Official Match Thread Round 9 - MOTR West Coast Wonders Vs Geelong Gumbies @ Subiaco (19/1)

Remove this Banner Ad

wondersgz9.png
VS
gumbyte1.png

A West Coast side on the up against a Geelong side looking a little shaky once again. Breathing space between the final 5 and last 3 is up for grabs.

West Coast did what no other team has done so far and defeated East Side. They did it with such flair and gusto that they left Hawks stunned and wounded, having them limp off their own home gound, 44 pt losers. A brutal display of hard running and crunching tackles have allowed the Wonders to gain a little momentum towards the break. Geelong however have slumped to their 2nd loss in a as many games. A dismal 2nd half allowed the Dragons to kill off the contest running out 39 point winners.

West Coasts midfield looked very impressive last rnd most notably underrated onballer gun EKA who notched up 17 kicks, 15 handballs and a whopping 12 tackles, helping neutralize the much vaunted Hawks on ball division. Newly instated captain Kerrby was limited to just 4 touches, a victim of injury. Worth noting also was that Wonders FF Matera Goal beat his SoO counterpart YOTC, kicking 4 goals to 1.

Geelongs engine room continues to pump out the numbers but are having little to no effect. HCM bagged 3 goals from 5 kicks, whilst Winty bobbed up with 3. The forwards did well when in possession, but just didnt get the ball enough. The gun midfield of Metallica Man, MmmkMrMackie, Renegade and Nick Savo will be looking to go hard early and rid themselves of demons past.

Look for fireworks early and possible changes to each teams lineup. Should be a cracker in the West.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

West Coast Wonders: EKA, Matera Goal, (Just 2 as there are changes at WCW atm)

Geelong Gumbies: Metallica Man, MmmkMrMackie, HCM, Grantyc77

Teams to be in Thursday, 9PM AEST

As we begin our climb Wonders there is one thing I want you to remember. WE DO NOT LOSE AT HOME.

Hear that? It is OUR turf and no one from now opposing players come away from our dung hill with anything other than bruises and crushes ego's. This is our place, we own it, we rule it.

Big game this week, win this and we go to 4th. A big game in the context of our season.

Lets make these Gumbies wished they had never bothered coming!

CARN WONDERS!

We are more than prepared for this one... Been saving ourself for the last two weeks, nothing better than to give you blokes a hiding on your own turf.

Must be a hollow, empty life, always desiring what just WILL NOT happen;)

I'll happily throw in for some counselling after we beat you, seriously, you can get help:)

Wonders, our Turf, our win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B ALberton Magpie - Belly#12 - FiveStrings
HB Dynamite Kid - Rick18 - puppydog7
C BlueFan4 - Peterss - Diggitydogs
HF Happy Eagle- Storm20 - Badseed
F Kerr4PM - Matera Goal (vc) - Afro Thunder
R Big Turls - EKA - Kerrby (c)

IC PAdman - Heals

Right now that they have the losing team out of the way, here is the winning line up:

B: sherrthecat, Cats2rise, portentous
HB: Mooney D' King, G.F.C, AFKAJR
C: Renegade, nick savo, diablo14
HF: ripitup27, King Brown, Fugsy
F: Winty, Hairy Cat Mooney, Soltice Raver
R: grantyc77, Metallica Man, MmkMrMackie
I: Pezza76, dtrainium

B ALberton Magpie - Belly#12 - FiveStrings
HB Dynamite Kid - Rick18 - puppydog7
C BlueFan4 - Peterss - Diggitydogs
HF Happy Eagle- Storm20 - Badseed
F Kerr4PM - Matera Goal (vc) - Afro Thunder
R Big Turls - EKA - Kerrby (c)

IC PAdman - Heals

Bolded ones have hardly posted mate, as you would be aware and the red one well who the **** knows whats happeneed there...

Good luck with your squad Kerrby. :thumbsu:

Mid-week training report

Well it has to be said, Wonders are training the HOUSE down this week. Kerrby really has got us playing more tightly, training hard and looking a lot sharper than we have in a long time. I really sense a feeling of purpose and know-how amongst the team.

Time to seek revenge for our loss earlier in the season, Gumbies got nothing!

GO WONDERS

For shits and giggles I simmed the game early with Qooty

Wonders 17.13 115 def. Gumbies 15.18 108

Matera Goal kicks 5 goals 2

Hairy Cat Mooney kicks 5 goals 6

MmkMrMackie 5 straight from the midfield :eek:

Kerrby 30 touches 9 tackles 3 goals :Thumbsu:

Can anyone tell me how to save commentary files and that?

MG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back