St Kilda & TEAC Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Reported on SEN during the VFL hour that St Kilda will be meeting the management of TEAC Oval (Port Melbourne's home ground) and local council this friday. 13.07.07.

Maybe the move from Moorabbin is back on?

They should do it.

Christ i hate Councils and their pinko lezzo purse carrying attitudes and regulations....can happen to any club and i wouldnt blame them for moving one bit.

Stkilda should **ss of and leave the Bourough alone, who do they think they are?
They havent even spoken to Port, yet come out firing from the hip, telling everybody this is what there gonna do, I grew up in Port, I played at Port on this ground when in the VFA, surely the people from Port have a say, the club is furious that this ****head from st kilda can come out and suggest what ever he wants and expects people to jump, ****off saints, your not wanted in the 'Borough'!:thumbsdown:

P.S. I liked the saints until I heard this ****head speak!

I've mentioned it on the saints site but kingston council are notoriiously pushy.

they say one thing, do another.

a fair few businesses have been wrapped up in red tape, time overruns on planning permits, changes at short notice to permits, ridiculous conditions...

probably only waverley and cardinia are worse councils to deal with, and cardinia are dodgy dodgy dodgy.

Stkilda should **ss of and leave the Bourough alone, who do they think they are?
They havent even spoken to Port, yet come out firing from the hip, telling everybody this is what there gonna do, I grew up in Port, I played at Port on this ground when in the VFA, surely the people from Port have a say, the club is furious that this ****head from st kilda can come out and suggest what ever he wants and expects people to jump, ****off saints, your not wanted in the 'Borough'!:thumbsdown:

P.S. I liked the saints until I heard this ****head speak!

surely as a rate payer you do have a say and wouldn't the PMelb Club eventually talk with the Saints?

surely as a rate payer you do have a say and wouldn't the PMelb Club eventually talk with the Saints?

They havnt even approached Port yet, how dare they come out and make this idiotic statements??

Its like me coming out and saying Im marrying your sister, yet I've never met her!! (hyperthetically speaking)

They havnt even approached Port yet, how dare they come out and make this idiotic statements??

Its like me coming out and saying Im marrying your sister, yet I've never met her!! (hyperthetically speaking)

Or would it be like saying "your not wanted in the borough " without knowing the consensus of your fellow residents?

Or would it be like saying "your not wanted in the borough " without knowing the consensus of your fellow residents?

I see your point, but Im not talking about the residents, I can only speak for the club itself!
They have made it clear, st kilda cant just barge in and take over, or make these idiotic statements, WITHOUT speaking to the club first!
Its corporate bullying!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, TEAC oval would be a good mix for St Kilda, close to their suburban namesake, probably a lot closer for some of their players who would be living inner city (although Moorabbin is not that hard to get to). And if they establish a social club base there, it would be closer to gameday venues

In all seriousness, TEAC oval would be a good mix for St Kilda, close to their suburban namesake, probably a lot closer for some of their players who would be living inner city (although Moorabbin is not that hard to get to).

You would imagine that the P M FC would benefit in some way as well as the locals, it would also stick it up the Moorabbin Council for it's poor handling of the situation. Win Win.

Exactly, the Moorabbin council actually tried to lessen that capability.
Thats understandable too, if you dont ask, you dont get. Its business, but sometimes you got to know when to hold them and when to fold them. Kingston Council may have gone in too hard once too often, given that other councils would kill to have an AFL facility in their precinct.

And given the movement in the last 5 years of AFL clubs to new facilities in Melbourne, it probably wasnt a smart move on their behalf to try and hold the upper hand.

In all seriousness, TEAC oval would be a good mix for St Kilda, close to their suburban namesake, probably a lot closer for some of their players who would be living inner city (although Moorabbin is not that hard to get to). And if they establish a social club base there, it would be closer to gameday venues

What about the Junction oval IN Stkilda?:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back