Player Interview Transcript - Adam Thomson

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Burton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Peter Rhode: Come in Thommo, sit down, do you want a coffee?

Adam Thomson: No thanks Peter, I’ve already had a few coffees this year, not that it seemed to matter.

Mark Williams: Hi Adam.

Adam Thomson: Hi Choco, how is Pauline?

Mark Williams: Yeah um Pauline is good, um…ah……..how’s the OP going Thommo?

Adam Thomson: I don’t have OP Choco that is a story you made up.

Mark Williams: Look I’m pretty sure you had OP Thommo!!

Peter Rhode: Can you explain why you were having groin problems during the Hawthorn game after a great performance in the Essendon a week before the bye.

Adam Thomson: The week of the bye was the Mothers Day weekend and I was pretty busy that weekend.

Peter Rhode: What do you think you have learnt this year Thommo?

Adam Thomson: The one thing that stands out in my mind is how hard the interchange bench is.

Peter Rhode: Anything else?

Adam Thomson: Yeah, Sturt are a pretty good football team.

Tony McGuiness: Good morning Thomo.

Adam Thomson: Hi Tony, how is Georgina?

Tony McGuiness: Georgina ith good Thomo, what do you think you can do to improve your game for netht theathon?

Adam Thomson: I want to be traded.

Mark Williams: OK we will wrap it there then.

Well done ETW - this player interview transcript was reproduced in Rucci's Roast! :thumbsu:

Funny tho, how we are expected to provide links to the articles we reproduce, BigFooty wasn't acknowledged as the source of this piece.

Mark Williams: Yeah um Pauline is good, um…ah……..how’s the OP going Thommo?...........

Adam Thomson: The week of the bye was the Mothers Day weekend and I was pretty busy that weekend.

:D:D. Did Rucci pick up on this??

Well done ETW - this player interview transcript was reproduced in Rucci's Roast! :thumbsu:

Funny tho, how we are expected to provide links to the articles we reproduce, BigFooty wasn't acknowledged as the source of this piece.
Well done ETW. That might get you a nomination for the BigFooty Hall of Fame :thumbsu:

Ford, do you recall if when Rucci was having a go at the "lunatic fringe" did he mention BigFooty by name or was he vague about internet sources?

Mark Williams: Yeah um Pauline is good, um…ah……..how’s the OP going Thommo?...........

:D:D. Did Rucci pick up on this??
Rucci acknowledged that it was a edited version of ETW's transcript. He left out references to wives and the last part was given as something along the lines of;

Adam Thomson: [tape inaudible]

Awaits royalty cheques;)

Sues for plagiarism:cool:

Ford, do you recall if when Rucci was having a go at the "lunatic fringe" did he mention BigFooty by name or was he vague about internet sources?

As far as I can remember, he's always vague about internet sources. He'll mention "the blogosphere" or "internet message boards" but not BigFooty by name. I don't think places like this (esp BF) are particularly popular with News Ltd - they seem to get a few stories from here (see Rucci mentioning Thommo and Bentley possibly getting out and linking Bentley to Melbourne, while saying Thommo probably won't go to camryland - both straight off here - thanks to Macca23 for his AT insights :thumbsu:). Pity he didn't read the Quinn reference fully in the fitness coach thread (and that one was from News Ltd publication. Left hand, right hand?) ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci's response:

Get your lawyer to look at that transcript. Our lawyers would not let us quote it verbatim. They say the notion of Adam Thomson bonking his coaches' wives is defamatory. You will be grateful we have not sourced it and you have a chance to clean it up.

I didn't get a sense of anyone bonking anyone from that post. Why would Michelangelo Rucci suggest that AT was bonking MW's wife? Is that what Rucci is suggesting? Surely it is satirical and not to be taken seriously by anyone.

If either party complains we will of course have to edit it.

Rucci's response:
.... They say the notion of Adam Thomson bonking his coaches' wives is defamatory. You will be grateful we have not sourced it and you have a chance to clean it up.
The usual test is would a reasonable person take Adam Thomson asking Choco and McGinneth about their wives as meaning he was "bonking" them. I'm not sure what goes on at the 'Tiser but maybe that is secret code in Rucci's workplace. :rolleyes:

You'd really have to know about the Thommo background on this board to pick up on the "How's your wife" and "Mother's Day" comments.

But yeah wasn't surprised about the lawyer response.

You'd really have to know about the Thommo background on this board to pick up on the "How's your wife" and "Mother's Day" comments....
Yes, very much an in joke on this board. I tried it on a few of my colleagues and they had no idea what I was talking about.

... But yeah wasn't surprised about the lawyer response.
Professional arse coverers

Rucci's response:

Get your lawyer to look at that transcript. Our lawyers would not let us quote it verbatim. They say the notion of Adam Thomson bonking his coaches' wives is defamatory. You will be grateful we have not sourced it and you have a chance to clean it up.

I didn't get a sense of anyone bonking anyone from that post. Why would Michelangelo Rucci suggest that AT was bonking MW's wife? Is that what Rucci is suggesting? Surely it is satirical and not to be taken seriously by anyone.

If either party complains we will of course have to edit it.

Chief was that sent to you direct from Rucci? Did you ask him about ETW's post in some correspondence with him?

Chief was that sent to you direct from Rucci? Did you ask him about ETW's post in some correspondence with him?

I asked him to attribute content to the source in future. Now apparently:

I'm sure you'll be hearing from Port.
So no doubt he's going to throw his weight around and go dobbing to Port about a satirical post on BigFooty :rolleyes:

I asked him to attribute content to the source in future. Now apparently:

So no doubt he's going to throw his weight around and go dobbing to Port about a satirical post on BigFooty :rolleyes:

Thanks for your response. Given the stories he's been writing recently about Port, the club might tell him to get stuffed and get a sense of humor! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back