Michael Voss. Our Next Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fireman_sam

Debutant
Apr 21, 2007
The Mercury/ AFL TAS
AFL Club
Richmond
Michael Voss went into a meeting today with channel 10. It is understood Michael wanted to re visit the clause in his contract. Michael has today been in contact with the Melbourne President Paul Gardner. i know this because i work alongside Paul. Paul has been in contact with other board members today and i know Michaels name has been raised.
I understand Michael is very interested in meeting with the Melbourne Board ASAP, and has a sound plan of what the football club would be run like if he got the top job!

What does everyone think of Vossy?

Re: Michael Voss. Our Next Coach!

Should be our#1 priority.
If we dont get him, Id like to see us go after Longmire.

Should be our#1 priority.
If we dont get him, Id like to see us go after Longmire.

Longmire would be a good coach, but I think he may be tarnished by the ugly game plan Lyon has implemented at St Kilda after being at the Swans for so long..Id hate to see that game plan week in week out, its hard enough watching us play now

Michael Voss went into a meeting today with channel 10. It is understood Michael wanted to re visit the clause in his contract. Michael has today been in contact with the Melbourne President Paul Gardner. i know this because i work alongside Paul. Paul has been in contact with other board members today and i know Michaels name has been raised.
I understand Michael is very interested in meeting with the Melbourne Board ASAP, and has a sound plan of what the football club would be run like if he got the top job!

What does everyone think of Vossy?

You may not be working alongside paul much longer if you keep this up.

I think Voss would be a great pick up for the dees. If anyone had the self belief to coach without having done an apprenticeship, it would be Voss.

Please not Voss. He has no experience as an assistance coach. If we were to go after someone without experience i would rather Buckley. To be honest though Chris Conelly is my preferred option.

I'd love to see Voss at the Dees, but I'm weary at his lack of coaching experience. Wouldn't mind McKenna or Longmire, and have Voss as an assistant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please not Voss. He has no experience as an assistance coach. If we were to go after someone without experience i would rather Buckley. To be honest though Chris Conelly is my preferred option.

Why, why, why??? Damaged goods! It would be like bringing in a Reverend clone! Both have had great player personnel at their disposal and haven't been able to deliver the goods. Both have to be asked serious questions as to how their clubs have underachieved for years. Time for someone new. I don't know how you quantify "gut feeling" on any potential coach assessment form but I just reckon Vossy would be a perfect fit for the Dee's.

Why, why, why??? Damaged goods! It would be like bringing in a Reverend clone! Both have had great player personnel at their disposal and haven't been able to deliver the goods. Both have to be asked serious questions as to how their clubs have underachieved for years. Time for someone new. I don't know how you quantify "gut feeling" on any potential coach assessment form but I just reckon Vossy would be a perfect fit for the Dee's.

Too right, i would be shattered if we brought in damaged goods. I dont know if this is a negative or not, but Vossy will be under the spotlight from the media if and when he takes on a senior coaching role first up. The media is full of ex/wannabe coaches and would discect the p!ss out of his every move. But i reckon if anyone can handle it, Vossy could. Please dont appoint a Paul Roos assisitant. I think McKenna could be a chance too, or make Juddy captain coach.

Just heard Daniher quits. Looks like Voss is your man. Good luck for the rest of the year:thumbsu:

Too right, i would be shattered if we brought in damaged goods. I dont know if this is a negative or not, but Vossy will be under the spotlight from the media if and when he takes on a senior coaching role first up. The media is full of ex/wannabe coaches and would discect the p!ss out of his every move. But i reckon if anyone can handle it, Vossy could. Please dont appoint a Paul Roos assisitant. I think McKenna could be a chance too, or make Juddy captain coach.

Dognammit! I like it!

Report on Seven News that the possibility of a direct swap with Daniher and Connolly is growing...:eek: :thumbsdown:. Freo can have Danners just don't give us Connolly.

Another advantage of Voss's image would be the publicity that he brings to the club. Look at personallities like Sheedy etc and how much he does for his club. I think Vossy would be very much the same as he already is quite a character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back