V8SC Rd 9-JUST CAR INSURANCE SANDOWN 500

Remove this Banner Ad

It's enduro time ladies and gentlemen. In Spetember, this means the trek to Sandown for the traditional 500. Ford teams have tended to dominate recently winning the last 3 500's, so the track tends to favour them ahead of the Holdens.

A change in qualifying format with the Shootout returning for the enduros after a pair of 15 minute sessions to sort out just who will make the 10. Before then all the driving pairings will be sorted by Friday, although IMO this should be sorted at least 2 weeks before the event.

The race on Sunday will at least not be interrupted for any state with footy finals on Friday and Saturday nights, with qualifying on Saturday Afternoon. And remember, the only compolsory (sp?) stop is for a PAD CHANGE.

There are two compulsory stops.
One for refuelling. (Between Laps 5 and 120)
The other for refuelling, tyres/wheels, brake pads. (Between Laps 48 and 120)

Looks like TK and Skaifey will team up in the number 2 HRT car so I reckon its between them and Lowndes/Whincup for the win, depending on who teams with who at FPR and Toll Racing. Its hard to see anyone winning outside those guys IMO.

i see that lowndes has been relegated to support driver.whincup to drive the car for qualifying and also most of it on race day.also to use whincups supprt team and the 88 car.imo i would think that kelly and tander would have been my tip to take it out but now that they are splitting you would have to fancy whincup/lowndes or skaife/kelly.

Toll is VERY likely to be Rick and Rat, Tander and Baird FWIW. Not sure on FPR but if Winterbottom AND S.Richards drive in seperate cars in Friday Practice then 99% certain they have split with sponsor conflict.

This should be how the teams line up.
HSV, SBR, FPR, WPS, SCAR. BRI, PMM are the teams splitting their regular drivers for this race.

ENTRY LIST
1 - HSV - Toll HSV Dealer Team - Rick Kelly / Paul Radisich - VE
2 - HRT - Holden Racing Team - Mark Skaife / Todd Kelly- VE
3 - TAS - Tasman Motorsport - Mark Noske / Jay Verdnik - VE

4 - SBR - Jeld-Wen Motorsport - James Courtney / David Besnard - BF
5 - FPR - Ford Performance Racing - Mark Winterbottom / Matthew Halliday - BF
6 - FPR - Ford Performance Racing - Steven Richards / Owen Kelly - BF

7 - JDR - Jack Daniel's Racing - Shane Price / Jack Perkins- VE
8 - WPS - WOW - Max Wilson / Michael Caruso - BF
9 - SBR - Caltex Racing - Russell Ingall / Luke Youlden - BF
10 - WPS - WPS - Jason Bargwanna / Grant Denyer - BF

11 - JDR - Jack Daniel's Racing - Kayne Scott / Marcus Marshall - VE
12 - BOC - Team BOC - Andrew Jones / Simon Wills- BF
14 - BOC - Team BOC - Brad Jones / Damien White - BF

16 - HSV - Toll HSV Dealer Team - Garth Tander / Craig Baird - VE
17 - DJR - Jim Beam Racing - Steven Johnson / Will Davison - BF
18 - DJR - Jim Beam Racing - Alex Davison / Andrew Thompson- BF

20 - SCAR - Super Cheap Auto Racing - Paul Dumbrell / Paul Weel - VE
021 - TKR - Team Kiwi Racing - Shane Van Gisbergen / John McIntyre - BF
22 - HRT - Holden Racing Team - Glenn Seton / Nathan Pretty - VE
25 - BRI - Fujitsu Racing - Jason Bright / Adam Macrow - BF
26 - BRI - IRWIN Racing - Alan Gurr / Warren Luff - BF

33 - GRM - Valvoline Cummins Team - Lee Holdsworth / Dean Canto- VZ
34 - GRM - Valvoline Cummins Team - Greg Ritter / Cameron McLean - VE
39 - PMM - Team Sirromet Wines - Fabian Coulthard / Chris Pither - VZ
50 - SCAR - Super Cheap Auto Racing - Cameron McConville / David Reynolds - VZ
51 - TAS - Tasman Motorsport - Jason Richards / Greg Murphy - VE
55 - RNR - Autobarn Racing - Steve Owen / Tony D’Alberto - VZ
67 - PMM - Team Sirromet Wines - Paul Morris / Steve Ellery - VE

88 - 888 - Team Vodafone - Allan Simonsen / Richard Lyons - BF
111 - PCR - Glenfords Racing - John Bowe / Jonathon Webb- BF
888 - 888 - Team Vodafone - Craig Lowndes / Jamie Whincup - BF

yeah cant wait got me tickets for sunday unfortunatlly have to work saturday.im only 20 minutes away down in frankston so get up nice and early and get a good possie.GO TANDER

does anyone no how many actual laps a co driver must complete and can co-drivers be swapped again for bathurst.thanx

does anyone no how many actual laps a co driver must complete and can co-drivers be swapped again for bathurst.thanx

Final driver line ups for Bathurst can be changed up until late on the Thursday (after Practice 1) at Bathurst.

The most distance in the enduros a driver can complete is 2/3 race distance.
So 1/3 minimum.

1/3 * 161 = 53.67 laps, so I'd assume 54 laps would be the minimum amount of laps a driver must complete. This is the same for both Sandown and Bathurst given that both races are 161 laps long.

Yes 54 laps, it caught out Whincup/Lowndes at Sandown last year because there was a SC just before lap 50 or so and they had to leave Jamie in the car because he had to do the minimum laps. Slow pad change and a stop under green saw them lose a lap even though Craig managed to recover to P3.

Will be in attendance on Saturday. Weather looks reasonable come shootout time. Friday wont give a strong indication given the possibility of wet weather. They are predicting late rain on Sunday so it may not be a factor.

Will be planting my ass at the bottom of the home straight come 10am Saturday :thumbsu:

I tell you what, if it does happen to rain with about 20 laps or so to go, anybody on the lead lap could pinch it. As it stands atm theres only a few very serious contenders so lets hope it rains. I hope to watch most of it but Ive got a few parties on the Saturday night, and these people arent huge fans of V8 Supercars so ill have to find a way home somehow !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather forecast at this stage is for rain late Sunday arvo... should make for another interesting finish.

Weeeeeeeell that puts a new spin on things doesnt it !!! Mind you those cars are so good even Longhurst should be able to pilot it to a respectable position so I wouldnt be too worried if i was a Holden fan. But this will probably put Skaifey out of the title race if indeed he does miss.

Having had appendicitis, and for the others here who also have, its not something you recover from in 2 days and get in a race car. Jimmy Bartel missed 2 games with his and whilst AFL puts different physical demands on people I still wouldnt expect Skaifey out there.

Get on Lowndes and Whincup !!!

Tony Longhurst has been named as the replacement should Skaife not pull up, which i suspect he wont.

PRACTICE TIMES....

BRIGHT/Macrow 1:11.8599
Ingall/YOULDEN 1:12.0903
JOHNSON/W.Davison 1:12.1509
TANDER/Baird 1:12.1854
R.KELLY/Radisich 1:12.1995
Murphy/J.RICHARDS 1:12.2278
COURTNEY/Besnard 1:12.2678
MORRIS/Ellery 1:12.3058
S.RICHARDS/O.Kelly 1:12.3215
A.Jones/WILLS 1:12.3298

Then came.....Holdsworth/CANTO, OWEN/D'Alberto, T.KELLY/(Seton/Pretty), Ritter/McLEAN, WINTERBOTTOM/Halliday, DUMBRELL/Weel, LOWNDES/Whincup, Noske/VERDNIK, Bargwanna/DENYER, LONGHURST/(Pretty/Seton), Van Gisbergen/McINTYRE, WILSON/Caruso, McConville/REYNOLDS, BOWE/Webb, Coulthard/Pither (Morris set time), GURR/Luff, Price/PERKINS, WHITE/Murchison, SIMONSEN/Lyons, A.DAVISON/Thompson, Marshall/SCOTT

Have to say, I really did not like the 'backwards' Top 10 shootout.

I think it is actually better having a driver and a commentator doing DWTS. That way we don't need to have any of the other 'celebrities' to come to the track to do the cross promotions.

It was good to see Lowndes and Whincup do well.
Mixed emotions for 2nd. Great to see Radisich on the podium, but unfortunately he was accompanied by Rick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back