Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
furieslogodu6.png
v
BaghdadBombersLogo.png

We head into Round 5 of the season, and this is one of the matches of the round. Last season's premiers have been strangely flat in the last two weeks, firstly in a surprise loss against the Wonders, and then against the Hawks last week. The Bombers on the other hand, look to be building a formidable nucleus. After being comprehensively thrashed in the opening round of the season, they've strung together three in a row, and are sitting a game clear in fourth position at this early stage in the season.

Players to Watch:

TFLUA-Tiger: The admin of the comp is in the middle of a self confessed form slump. Can he turn his personal form around and inspire the Furies to snap their two game losing streak? Or will he keep his spot in the side to begin with? There could be a big name dumping if the rumours are to be believed.

Doggiesin08: In his elusive search for his best starting 18, the rotations will continue for Doggies and his Bombers. Perhaps a move to a rarely played position will be a precursor to a ripping game from the Bomber captain.

So this could be the sleeper match of the round. A seemingly 'hungover' Furies v a Bomber side on the up. In a hard one to pick, I'm going for the Furies by virtue of the home ground advantage.

umm what:confused:
either you stuffed up your wording or i'm an idiot who can't see you're secret message. i'd give it about even odds.

Lol, let me scroll through a few threads and see if I've made an idiot of myself :p

Edit: Nope, don't think so. Just edited my original post. I was talking about you personally by the way ;)

:D, btw you taking charge of the Wonders? I suggest making a stand against Kerrby when he comes off his card.

Haha, no need, I'll be sorting everything out with Kerrby and the rest of the leaders over the next couple of weeks and then he can say something on behalf of the leadership group when he gets back :thumbsu:

Haha, no need, I'll be sorting everything out with Kerrby and the rest of the leaders over the next couple of weeks and then he can say something on behalf of the leadership group when he gets back :thumbsu:
well if you don't get it there is always a VC role at the Bombers. Loopy is terrible, and if you do become captain maybe we could work out a trade with loopy for perhaps HP?:D

Lets just say, the Furies FB is going to go in the record books... for most conceeded in a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Furies will get back on track this week. A few changes in the side and the hunger is back.

Furies by 30pts

Pud see ewe from the local Thai shop goes down a treat. :thumbsu:

Furies have said hunger, and I've got the motivation with the girl Equus sold me coming back for more hougification.

The neutral observer would say the Furies comfortably. :thumbsu:

Bombers by a long way in this one.

Our form has been improving gradually over the season and while we won't be hitting our straps just yet, we won't need to against a team on the downfall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back