#31 Chris Dawes

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another ...VERY... brief update on Chris Dawes.
Still little to report as our VFL side has been poor to date.
Chris has been mentioned in the best a few times but I don't think he has had many opportunities to shine.
I hope the VFL side hits some form soon and Dawes starts to dominate a few games.
Maybe I should have selected a top 22 player but I will stick with it and hope he gets a run in the 1's this season at least. Come on 2009 regards to my Buddy thread.

Thanks Pie eyed. Being interstate I don't get to see our footballers live often, but I was in Melb a couple of weeks ago and caught the ressies at Casey.

I had heard what a mountain Chris Dawes was but he looked a lot smaller than that to me. In fact, he bore a resemblance to Chris Tarrant in build (not sure about playing style though). He didn't have stickies that day and the ball never came down there much, but I would like to see him in the seniors, just to see how he goes. A lot of good judges rate both him and Reid.

Dominated Bendigo Bombers on Sunday

and

Hopefully will make his Debut against the Hawks

Thanks Pie eyed. Being interstate I don't get to see our footballers live often, but I was in Melb a couple of weeks ago and caught the ressies at Casey.

I had heard what a mountain Chris Dawes was but he looked a lot smaller than that to me. In fact, he bore a resemblance to Chris Tarrant in build (not sure about playing style though). He didn't have stickies that day and the ball never came down there much, but I would like to see him in the seniors, just to see how he goes. A lot of good judges rate both him and Reid.

They're the same height. Taz was 80 kg when drafted and Dawes was 96 kg. I would imagine Dawes could become huge :thumbsu:

CDAWES-COM.jpg

Finally...the news I have been hoping to report for a very long time.

Collingwood recruit Chris Dawes playing in number 31 will make his long awaited debut for the Collingwood Magpies in their match against St Kilda this Saturday night at the MCG.

Dawes inclusion follows a turbulent week at the Pies after the shock suspensions for the season of Heath Shaw and Alan Didak.

Dawes has been showing progressively more exciting form over the past 7-8 weeks in the VFL and has earned his spot on merit rather than due to the omission of Didak and Shaw.

I wish him the best of luck in his debut and hope his well earned chance in the big time can see him have an immediate impact and allow him to cement a place in the side for the rest of this season.

I am sure all Collingwood supporters will be hoping for big things from Chris and backing him this week.

what do we all think of the long sleeves? personally i like them, but i hear some people saying he should ditch them to look more physically imposing.

No no, the promise of power will be even more effective than the reality.
He can wear short sleeves in about 2 year's time, when he really will look like a bag of walnuts.:D

what do we all think of the long sleeves? personally i like them, but i hear some people saying he should ditch them to look more physically imposing.
Keep the long sleeves he is an old fashioned bash and crsh style full forward, who hits packs the ball and the man like a devil.

The long sleeves just add to the old fashiomned twist

how come you know so much about the history and old players and stuff like that opti, you're about the same age as me. i mean its impressive
the old man is 59 and passes on his knowledge, lol.

Brother is 26 and loves the pies as well so he points out some historical stuff.

Just interested in it God, love watching old tapes of milane, brown, daicos, and even players like Thompson, Tuddenham and such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you do that with the Background?

[youtube]Jtk-GzC8T8Y[/youtube]

[youtube]tdyOC-Gvv5M[/youtube]

[youtube]DTX_8lD6L8w[/youtube]

[youtube]aBMgAWKRxtU[/youtube]

[youtube]y2JVbrffKK4[/youtube]

[youtube]_jqmDaVLkIk[/youtube]

[youtube]yQMaZPp-ji4[/youtube]

[youtube]UDPEqYEebsE[/youtube]

[youtube]RbSM-TSBgeA[/youtube]

U-18 Champ Game at Skilled Park Highlights: