Official Match Thread Preliminary Final - Fighting Furies v Geelong Gumbies @ Tiger Island

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
For the second time in this finals series, the Gumbies head out to Tiger Island to take on the Furies. A close win to the Furies resulted in the first encounter, so the Gumbies will be looking to turn the tables on this occasion. Both teams have been in good form overall in recent weeks, so this promises to be a tight, hard fought tussle.

The Hawks await the winner in the premiership decider.

Teams to be in by 7PM Friday.

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
Furies enter the biggest game of their season with their ex captain and ruckman TFLUA-Tiger under an injury cloud.

TFLUA is battling a headache after a collision with a doorway and is unlikely to play.

You will be updated as more news comes out.

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tends to when match threads turn into yawn fests. Dude your side is in a prelim, big game, needs a lot of hype and you open with unchanged. Come on wheres the imagination?

If you must know i'm crook as a dog at the moment, but in all honesty I'm looking forward to the end of this season so I can start afresh and get a bit of inspiration back in the place :)

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
in all fairness bonce he's got no1 posting well enough to earn a better position. his team deserves to have about 15 back pockets based on posting. at least he's doing his part for the team and more importantly the league.

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
How many weeks have you named unchanged in a row? Just outta interest.

If you're that concerned about the side i'm naming, go back and have a look for yourself.

I inherited a team with 3 people who post every week without fail, of which I am one (and which is why the captaincy basically fell in my lap), and three or four others who occasionally post.

At this stage I don't see the point in drumming up interest when I take over 2/3 of the way through a season. Once this year is over, i'll get things organized and ready for the next year.

I was on fire at training last night. Got out onto the track early and had some goalkicking practice. Slotted about 25 goals straight from various angles and distances. Hopefully I can take that out onto the ground on Sunday and help the Gumbies thump the Fighting Furballs.

Seeing bad kicking cost us against the Furballs two weeks ago, and nearly cost us last week, if we can convert our chances this week, we'll be shoo-ins to make the grand final!

Let's go Gumbies!!

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I was on fire at training last night. Got out onto the track early and had some goalkicking practice. Slotted about 25 goals straight from various angles and distances. Hopefully I can take that out onto the ground on Sunday and help the Gumbies thump the Fighting Furballs.

Seeing bad kicking cost us against the Furballs two weeks ago, and nearly cost us last week, if we can convert our chances this week, we'll be shoo-ins to make the grand final!

Let's go Gumbies!!

Your hard work at training has been noted Winty :D

If you're that concerned about the side i'm naming, go back and have a look for yourself.

I inherited a team with 3 people who post every week without fail, of which I am one (and which is why the captaincy basically fell in my lap), and three or four others who occasionally post.

At this stage I don't see the point in drumming up interest when I take over 2/3 of the way through a season. Once this year is over, i'll get things organized and ready for the next year.

Couldn't care less about the side you named. Your lack of interest clearly underlines my point this season is dragging on.:)

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Couldn't care less about the side you named. Your lack of interest clearly underlines my point this season is dragging on.:)

It's ok boncer, you'll keep.

I can tell you we will be dropping the Gumbies moniker after we win the flag this season, and from next season on will be known as 'Geelong Unchanged'

hougie

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2006
Dark side of the moon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Swansea, Bengals
So whatta ya say Gumbies? Can we just agree that we'll win and go home early? I mean really, we've played each other 3 times in about 5 weeks - same old, same old.

This is the 07/08 premiership line-up (subject to possible change next week - however we'll be sure to duck the doorways to avoid injury):
B: Tigersman - IDGAF – emperor
HB: Realistic Tiger - hougie – Khan
C: HBK619 – phoenix_rise_ – beaver’s army
HF: rota69 - tugga – rfctigerarmy
FF: Jolldo87 – bigpapagman – Radz
R: TFLUA-Tiger - londontiger – Cleishy
Int: Tigers4premiers – kainokaino

Tigers4premiers debuts in a sensational move. Let's do the formalities boys, and take on those f***ers in the Granny.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Houghie, maybe an unwanted oppinion on your team but I'm surprised you've moved kainokaino. Has posted the last 2 weeks in match threads and has performed quite well up forward in both games.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
No I have just been looking at a few of the games to try and work out who to attempt to recruit. kainokaino would certainly be on my list if he wasn't a tigers fan. An opinion cannot hurt Houghie can it.

Back