5AA Before the Bounce Transcript

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Burton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Dittmar: Welcome listeners to today’s Before the Bounce, and hello to Josh Francou, Chris McDermott and Stephen Rowe and guys, what a fascinating match we have here between the Power and the Crows.

McDermott: Yeah you’re right Ditts this would be the match of the round All Day Every Day.

Dittmar: It certainly is Chris, so I’ll start with you Josh, what does the Power need to do to win this very important showdown?

Francou: Well I’ve been saying it year Ditts, Port just need to get the ball and attack long and direct down the centre corridor and not be afraid to go to a man on man contest in their forward line. There is no point in playing that high possession game and going wide like they have been for most of the season.

Dittmar: Do you agree with that Chris?

McDermott: Ah for sure Ditts, if the Power keeps on playing that wide game, it will break down All Day Every Day. They need to get their hands on the agget and go long down the middle.

Rowe: You know your absolutely right boyz, the powa should take that wide game and say seeya later alligator, up your nose with a rubber hose and BLOODY KICK THE BALL LONG DOWN THE GUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dittmar: Where do think the game will be won and lost Chris?

McDermott: It will come down to the midfield, win the midfield, win the match ALL Day Every Day.

Rowe: I think you’re right Bones, but surely, surely, SURELY!!!! the battle between Tredders and Rutten will be vital.

McDermott: Look Truck has had the wood on Tredrea for a while now and Tredrea just cannot get his hands on the aggot against The Truck. Truck will win this contest All Day Every Day.

Rowe: Yeah I think you’re right Bones, it will be on ya bike Tredders, seeya later alligator, up your nose with a rubber hose.

Dittmar: Come on guys, Tredders has been in some good form this season and I really think Rutten will have his work cut out.

Francou: Well I’ve been saying it all year Ditts, Port just need to get the ball and attack long and direct down the centre corridor and not be afraid to go to Tredrea in a man on man contest in the forward line. There is no point in playing that high possession game and going wide like they have been for most of the season. If they do that, Rutten will clean up.

Dittmar: Who will get the job on Sean Burgoyne Chris?

McDermott: Well Shirley normally gets the run with role on the opposition’s best midfielder but I think he may be a bit slow. I would go with Van Berlo and if they do go with Shirley Port will win All Day Every Day.

Francou: Have to agree with you there Chris, Shaun would get the ball with his pace and if he gets the ball and attacks long and direct down the centre corridor and not be afraid to go to a man on man contest in the forward line then Port will go a long way to winning the game. There is no point in playing that high possession game and going wide like they have been for most of the season.

Rowe: Absolutely right Josh, there is no good playing that ticky, ticky, touchy, touchy backwards, forwards, sideways CRAPOLA FOOTY!!!!!!!! Take that type of game and stick up you’re nose with a rubber hose, seeya later alligator, in a while crocodile, in a boat without a float and BLOODY KICK THE BALL LONG DOWN THE GUTS TO TREDDERS!!!!!!!!!

Dittmar: OK boys, joining us now for this special edition of Before the Bounce is KG and Cornesy. Welcome KG, how much are you looking forward to this game.

KG: W w w well Ditts, I can tell you r r r right now that I I I am really exited about this m match. I It’s a great day for South Australia you can mark my words about that.

Dittmar: KG, do you think the supporters are still as keen about showdowns as they were years ago.

KG: W w w well let me tell you this Ditts, I I I was down amongst the supporters a a little earlier and they are exited I can give you the strong tip.

Dittmar: Thanks KG, um Cornsey, how do think the game will pan out today.

Cornes: Well despite the fact that Port have won their last 8 games in convincing style and the Crows are coming off a loosing streak of 5 games, if you look at the teams on paper, there is no reason why the Crows should not win, and win easily.

KG: Orrrr d don’t say that Studley, i i it will come back and bite you I’ll give you the strong tip.

Cornes: Don’t be silly Ken.

Rowe: I agree with KG Cornsey, I mean Jesus Christ, you are asking for BAAAAAD KARMA!.

Cornes: Ahh now there is no need to blaspheme Rowie, God you’re a goose!!!!!!

McDermott: Saying things like that will always come back and bite you on the bum All Day Every Day.

Dittmar: OK fellas we will wind it up there, who will win Josh?

Francou: Well if Port just get the ball and attack long and direct down the centre corridor and not be afraid to go to a man on man contest in their forward line they will win.

Dittmar: Bones?

McDermott: Crows All Day Every Day

Dittmar: Rowie?

Rowe: Crows has to the Crows, definitely the Crows. SURELY THE CROWS!!!! C’mon Crows, GO YOU GOOD THING!!!!!!!!!!!

Dittmar: Cornsey?

Cornes: Well I made some notes but I just cannot seem to find them

KG: Orrr come on Stud, lift your game old son.

Cornes: Crows by 8 goals.

Dittmar: KG

KG: W w well I think the Power, I’ll give you the strong tip on that.

Dittmar: I’m with KG, Power will win but I think it will be close.

Rowe: Go Crows and stuff you Powa up your nose with a……………………………

that one is so close to the truth it aint funny, Almost worth going to the tape of the last showdown and 90% of that would have been said. Sad but true.

very good, you nailed rowey big time.

Well done Expecttowin, very funny. Clever, witty and right on the money.

Heard Chris "All Day Everyday" McDermott on the weekend and gee he says that a lot. Yesterday He was just about to orgasm on radio over Taylor Walker. He must have been an instincive footballer because he is hopelessly out of touch as a commentator...and of course his coaching record,........... well he will never get another senior job, all day everyday.

Cornes: Well despite the fact that Port have won their last 8 games in convincing style and the Crows are coming off a losing streak of 5 games, if you look at the teams on paper, there is no reason why the Crows should not win, and win easily.

Standing ovation right there. :D

Rowe: You know your absolutely right boyz, the powa should take that wide game and say seeya later alligator, up your nose with a rubber hose and BLOODY KICK THE BALL LONG DOWN THE GUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wondeful stuff from ExpectToWin.

Bloody funny and dead accurate.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Rowe is an absolute idiot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EWT - great stuff once again but really disappointed that you didn't include a "stick it up your Jatz Cracker" from Stupid Rowe.

I think everyone in South Australia agrees with this
except a few cows supporters

Right on brother, it's amazing how completely wrong the opinions of all those guys are! I mean they're worse than a 50/50 call, consistently. Can't even understand Rowe/KG or Dittmar most of the time as they go bunta over seemingly ordinary passages of play. Embarrassment to South Aussies- far too parochial, boring cliches, lazy work.

I think everyone in South Australia agrees with this except a few cows supporters
In The Advertiser Footy Fans Survey that voted Choco the worst AFL coach Crows' fans voted Stephen Rowe as the best sports commentator on Adelaide radio. That would suggest that more than just a few Crows' supporters think he is the bee's knees.

In The Advertiser Footy Fans Survey that voted Choco the worst AFL coach Crows' fans voted Stephen Rowe as the best sports commentator on Adelaide radio. That would suggest that more than just a few Crows' supporters think he is the bee's knees.

We are doomed :thumbsdown:

Great stuff. You have to blog some of these, ETW!

I'm not sure that our interstate friends would get the gist of these type of posts as they are SA centered. I may need work on the national football identities to appeal to a wider audience.

Thanks for all the positive comments from eveyone so far on the Port board.

If anyone thinks I should stop, stop, stop then let me know or conversely if you have any ideas on what I could work on, I would appreciate the suggestions.

.... If anyone thinks I should stop, stop, stop then let me know or conversely if you have any ideas on what I could work on, I would appreciate the suggestions.
Now that Rucci has picked up on your transcripts maybe you could publish the transcripts from Rucci's meetings with the Editor at the 'Tiser :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back