Media Alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2003
Vegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Okay folks, post in here when you find out about any upcoming Lions radio or TV interviews.

Also post in here when there are any Lions/AFL NEWS flashes.

The idea is that if you reply or subscribe to this thread you will instantly get a heads up when there is an interview coming up or when something big is happening.

Ok, here's one for the girls (and maybe a few boys ;)) and anyone who is going to miss Begley over the next few weeks. You'll see a bit of Begley here and possibly more than you want to! He's a funny bastard and so is Charmo, of course. Read Emily Everywhere's blog on a charity poker night with Power, Blacky and Charmo and click onto the video to see more of the Lions' jokers Charmo and Begley. Enjoy!:)

http://blogs.news.com.au/couriermai...ror_on_the_wall_whos_the_hottest_of_them_all/

Triple M seems to interview a Lions player each week. I think I have provided the link before in another thread. Anyway, here's one from a couple of weeks ago with Jed Adcock talking about playing against Port Adelaide. It makes our win all the more sweeter!
http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/shows/deadsetlegends/listen/index.html

There's one with Charmo, too, revealing what the Lions consume during and after a match (as well as a photo gallery of the big fella, of course!)
http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/shows/thecage/listen/cagehighlights.html?page=2

Triple M seems to interview a Lions player each week. I think I have provided the link before in another thread. Anyway, here's one from a couple of weeks ago with Jed Adcock talking about playing against Port Adelaide. It makes our win all the more sweeter!
http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/shows/deadsetlegends/listen/index.html

There's one with Charmo, too, revealing what the Lions consume during and after a match (as well as a photo gallery of the big fella, of course!)
http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/shows/thecage/listen/cagehighlights.html?page=2

I listened to Jed when he was on. Loved the bit where they asked him about Lade and Brogan being the best ruck duo and what they were like to play on.

He simply replied that he wasn't sure because he didn't play in the ruck. (or something very similar)

I listened to Jed when he was on. Loved the bit where they asked him about Lade and Brogan being the best ruck duo and what they were like to play on.

He simply replied that he wasn't sure because he didn't play in the ruck. (or something very similar)

Yeah, I bet that was a question they had prepared in advance when they thought they were going to interview Charmo, whom they usually get in to do the Lions' reports.

Lions new Away guernsey to be launched on Channel Nine's AFL Footy Show tomorrow night.

http://lions.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5085/Default.aspx?newsId=58685

LIONS NEW AWAY STRIP
The Lions will play in the Club’s newly designed Away Guernsey for the first time this Saturday afternoon against Geelong at Skilled Stadium. The Guernsey uniquely blends the merged Club’s Fitzroy and Lions heritage and will also be worn by the team for their Round 8 night clash against Carlton at Telstra Dome on Saturday 17 May and other selected away fixtures. The Guernsey will be launched on Channel Nine’s AFL Footy Show this Thursday night.

NB: The Away Guernsey should not be confused with the Lions’ White or Clash Guernsey which is designed for any matches where the AFL deems opposing jumper colours are too similar. The two outfits serve entirely different purposes.

Charmo talks footy on radio twice a week:

http://lions.com.au/tabid/5085/Default.aspx?newsid=58765

"Not that I’m exactly new to Triple M – I feel very lucky to have got a deal with them where I have a chat to The Cage every Monday and Friday morning."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those of us who get it, Brown is on Footy Classified soon!

Mark Harvey will also be interviewed and it will be interesting to see how he backs up from the "on the couch" torture...

Good work mate, I think this is a great idea for a thread and I hope everyone gets behind it.

I’m going to delete all the fun stuff above to make sure it stays on track.

Brown was just on FC and here is my attempt at a summary for the QLDrs - He is "hopeful" of playing this week. Brown has to "complete training on Thursday", but reckons he was just "a day or two late" to play on the weekend. Brown has spoken to Leigh about his injury/the risk and it is "his decision" and he will "treat it just like a club game" to decide whether he is fit/healthy.

On the Leigh Matthews' apology after the Hawks game, Brown was "a little embarrassed" by the comment but no big deal. Even though he felt he "probably didn't deserve a spell that night" the way he was playing.

Brown is still getting used to the higher CHF role this year and wants to "get amongst the action a bit more" and needs to be concious of his "positioning" more.

On the contract issue, things are going "pretty good" and he said "I love Brisbane...its been good to me so far" in response to Caro saying she thinks he will stay, with his closing remarks being "I am sure the club/my guys will sought it all out, there is no timeframe on it."

did browny say anything how long Blacky will be out for

He just made reference that he "is having some trouble with his groin" and would be disappointed to miss playing for the DT this week. No specific time frame mentioned, I don't think anyone at the club actually knows yet.

Brown was just on FC and here is my attempt at a summary for the QLDrs - He is "hopeful" of playing this week. Brown has to "complete training on Thursday", but reckons he was just "a day or two late" to play on the weekend. Brown has spoken to Leigh about his injury/the risk and it is "his decision" and he will "treat it just like a club game" to decide whether he is fit/healthy.

On the Leigh Matthews' apology after the Hawks game, Brown was "a little embarrassed" by the comment but no big deal. Even though he felt he "probably didn't deserve a spell that night" the way he was playing.

Brown is still getting used to the higher CHF role this year and wants to "get amongst the action a bit more" and needs to be concious of his "positioning" more.

On the contract issue, things are going "pretty good" and he said "I love Brisbane...its been good to me so far" in response to Caro saying she thinks he will stay, with his closing remarks being "I am sure the club/my guys will sought it all out, there is no timeframe on it."

All in all, a very positive interview by the sounds of it.

Will download a torrent of it tomorrow. :D

Not strictly Lions related but for those of you with HD, as of last night you can now watch The Footy Show live on HD, you can also watch Footy Classified on HD from next week according to TV Tonight.

Not strictly Lions related but for those of you with HD, as of last night you can now watch The Footy Show live on HD, you can also watch Footy Classified on HD from next week according to TV Tonight.

Awesome. I wish 7 would show their games live on HD.

This thread is proving to be a mine of information already. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back