Countdown Spectacular 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this in Brisbane last night. Was impressed with the way it was put together. Molly, JPY and Gavin Wood probably overdid the gay jokes but you can't have everything.

Interesting to see how much some artists have aged but many still get the job done.

Some interesting novelty acts were fun. Liked Plastic Bertand doing his only hit.

The guy from Pilot did a couple of songs and was very good, as was Doug Fieger from the Knack doing My Sharona. Guy from Racey was average for mine as was Les McGeown from Bay City Rollers.

Never been a huge fan of Richard Clapton but the guy is the consumate rocker .. respect.

LRB .. or should I say GSB were very good, Martha Davis was as good as ever but wow has she packed on the weight.

Sam Fox is still holding herself together pretty well for a 41 year old.

Rick Springfield went over a treat and he looks and comes across as a 30 year old. Just looked it up, can't believe he is 58!:eek: On the other hand Graham Bonnet is 59 and looks 80.

Radiators only got one song which is a travesty.

The biggest pop of the night went to Doc Neeson's Angels .... simply awesome and Doc is still such a presence.

4 hours, a few weak spots but overall brilliant value for money.

Thanks for the report - going next week - can't wait.

Glad to hear that Rick Springfield is good - did not want to be disappointed.

Same with David Paton from Pilot - please tell me he did January.

I expected nothing less from Doc and Richard Clapton is awesome.

Sounding disappointing for Graham Bonnet - does he just look old or sound it too - was a big fan in the 70's.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but have been looking forward to this for so so long.

God, I remember Ricky Springfield in the pink outfits with Zoot. I must be getting old. :rolleyes:

Sorry what were Supernaut like?

oh man,i loved Graham Bonnet:(

Saw Graham Bonnet at the Palace in the late 80's.
Did all his Alcatraz & Rainbow stuff.......it was fantastic
Pity there were like 40 people there,35 of who only knew Baby Blue & Warm Ride & had no idea of the rest of his work.
Most of them left holding their ears,hilarious!!

seth

Thanks for the report - going next week - can't wait.

Glad to hear that Rick Springfield is good - did not want to be disappointed.

Same with David Paton from Pilot - please tell me he did January.

I expected nothing less from Doc and Richard Clapton is awesome.

Sounding disappointing for Graham Bonnet - does he just look old or sound it too - was a big fan in the 70's.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but have been looking forward to this for so so long.

God, I remember Ricky Springfield in the pink outfits with Zoot. I must be getting old. :rolleyes:

Sorry what were Supernaut like?
David Paton did do January right after It's Magic.

Graham Bonnet lost it on the higher notes a bit but really projected and belted out the lower notes. Could have been an off night perhaps.

Supernaut I did not know much about before this. I have to say for not really knowing 'I like it both ways' or the band, I thought they rocked and the leader singer is in top shape.

oh man,i loved Graham Bonnet:(
Not a huge deal, just lost his voice at the top of the range but really belted out the rest. I was more struck with just how old he looks.

Drugs'll do that. Did he have a rock star lifestyle?
No idea. Just knowing that he and Springfield are a year apart and Springfield looks like Jessie's Girl came out 5 years ago, you would have to suggest one is living the clean life and the other ... not so much.

As stated above too ... Martha Davis has been grazing in a good paddock.

Not a huge deal, just lost his voice at the top of the range but really belted out the rest. I was more struck with just how old he looks.

well thats kind of ok.

He is a mf but his top register was what totally blew other singers away.

Man,i used to just listen to him on the highs and think"**** yeah!"

David Paton did do January right after It's Magic.

Graham Bonnet lost it on the higher notes a bit but really projected and belted out the lower notes. Could have been an off night perhaps.

Supernaut I did not know much about before this. I have to say for not really knowing 'I like it both ways' or the band, I thought they rocked and the leader singer is in top shape.

Thanks again.

I always liked Supernaut - Garry Twinn is the lead singer - last I heard he was Producer in America. I remember when "Both ways" came out there was a big commotion. I also liked "too hot too touch"

Still looking forward to Graham Bonnet though - as you say could have been an off night.

Really wont matter to me - just can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this in Brisbane last night. Was impressed with the way it was put together. Molly, JPY and Gavin Wood probably overdid the gay jokes but you can't have everything.

Interesting to see how much some artists have aged but many still get the job done.

Some interesting novelty acts were fun. Liked Plastic Bertand doing his only hit.

The guy from Pilot did a couple of songs and was very good, as was Doug Fieger from the Knack doing My Sharona. Guy from Racey was average for mine as was Les McGeown from Bay City Rollers.

Never been a huge fan of Richard Clapton but the guy is the consumate rocker .. respect.

LRB .. or should I say GSB were very good, Martha Davis was as good as ever but wow has she packed on the weight.

Sam Fox is still holding herself together pretty well for a 41 year old.

Rick Springfield went over a treat and he looks and comes across as a 30 year old. Just looked it up, can't believe he is 58!:eek: On the other hand Graham Bonnet is 59 and looks 80.

Radiators only got one song which is a travesty.

The biggest pop of the night went to Doc Neeson's Angels .... simply awesome and Doc is still such a presence.

4 hours, a few weak spots but overall brilliant value for money.

It's Les McKeown with a 'K' not a 'G' & don't let my wife catch you saying he was average. I almost had to throw a bucket of water over her to get her to calm down after he was on.

It was a great night & I must concur with your assessment of GSB or BSG (whatever). IMO their performance was the highlight of the night. Consummate professionals. Glenn Shorrock is an excellent showman & Beeb Birtles still has a fantastic voice.

It's Les McKeown with a 'K' not a 'G' & don't let my wife catch you saying he was average. I almost had to throw a bucket of water over her to get her to calm down after he was on.

It was a great night & I must concur with your assessment of GSB or BSG (whatever). IMO their performance was the highlight of the night. Consummate professionals. Glenn Shorrock is an excellent showman & Beeb Birtles still has a fantastic voice.
LOL, she wasn't the groupie they showed early in the night who was waiting for him to come on was she? ;)

I wasn't a BCR fan but it did seem a little RSLish. Don't tell your wife! :D

Hi guys, went to see this last night and my comparisons are bolded. Had a ball.

Some interesting novelty acts were fun. Liked Plastic Bertand doing his only hit. Agree - so full of energy

The guy from Pilot did a couple of songs and was very good David Paton was great and looked as though he was having an absolute ball and looked so cute,

as was Doug Fieger from the Knack doing My Sharona agree still has the 'knack"- pardon the pun.

Guy from Racey was average for mine didn't mind him at all

as was Les McKeown from Bay City Rollers. not impressive at all - used to love BCR - should have been Eric Faulkner

Never been a huge fan of Richard Clapton but the guy is the consummate rocker .. respect. loved Clapton then and same now - has lost nothing with age

LRB .. or should I say GSB were very good all 3 are huge talents, saw them as LRB and then as GSB - fantastic

Martha Davis was as good as ever but wow has she packed on the weight. Fantastic

Sam Fox is still holding herself together pretty well for a 41 year old. Still shows sex sells, still looks good

Rick Springfield went over a treat and he looks and comes across as a 30 year old. Just looked it up, can't believe he is 58! On the other hand Graham Bonnet is 59 and looks 80. Ricky Springfield he will always be - it was worth the long wait - have waited 35 years to see him. Graham Bonnet, I did enjoy but not in the same league any more

Radiators only got one song which is a travesty. yep

The biggest pop of the night went to Doc Neeson's Angels .... simply awesome and Doc is still such a presence. Doc has lost nothing - absolute powerhouse.

Supernaut I did not know much about before this. I have to say for not really knowing 'I like it both ways' or the band, I thought they rocked and the leader singer is in top shape. Garry Twinn - sounded great then and now - looks super fit and looks wonderful.

Special mentions have to go to Redgum - John Schumann & Hughie McDonald - sound just the same as always and 'Only 19' still brings outs the lump in the throat.

Sharon O'Neill - Maxine - how good was that?

Katie Cebrano - sounds great - still has shocking dress sense.

How good were the back up girls?

Over all - great concert - definitely value for money (start 7.30, 20 min interval and finish at 11.20pm.)

Thought the Aussies we the best overall.

Nice report Max. Tell me did JPY, Molly and Gavin Wood roll out the rehearsed gay jokes and drop the F bomb in response to the crowd doing it during the Angels set?

Nice report Max. Tell me did JPY, Molly and Gavin Wood roll out the rehearsed gay jokes and drop the F bomb in response to the crowd doing it during the Angels set?

Yes, all the gay jokes - which wear thin. Don't remember them saying "F" but as it was being filmed for the DVD to be released in Nov - I wouldn't have expected them to. They said the crowds response to the Angels set would be edited.

At your concert did they do the mock proposal and wedding between Molly (in a wedding dress) and Martha Davis?

Yes, all the gay jokes - which wear thin. Don't remember them saying "F" but as it was being filmed for the DVD to be released in Nov - I wouldn't have expected them to. They said the crowds response to the Angels set would be edited.
Ah that explains it. Didn't realise they were filming it. Ours was obviously not going to be part of the DVD.

At your concert did they do the mock proposal and wedding between Molly (in a wedding dress) and Martha Davis?
Not exactly. No dress or wedding. Just Molly asking Martha to marry him, her saying 'look at the size of that rock' and him saying 'you should see the size of my ring.'

My boss also went to the concert and was close enough to see things going on stage.

She was saying that Graham Bonnet had to walk up and read his lyrics, that is why he kept putting his head down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back