matchwinner

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2005
Templestowe
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Was it just me or was he particularly biased last night??? He seemed to forget that Chad Cornes fired the first shot in the media and chose instead to chastise Fev for saying Cornes should put his head over the ball. He made reference to Fev's comment several times and this was not the only sign of bias in his call!!!

Thank you! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed it last night

Was it just me or was he particularly biased last night??? He seemed to forget that Chad Cornes fired the first shot in the media and chose instead to chastise Fev for saying Cornes should put his head over the ball. He made reference to Fev's comment several times and this was not the only sign of bias in his call!!!

He is always biased against Carlton. He is a well known Carlton hater. He was so biased last night that he made Healy sound pro Carlton.

I loved it especially when he gave it to Kruezer for not soccering through that goal in the last qtr, and he made some comment about him not being up to palmer or cotchins ability. About two seconds later he takes a screamer in the goal square and Dwayne has nothing to say all game.

He is a well known Carlton hater, but do we care? we are carlton fxck the rest!

If we had've lost, and if I didn't hear him say "He's going to be a gun Marc Murphy!!!" then I would have been on the phone to 3AW tonight absolutely abusing him. But then I got over it, coz I figured our win would have hurt him enough. The dog.

Dwayne Russell's commentary yesterday was appalling.
When Port started to play tempo football before half time he blamed Carlton for not manning up as the reason Port were forced to chip it around... :rolleyes:
Port chose to play tempo football to not cough up any late goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather have News Reader Jim Wilson he's a Carlton supporter wish they dump Dwayne he's a s**t commentator :thumbsu:

The best commentators are the once who you can't tell who they support.

As much as I hate Eddie, I think he does a great job being unbiased.

Sandy Robberts
Bruce
Denis Commeti
and even Buckley of late

These guys are brilliant and un biased. But I guess thats the problem with having every game of the week live on tv you get s**t commentators for some

The best commentators are the once who you can't tell who they support.

As much as I hate Eddie, I think he does a great job being unbiased.

Sandy Robberts
Bruce
Denis Commeti
and even Buckley of late

These guys are brilliant and un biased. But I guess thats the problem with having every game of the week live on tv you get s**t commentators for some

Like When eddie or Bucks Commentates collingwood games please no don't want them to commentate next week lol

Like When eddie or Bucks Commentates collingwood games please no don't want them to commentate next week lol

Actually Eddie is not biased when commentates collingwood games, he is very professional.

and Bucks has been my favorite this year of the newbies

I could not believe, amongst other bias calls, that Dwayne stated there was a deafening silence around the ground in the last when the crowd was so pro Carlton you couldn't hear the umpires!

my personal favourite of Dwaynes commentary was when he was talking about how good the cornes brothers were in the first quarter and how they had already had 10 touches between them.

Kane had 9 and chad had 1!!!!!!!

the wikipedia article is hilarious. I think they forgot to mention the rather large mole on his cheek. :D

It was ridiculous how anti-carlton he was.... but then again all intestate foxtel games are always biased against the away team, thats why I hate watching games interstate on foxtel

His best effort was when he bellowed words to the effect of "Well Chad put his head over the ball then". Chad actually kicked it off the ground cos he was too scared to bend down to pick it up. The guy is seriously watching a different game.

my personal favourite of Dwaynes commentary was when he was talking about how good the cornes brothers were in the first quarter and how they had already had 10 touches between them.

Kane had 9 and chad had 1!!!!!!!

what about the one later on when Chad collected the loose ball and he said something like....."and Chad Cornes almost takes Tredrea head off as he puts his head over the ball like he always does' Chad didn't even bend over when he collected the ball :)

His comments were so clearly against Carlton I nearly turned the sound down at one stage. Thankfully Frawley stepped in and started analysing the game objectively. Must have hurt him to watch our comeback- sucked in!

Last quarter, Pearce running in to open goal and Carlton player lays a tackle and Murhpy picks it up - D.Russell "Genuine superstar tackle from Murphy. He is going to be a an abosulte gun Marc Murhpy"...great to hear, but Waite laid the tackle :D

Bloke is an absolute knob end.
Hated Carlton for years.
I have stopped listening to Sports Today on 3AW since he got the job after Hooksey's death, and just abhor listening to him call footy whether we are playing or not and trust me when i say my friends are sick of hearing me whinge about his commentary when i am watching a game he is calling with them.

His comments were so clearly against Carlton I nearly turned the sound down at one stage. Thankfully Frawley stepped in and started analysing the game objectively. Must have hurt him to watch our comeback- sucked in!

You know there is def something wrong when Danny Frawley is straighening things up... he's woeful himself. Not from a bias POV, but his general lack of insight, esp for a 300 gamer and coach of an AFL side.

There seems to be a distinct lack of good callers these days. CH9 had by far the best coverage, and good banter between callers like Cometti, Lyon, Eddie etc... now we're subject to the production line of zero personality Foxtel callers, and flogs like Schwarz and Ricky O.

Thank christ for Buckley... the only one out of the new batch who shows he knows what he's on about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back