Official Match Thread Round 20 - Demons v Furies @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
Big game for both sides, after both suffered thumpings at the hands of fellow finals aspirants in round 20.

The Demons were knocked out of the five by a resurgent Gumbies outfit, and will be grateful to find themselves back on home territory after more than a month away. The D's will be wanting to tighten up their D after it leaked goals all day long in the previous round. Against a powerful Furies line up, they need to or they could find themselves on the receiving end of another pasting. A loss here puts them under immense pressure to make the finals.

The Furies showed up for last weeks match of the round against the Hawks with top spot on the line, and were comprehensively spanked. They cannot be displaced from the top 2, but with a weeks rest still up for grabs, they will be desperate to bring home the bacon in this game and again state their premiership credentials.

Teams to be named by 9PM Thursday.

Come on boys big come back here!
We've lost 2 of our last 2.
NEED TO WIN THIS.
Btw tarks read my pm:p

Thanks a lot for getting the threads up Diablo.

The Dees will be skiing alright, down the ladder, as the Furies march on.

diablo14 said:
Big game for both sides, after both suffered thumpings at the hands of fellow finals aspirants in round 20.

The Demons were knocked out of the five by a resurgent Gumbies outfit, and will be grateful to find themselves back on home territory after more than a month away. The D's will be wanting to tighten up their D after it leaked goals all day long in the previous round. Against a powerful Furies line up, they need to or they could find themselves on the receiving end of another pasting. A loss here puts them under immense pressure to make the finals.

The Furies showed up for last weeks match of the round against the Hawks with top spot on the line, and were comprehensively spanked. They cannot be displaced from the top 2, but with a weeks rest still up for grabs, they will be desperate to bring home the bacon in this game and again state their premiership credentials.

Teams to be named by 9PM Thursday.

Way to put us on the Underground, not that we mind.

We took the Hawks to the cleaners.

Ripped their talons off and drew with them in the sand, "Premiership Pretenders!"

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

We're in great form Dees, look out.

And we can reach number 1. :thumbsu:

B: truebluenavyblues - Stmookeyj -Bomberlegend2007
HB: osmodiar - larkis - Gippy
C: Magpiegirl_13 - Mattyboy_08 - Homer Jnr
HF: V_Townsend - dtm06 - WazzaAC
F: carapalis - itsintheblood - GirlPower
R: Deestroy - EddieBettsIsAChamp - Tarkyn_24
INT: The Reaper - tjpeg44

This could be our swansong fellas. Let's make sure it isn't.

I know my bum isn't pink, and I do believe the rest of my teammates bums are their natural colour (we discuss this sort of thing). Go have a chat to Big Man and co and check what shade their arse is at the minute.

If IDGAF doesnt take IITB to the cleaners I'll be pissed off.

What a traitor. ;)

IDGAF always takes everyone to the cleaners, considering other possibilities is blasphemy.

Here's the team to fire a rocket up these jokers:

B: Tigersman - IDGAF – emperor
HB: Realistic Tiger - Jolldo87 – Khan
C: rota69 - beaver's army – phoenix_rise
HF: HBK619 - bigpapagman – rfctigerarmy
FF: hougie – tugga – kainokaino
R: TFLUA-Tiger - londontiger – Cleishy
Int: Radz – Tiger Bait

Time for me to take a break and TFLUA to have a crack at the centre bounces - that midfield has an insane amount of talent. I'll leave tugs in the goal-square again and see if papagman can capitalize on CHF like last week.

Kaino comes on to the forward pocket and emperor moves to the back-pocket in a straight swap with Realistic.

Pounding these Demons = better than sex. Well, maybe not - that's deluded.

Let's win anyway.

Unleash the fury and in the wise words of the new club motto from Cleishy, 'pr0n is great'. Go boys. :thumbsu:

Diablo's write up.........:thumbsdown: Doesn't even know we spanked the Wonders....

Ho Hum, another pop at the Downhill skiers coming up... Recruiting staff at the Furies will be looking closely at IITB playing FF at the Dees.

Whilst IITB is obviously a tiger, he seems not to suffer fools on the Tigers Board, nor apologetic for his views on all things Tiger.

IDGAF is ready to nail his a$$ to a plank of wood, and push him down Bourke St, until he stops at Cleishy's "pr0n is Great" shop.

:D

Big games expected by the whole team again.

Go Furies. Unleish the Geish. :D

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't there something inherently wrong with the concept of a Mt. Buller Demon.

Allow me to articulate this confusion; should a demon be present on a snow-covered mountain? It would, would it not, melt the snow and should this snow be on a hill of particular angle, cause an avalanche.

So isn't the concept flawed? A demon running around Mt. Buller is more of an inconvenience than something to be feared. Avalanches would certainly cause havoc.

This topic gives me beautiful segue to another relevant point, is it not completely obvious that this game will turn out to be an avalanche on the scoreboard? And this isn't just any old avalanche, this avalanche could bury these Demons until round 1 next season - I don't know about you, but that's one mighty big avalanche.

Tell ya what, there'll be an upward avalanche downstairs if we do sink these Demons - just like that time phoenix_rise got a bit excited when he saw Cleishy's missus.

Avalanche - you know it's going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Furies got this in the bag, when those Demons are out there downhill skiing up a storm, we will come down on them like an avalanche, this will be a thumping.

I'll be looking to keep up my great form over the last couple of weeks as well.

CARN' THE FURIES

If IDGAF doesnt take IITB to the cleaners I'll be pissed off.

What a traitor. ;)

You expect me to play in the magoos for the rest of my career? A better offer came up and I went for it!! Eddie Betts Is a Champ got hold of my manager and the rest is history.

Now watch the 100 goal premiership full forward systematically take the furies apart!!! :thumbsu:

Lets go DEES!!!!

WE can bounce back from last week & keep the Dee train rolling on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on etc etc, ya get the picture lol :p:D

You expect me to play in the magoos for the rest of my career? A better offer came up and I went for it!! Eddie Betts Is a Champ got hold of my manager and the rest is history.

Now watch the 100 goal premiership full forward systematically take the furies apart!!! :thumbsu:
Hit the nail on the head, suck it up Furies:D.

Let's go, you Demons!

Lets smash these pretenders and end their season right here. I will continue to dominate the centre clearances, supplying enough of the ball for the forwards to score an avalanche of goals. Any taggers will Stakered..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back