Not open for further replies.

footystar_

Team Captain
Mar 29, 2006
Pt Cook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR!
Ben Cousins in the past 48 hours has signed up with Port Melbourne in the VFL.

He had a meeting with Gary Ayers(Pt Melb VFL coach) and many others to negotiate on a deal to see him down to Victroia.

From what I have been told by a Port Assistant is that he sucsessfully signed up for 12 months and is believed to be on close to the same payments as Ayers ($100k+).

This is yet to hit any forms of NEWS across Australia so this is EXCLUSIVE to Big Footy. So keep your eyes open in the next two days to reports Australia wide on the back page of the papers!

He is set to start training with Port in the next two weeks.

I don't doubt that he may have signed but I find it hard to believe he'd be on 100K. I find it harder to believe Gary Ayres would be on 100K:eek::D.

Exactly, how would Gary Ayres be on 100k a year!

Does Football Victoria foot the bill for coaches - Port Melbourne surely couldn't afford that on top of its player payments.

THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR!
Ben Cousins in the past 48 hours has signed up with Port Melbourne in the VFL.

He had a meeting with Gary Ayers(Pt Melb VFL coach) and many others to negotiate on a deal to see him down to Victroia.

From what I have been told by a Port Assistant is that he sucsessfully signed up for 12 months and is believed to be on close to the same payments as Ayers ($100k+).

This is yet to hit any forms of NEWS across Australia so this is EXCLUSIVE to Big Footy. So keep your eyes open in the next two days to reports Australia wide on the back page of the papers!

He is set to start training with Port in the next two weeks.

his going to stay at Chris Judds house.

Has he moved into Gardys granny flat yet?

Gonna be some killer parties there. Lock up your daughters.

do port or the VFL have a drug testing policy?
Obviously not if Ayres got the coaching gig there

also is the ball biter still down there?
Don't think the ball bitter has been there for a few years.Wasn't he at an AFL club [Dogs ?] in the last few years ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha yer could be parties. I never said he was on $100K I said it is believed to be close to what Ayers was on $100k+ So thats about $5000 a game.. fair bit of coin, but I'm sure it's still a big pay cut from what he was on at the eagles.

If true, i think its good he has gone to a club without an alignment to an AFL club.
Say if he went to Collingwoods VFL team, everyone would assume he would play at Collingwood next year.....

If this is true then I am stoked for him and his family. My one of my favourite players. Wishing him well and perfect drug-free test results all year. :thumbsu:

If this is true then I am stoked for him and his family. My one of my favourite players. Wishing him well and perfect drug-free test results all year. :thumbsu:

He's had them his whole career! I'd rather he actually have a drug-free year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back