PS3 dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Traffic Light

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
PS3 has shat itself only 2 months after purchase. The Blu Ray lens has to be replaced. My PS2 did the same, but after 2 years of constant use.

What a heap of crap.

I haven't even used it that much.

I used to think Sony made quality electronics....obviously I was wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS3 has shat itself only 2 months after purchase. The Blu Ray lens has to be replaced. My PS2 did the same, but after 2 years of constant use.

What a heap of crap.
Hmmmm...Thats put me off a lil bit.

Next year, with my first two pay checks I will be getting a Grand. Should I go with a PS3, the 360 or a Wii?

Hmmmm...Thats put me off a lil bit.

Next year, with my first two pay checks I will be getting a Grand. Should I go with a PS3, the 360 or a Wii?

Look at the games available, see what you like, and buy that system. I wouldn't worry about failures with any console, no system is 100% reliable.

Do a search, the whole 360 v ps3 v wii has been done to death, and usually just results in flame wars between fan boys. The truth usually gets lost in it all.

Buy the system with the games you like, all have pro's and cons.

Look at the games available, see what you like, and buy that system. I wouldn't worry about failures with any console, no system is 100% reliable.

Do a search, the whole 360 v ps3 v wii has been done to death, and usually just results in flame wars between fan boys. The truth usually gets lost in it all.

Buy the system with the games you like, all have pro's and cons.
Your right. Mainly depends on what games you prefer. I have had PS1 and a PS2 and have been a Sony fan for a while - mainly to the huuuge catolouge of games they offer. Im more of a Sports game player TBH. But now with me ageing and not having hours of time to use it because of work I will be more of a casual gamer and I think the Wii may be the best option - especially when people come around:)

I'm a sony fan as well, own a ps and a ps2. But this time around the 360 had the games i wanted the most so i went that way.

Just look at objectively from system purchase to system purchase, and buy what is best for you.

As a casual gamer that likes sports, the wii is probably not a bad choice. Tho there's some pretty awesome sports games on the other consoles as well. I play tiger woods 08 on my 360 a heap and it looks and plays awesome. Heaps of stuff to do online with it too, play human opponents, complete challenges set by other gamers etc

Turns out the warranty is good without a docket. I just have to take it to Australia Post and send it off to Sony in Sydney at their cost. It might take a week or two to come back, that's the only downside. At least I don't have to pay anything.

Turns out the warranty is good without a docket. I just have to take it to Australia Post and send it off to Sony in Sydney at their cost. It might take a week or two to come back, that's the only downside. At least I don't have to pay anything.

Thats actually a very lucky outcome. It's very good to hear Sony doing that.

Thats bloody unlucky. PS3's only have a 0.2% failure rate or something around that.

No system in the World has a failure rate that low. Companies keep their failure rate very quiet anyhow and the amount of PSP's that got sent back from the 1st release was obscene.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back