WESTHOFF%20Justin.png

Height: 199 cm

Weight: 94 kg

Date of Birth: 1st October 1986

Nickname: Hoff/Humphrey

Twitter Handle:

Position:
Key Forward, Key Defender, Ruck, Midfielder

Recruited From: Central District (2006 National Draft Pick #71)

Career Games (to end of 2015): 181 (82 wins, 1 draw, 98 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2015): 229

For more career stats click here

Honours:
  • 2007 AFL Rising Star Nominee
  • 2007 PAFC Best First Year Player
  • 2007 PAFC Gavin Wanganeen Medal (Best Player Under 21)
  • 2013 PAFC Coaches' Award
More info on Justin Westhoff:
Westy had an interesting year. With the addition of Paddy Ryder, his time as both a forward and a relief ruckman became limited. As such, he became something of a roaming wingman. He struggled early in the year both in terms of finding the football and hitting the scoreboard, kicking only 5 goals in the first 8 games. But as the season went on, Westy gathered momentum. He was a key player in our win over Collingwood with an absolutely dominant first half and was best on ground against Fremantle in the final game of the season.

Highlight Reel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: #39 Justin Westoff

I have a small group of "Favourite Non-Collingwood Players" & Westhoff is in that group.

Now that you mention it, he DOES look like that dude from Nepoleon Dynamite!!!!:p

Well yeh;
This interview was last season, but I thought I would just post it here.
:thumbsu:

.:.Ten Minutes With Justin Westhoff.:.
What’s your nickname?
Westy or Hoff. I’m not a big fan of “Hoff” because I think the boys are probably paying me out, which is never good.
Do you have any pre-game superstitions?
I’d say more routine than superstition, but I always put my left boot on before my right.
Most hated training drill?
Just running. There isn’t one particular drill I hate, but I prefer the ones with as least running as possible.
Favourite actor?
Definitely not the “Hoff” [David Hasslehoff]! The sooner I shake that nickname the better I think. I don’t really watch that many movies.
If you could take one skill from any player in the competition, what would it be?
Warren Tredrea’s marking ability. It’s something I’ve focused on with Port Adelaide and just playing on “Tredders” I’ve already learned so much.
If you won a million dollars, how would you spend it?
I’d give a bit to my family. Probably buy a house, or a few houses actually, on the beach somewhere.
What’s in your locker at the club?
A lot of paper and junk I think. Probably a fair few memos, I really should clean it out once in a while.
Who would you have on your table at the Brownlow Medal?
I’d like to have a table full of the guns or past Brownlow winners. Maybe guys like Adam Goodes, Nathan Buckley and other legends of the game; that would be fantastic.
Who was your hero growing up?
Gary Ablett Sr from Geelong. He was just a freak player and kicked a lot of goals. I think his birthday is actually the same as mine, so that was something I liked growing up. Kicking 100 goals for a season is something you just don’t see much any more.
Who is the biggest prankster at the club?
Definitely Motts [Daniel Motlop], he’s always having a good time and just does it subtly.
What’s your trademark dish in the kitchen?
Living with my brother we’re kind of forced to cook, I think. Probably pasta, which it the easiest thing to do!
Where would we find you on your day off?
Last year I studied architecture at university but I’ve deferred that this year to focus on footy, so I’d probably be at the beach or at a mate’s house relaxing. Anywhere I can just do nothing, which is the best way to spend your day off. I don’t mind a hit of golf. I’m not great, but I’m not too bad either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good stuff.

You can see that his muscle mass has increased, but because of his height he still appears undersized for his position.

Hopefully he can continue to add another 5kg, at minimum, over the next year or two.

Justin Westhoff talks about football, improving his consistency and combining key position and second ruck roles with the likes of Trengove and D Stewart.

New challenges suit Humphrey
* Scott Walsh
* January 09, 2011 12:01AM

link

368164-justin-westhoff.jpg

Hoff with Bec (aka IALTH (I Am Loving The Hoff) and baby Bodi (wonder if his next son will be Doyle?)

JUSTIN Westhoff says his days of being one of the kids at Alberton are officially over.

The 24-year-old, powering through his fifth AFL pre-season with Port Adelaide, has put the blowtorch on his 69-game career - saying he no longer applies for the traditional leniency given to young players struggling for consistency.

"I'm at that stage where you can either go ahead in your career or you can drop away, and if you can't kick on from now you've only got one or two years in you, maximum," Westhoff, nicknamed "Humphrey", said.

link

Remove this Banner Ad

Back