Gold Coast to Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering what the best way to get from the Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) to the Gabba is.

I will not have a car.

Thanks.
Catch a bus to Robina and then a train. Or, if you have got a bit of cash, a limo is not that expensive.

isn't recommended that you be at the airport 1 hour before you take off. And the wait you have to endure from all the safety procedures is a killer. You're better off cabbing it there, but yeah bus to robina then train.

The Coast-to-Game Hovercraft usually leaves around 2 hours before the game.
Tickets were about $30 last time I caught it.
Catch it from the Broadbeach Docks.

Surely by hot air balloon...
Champagne breakfast, pushed by a light nor-wester would be more the go for Aker39 and any accompanying doggy colleagues. ;)

If you've ever seen the film "Being John Malkovich" you'll know that secret portals exist. I've never done it myself, but I've heard that if you go to the wave pool at Wet n Wild and swim into the part where the waves come out then you are transported to the front yard of the German Club, which is opposite the Gabba's fourth gate. Only problem is that to do it you have to enter the mind of Marty Pask for about five minutes. Personally I don't think that feeling like a football failure or trophy husband, nevermind the threats of having to put up Leisel or god forbid Aker would be worth it. But it may serve your purposes. Good luck!

Catch the plane from Coolangatta to Brisbane.

The Gabba is only five minutes away from Brisbane Airport according to Warwick.

Warwick must drive like The Wolf.

Being_Marty_Pask.jpg

*FWIW, this is meant all in fun. I still remember Marty taking a contested mark amid three defenders and think he could continue his footy career somewhere given the right circumstances.

The best way to get from surfers paradise to the gabba is via helicopter.
And for a stylish entrance skydive from 14000 ft and land in your allocated seat :D

I know everyone is trying to be helpful, but we really should start giving some accurate information for Aker39.

Now I live on the Gold Coast and travel up for each game, I have tried many of the above mentioned methods, but for me I found that the Helicopter was a little expensive, and the skydiving thing was just a little awkward.

I too have heard of the Wet 'n Wild portal, but had problems with this as I got caught in a storm water drain in Logan somewhere and ended up having to hitch the remaining 15km to the GABBA. Might be OK if you weigh less than 100kg:eek:

Hot Air Balloning sounded great, however when I tried this, unusually strong winds blew us off course and we ended up at South Stradbroke Island.

Warwicks Coast to Game Hovercraft is not a bad option, getting on board at Broadbeach, up to the mouth of the Brisbane River and into Norman Creek does still leave you with about a 3 km walk to the game however.

And DanielCanberra's great idea of catching a plane from Coolangatta to Brisbane is just down right silly. Ruse is right, by the time you get to the airport one hour before your flight, then collect you luggage at Brisbane just in time to board your shuttle bus back to the GABBA, it has taken you 3 hours. Doesn't sound bad, but for Saturday night games, the last flight from Brisbane is 9pm, so you will need to leave again at 1/2 time.:p

By the way, I also find it interesting that they are extending the rail line from Robina to Coolangatta Airport. This will mean the quickest way to get from one airport to the other will actually be by train:eek:

Finally, Aker39, my suggestion. I have often found that catching the old Horse and Cart to be quite a fancy way to get to the GABBA. From outside the Hard Rock Cafe in Surfers, you take your pick of one of the lovely horses and a gentleman in a hat will take you all the way to the GABBA gate of your choice. We must hope that the EI problems is SE Qld clear before too long otherwise I may need to look for alternatives myself:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if I missed something, but I asked a serious question, and all I've got in return is a pack of lunatics playing funny buggers.

Sorry if I missed something, but I asked a serious question, and all I've got in return is a pack of lunatics playing funny buggers.

Sorry if we offended you, but seeing as though you guys now have Aker, we have a lot less to talk about on this board.

POBT is right, catch the train. It is even free if you have a ticket ot the game. From Surfers catch the bus direct to Nerang Rail Station, it will go via Pacific Fair, everything goes via Pacific Fair. You might even stop in for a quick bite to eat if that is your fancy, I am a personal fan of the Goldstiens Bakehouse, down near the Cinema.

The train takes about one hour to get to Vulture Street, then make the 15 minute walk, it is plesant, except for the hill. Can't remember if it is hillier on the way yo the ground or on the way back?

If that fails, try the Hovercraft, or meet up with POBT for the Coolangabba Gold:D

Welcome to the Lions Board:D

I also apoligise Aker. I just assume that seeing as you dont have a car you must have a helicopter.

Also, depending what your going to, there are supporters buses that leave from the transit centre for sporting events. Once again check Transinfo website if these special services are running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back