Official Match Thread Round 7 - The Southern Dragons Vs The Fighting Furies @ Dragon Island (5/1)

Remove this Banner Ad

dragonslogosmlol7.png
VS
furieslogodu6.png

The Southern Dragons were embarrased on their home turf last rnd. That doesnt bode well for the Furies as the Southerners have a chance to atone for that loss.

The Southern Dragons have yet another game at their beloved Island after a very meek effort against a surprisingly resurgent Bombers outfit. The Furies conceded 5 goals in 12 minutes during the 3rd qtr last week vs the Hawks, a surge that cost them the game. They must be wary of a wounded Dragons club this week.

The Shagons midfield were rather lax last week, perhaps thinking the game had been won before the ball was bounced. It is highly doubtful that would occur twice in a row with this professional side. Mobb Medallist favourite Sausageroll was unusually quiet last week and will look to bounce back this week. He does have a rather tough test though in the Furies who boast the leagues best defence (95 ag/avg).

TFLUA and his men have a hard running game that allows LondonTiger, Beavers Army and Rota69 to create headaches for opposition matchups. Beavers Army starting position was reaffirmed with his starting on the bench a gamble that didnt pay off against East Side. Cleishy has been having a fine season for the Furies also. Bigpapagman has had a wonderful start with the Furies kicking 7.3 goals in his 2 matches so far. A very good find for the Furies.

Both clubs will be desperate to start 2008 in winning fashion, that alone sets the tone for this game.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Southern Dragons: Sausageroll, Ari18, Pie4Life, Defier

The Furies: London Tiger, TFLUA-Tiger, Realistic Tiger, Beavers Army

Teams to be in Thursday, 9PM AEST

Lost the last two, albeit the last one was against the Hawks, and they're flying, so we really need a win here.

Eat 'Em Alive!!

Aha! Don't you love having a skipper who doesn't know the result of the game two weeks previous.

Southern Dragons side:

B: fantastic crows ~ Coin Toss ~ hendo8888
HB: loopy_cam ~ Kahuna ~ foxdoog50
C: Defier ~ Crows88 ~ Ljp86
HF: jimmy_c8 ~ Tuhob ~ CrowGirl74
F: The Reaper ~ Moo ~ Pie 4 Life
R: Frankston Rover ~ sausageroll ~ ari18
INT: LSS ~ amos

loopy_cam makes his debut. Come on Dragons, need a big win here to get our season back on track.

keen to keep my Danyle Pearce like first year consistent form and rack up a few possesions. Not bad for a newbie to be the leading handball getter and third top disposal getter in his team behind players like ljp and frankston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

keen to keep my Danyle Pearce like first year consistent form and rack up a few possesions. Not bad for a newbie to be the leading handball getter and third top disposal getter in his team behind players like ljp and frankston.

C'mon shaogns, yeah good work Ari but lets remmeber boys its not all about stats and posessions, there are a heap of players in this shagons side who if we didnt have we'd be in alot of trouble, they do the team things like taking players out of game and so forth, so i take my hat off to them.....Anyway, time to bounce back shagons, we lost last week because of a bad chrissy new year break, but we had a good session out on the track this week and we will bounce back this week. Come on shagons!!!!

C'mon shaogns, yeah good work Ari but lets remmeber boys its not all about stats and posessions, there are a heap of players in this shagons side who if we didnt have we'd be in alot of trouble, they do the team things like taking players out of game and so forth, so i take my hat off to them.....Anyway, time to bounce back shagons, we lost last week because of a bad chrissy new year break, but we had a good session out on the track this week and we will bounce back this week. Come on shagons!!!!

Yeh but its up to every player to succeed and when they do they have a right to be proud of themselves and i am. I owe a lot to the team but im still keen on getting a good individual result

Yeh but its up to every player to succeed and when they do they have a right to be proud of themselves and i am. I owe a lot to the team but im still keen on getting a good individual result

Definately, and it is a credit to you that you've had a great start, keep up the good work.GO SHAGONS!!

B: Khan - IDGAF - A•|dan
HB: phoenix_rise - Jolldo87 - jack_reiwoldt_rulz
C: beaver's army - Cleishy - HBK619
HF: rfctigerarmy - Tugga - Realistic Tiger
FF: radz – Bigpapagman – emporer
R: TFLUA-Tiger (c) - hougie - londontiger
Int rota69– Tiger Bait

Hey guys, ive been in Thailand and have just come on to see how the furies are going and hopefully this week we will be able to show the true yellow and black spirit that flows through our blood.

After a few games of bad form from myself i can understand why i am on the bench, hopefully this week i can get back to my true form.

Go the Furies!

Big big game against the new franchise team.

Onballers need to be on top of their games this week against the mercurial sausage dog and Frankstons over.

We need to get back on winning form. Come on boys. :thumbsu:

Big big game against the new franchise team.

Onballers need to be on top of their games this week against the mercurial sausage dog and Frankstons over.

We need to get back on winning form. Come on boys. :thumbsu:

Last week's loss has fired the Shagons up and landonhisarsetiger has fired me up even more!!

We're ready to absolutely destroy this bunch of losers. Their captain doesn't even have the slightest clue on how the team is going.:confused::p
With this type of leadership the rest of the team can't be much opposition either.

A big effort will see a big win to the Shagons!!

Hey guys, ive been in Thailand and have just come on to see how the furies are going and hopefully this week we will be able to show the true yellow and black spirit that flows through our blood.

After a few games of bad form from myself i can understand why i am on the bench, hopefully this week i can get back to my true form.

Go the Furies!

You'd gone AWOL for a while so I benched you reluctantly and hoped you'd return.

You posting is the way to egt back to your preffered spot. :thumbsu: Good stuff Rota.

Last week's loss has fired the Shagons up and landonhisarsetiger has fired me up even more!!

We're ready to absolutely destroy this bunch of losers. Their captain doesn't even have the slightest clue on how the team is going.:confused::p
With this type of leadership the rest of the team can't be much opposition either.

A big effort will see a big win to the Shagons!!

Excellent. Shooting Fish in a Barrel. :D

Hougie has you covered.
no-more-sausage-rolls.jpg

You'd gone AWOL for a while so I benched you reluctantly and hoped you'd return.

You posting is the way to egt back to your preffered spot. :thumbsu: Good stuff Rota.

Its just that i am on holiday and am struggling to get to the internet but dw i respect your decision and whats best for me is best for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back