bellchambers
10.Cale Morton
11.David Myer
12.Tony Notte
13.Callan Ward
14.Pat Veszpremi
15.Tom McNamara
16.Ben McEvoy
17.Adam Maric
18.James Wundunke
19.Cyril Rioli
20.Steven Gaetner
21.James Mulligan
22.Brent Conolly
23.Brendan Whitecross
24.Sam Reid
25.Joye Daye

Thoughts? comments?

Boy, looks like its time to learn a new set of names!

it would be amazing if the top 3 players in the country were from the same club.

it would be amazing if the top 3 players in the country were from the same club.

I know but they are all gun players. Judd & Ball where from the same team weren't they?

Is that Hartlett from SHC? Where would you put him? He is pretty small and had a car accident or something last year right?

Yeah hes from SHC but i dunno anything about the other players so i can't really say where he will go. He is a very very promising player though. Ask anyone whos seen him play.

1.Mathew Kruezer
2.Trent Cotchin
3.Jack Grimes
4.Chris Masten
5.Lachlan Henderson
6.Bradley Ebert
7.Jarad Grant
8.Marlan Motlop
9.Bellchambers
10.Cale Morton
11.David Myer
12.Tony Notte
13.Callan Ward
14.Pat Veszpremi
15.Tom McNamara
16.Ben McEvoy
17.Adam Maric
18.James Wundunke
19.Cyril Rioli
20.Steven Gaetner
21.James Mulligan
22.Brent Conolly
23.Brendan Whitecross
24.Sam Reid
25.Joye Daye

Thoughts? comments?

masten maybe ahead of grimes atm

Great list, and it looks like the 07 draft will be quiet strong. Some guys who you may have overlooked are Selwood, and Suckling. I think Andy Otten and Bongetti may be the suprise packets, along with Prismall

Yay! Kruezer, Maric and Rioli for us! :D

Rioli would have to go to the Bombers wouldn't he? Even if they had a top 5 pick I reckon Essendon would continue their love affair with the indigenous types, not to mention the Rioli connection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish Hartlett will go very high..............in 2008, ineligible guys

Beat me to it, and like you said, he should go pretty high next year. Absolute freak of a player, and very good at cricket from what I have been told as well.

From what I have seen of Veszpremi this year, I suspect he'll go a bit higher than 14. Just a great midfielder with good pace and ball winning ability.

Not so sure about Maric either. Very very hard to say where he will go in the draft. One thing is for certain though, when he has the ball, things tend to happen.

Arrowsmith is another player that could figure in the top 25.

Yay! Kruezer, Maric and Rioli for us! :D

Rioli would have to go to the Bombers wouldn't he? Even if they had a top 5 pick I reckon Essendon would continue their love affair with the indigenous types, not to mention the Rioli connection.

He is probably the shortest guy on the list. Will slide a bit like Jetta just purely because of size IMO.

Cheers Gilly.Got any comments about the list. Would you have anything substantially different?

Not really Dan, that's probably a pretty good effort at this stage of proceedings. There might be a few talls I would slot in there somewhere, but the champs will sort that out. Well done for sticking your neck out there :)

Not sure if Grant will go that high either, but no doubt he does have a lot of raw talent.

I have a sneaking suspicion Notte is not eligible this year either, but I am far from certain about that.

Beat me to it, and like you said, he should go pretty high next year. Absolute freak of a player, and very good at cricket from what I have been told as well.

From what I have seen of Veszpremi this year, I suspect he'll go a bit higher than 14. Just a great midfielder with good pace and ball winning ability.

Not so sure about Maric either. Very very hard to say where he will go in the draft. One thing is for certain though, when he has the ball, things tend to happen.

Arrowsmith is another player that could figure in the top 25.

Arrowsmith, Maric & Gaetner will be the most debated in phantom drafts this year I reckon. Some will only see the upside others will only see there flaws.

Not really Dan, that's probably a pretty good effort at this stage of proceedings. There might be a few talls I would slot in there somewhere, but the champs will sort that out. Well done for sticking your neck out there :)

Not sure if Grant will go that high either, but no doubt he does have a lot of raw talent.

I have a sneaking suspicion Notte is not eligible this year either, but I am far from certain about that.

Notte born 15/04/90

Could arguably add Prismall to that list too

Yeah that's another. Got to wonder with Brent comming out of contract and not getting the opportunities he deserves with Geelong at the moment. Does that make him a little more valuable to Geelong?

Another thing I didn't consider is where Darcy Daniher will go. Would it be Essendons 2nd pick?

Well this will be an interesting first test of the new bidding system....You would think clubs will now include these players in their rankings....if a club is looking for a relatively mobile KPP who can play either end in particular they could use a pick in the top 20 for arguments sake, this could force Essendons hand to use quite a high pick.

Another thing I didn't consider is where Darcy Daniher will go. Would it be Essendons 2nd pick?

Under the new system I think he has to nominate which club, Essendon or Sydney, and I think it would be their third round pick, unless anyone bids for him that is.

Where would you rate some of the other talls in the draft like Lobbe, Stanton, Bongetti etc. Also, Andy Otten looks the goods based on current form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back