Official Match Thread Round 9 - The BigFooty Bombers Vs The Fighting Furies @ Windy Hill (19/1)

Remove this Banner Ad

bombersgx8.png
VS
furieslogodu6.png

A resurgent Bombers side, after avoiding a loss in the past 3 week come head to head with the most effective defence in the SFA, the Fighting Furies.

The Bombers have been remarkabke these past 3 weeks, THey failed to gain all but 2 points against East Side 3 weeks ago and since then have drilled the opposition into the ground. They do face a stern test in a firey Furies outfit, with inner talks about particular players causing little mumours to be heard in and around the SFA. This hasnt caused the Fighters any loss on the feild but they dont want things escalating out of control.

Last rnd the Bombers were accurate, depending on precision to gain victory. Nonchalance kicked 4 whilst helping himselfto 27 disposals. OldMav, Ant555, Boncer34 all provided drive through the middle and will be expected to do much of the same this game. FF DougtheLegend booted 3.2

The Furies outlasted a desperate Roys lineup prevailing by just 4 points had this passage of play been different....

4 : 24.32 {rHFF} - BobbyBeecroft too far out to score - or is he?.
4 : 24.36 {rHFF} - A poster! one behind.
Fighting Furies : 12.9.81
The Roys : 11.11.77

The result would have been a far different one than the current result. The Furies will look at thier star studded midfield, with Londontiger, BeaversArmy, HBK619 and Cleishy all capable of turning it up on their day, Bigpapagman kicked 2 lat rnd and will look to continue his good form.

The Furies will hoping to bridge the gap on the Hawks whilst The Roys are just looking for a win. Dont miss this match-up.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

BOMBERS: Ant555, High Ryder, Nonchalance, OldMav

FURIES: Londontiger, HBK619, TFLUA, Beavers Army

Teams to be in Thursday, 9PM AEST

We will need to stop the flying Bombers in order to try and take over The Hawks for First place on the ladder, expecting big, big games from the PTW's.

CARN' THE FURIES

Grand Final rematch again!

Come on boys. Lets nail these maggots! :D

Big games call for big performances. There is no I in Team boys.

BIG TEAM EFFORT REQUIRED :thumbsu:

I say that JRR should not be played this week and give someone else a go. There is a massive conflict of interest in playing JRR.

I say that JRR should not be played this week and give someone else a go. There is a massive conflict of interest in playing JRR.
I reckon Jack will be looking to go out with a bang. He'll try his guts out.
C'mon Furies. Big game against the Bombers.

You make a point. It doesnt seem fair to play a guy who has no desire to play at the Furies any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sante in, Rota back to his rightful position in the midfield, JRR to the bench, an inactive dropped, is how it is looking so far.

2nd last game JRR. I'll play you at Ruck for your last game.

ok guys revamped side here

B: Dave 27 Mantis Newtowner
HB:sikmoe Koala King Richard
C: Shadow man Ant555 Boncer34
HF: godons81 High Ryder (C) tristo
F: DaSawx dougthelegend Jules101
R: nonchalance oldmav danzan22
Int: donsman4eva Smokin Joe

Emg: sean Mbuck

Debuts for Shadow man, tristo, sikmoe, King Richard

Round 9 Furies team:

B: Khan - IDGAF - A•|dan