Debutant
Sep 8, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Blacks, Nth London
-
The two semi-finals will be on satellite TV in Sydney this Sunday 21 Sept (ABC SA coverage).

Where:
Rooftop bar of the Royal Exhibition Hotel
cnr Devonshire St and Chalmers St (20 second walk from Central Station)
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...151.207151&spn=0.007642,0.013819&z=16&iwloc=A

When:
From 2pm to 6:30pm (Sydney time)

Sturt v Norwood from 2pm to 4:15pm
Glenelg v Central from 4:15pm to 6:30pm

s**t, if I had seen this earlier I definately would have been there! C'mon Norwood!!!

I'm back in Adelaide next weekend too...grrr

Thanks again Weatherchap and the other blokes there was a good arvo. disappointed the missus tagged me out of the game early but you get that.

See you all next time.

Thanks again Weatherchap and the other blokes there was a good arvo. disappointed the missus tagged me out of the game early but you get that.

See you all next time.

It was a good laugh. Some great stories.
Good effort too for managing to shake the missus for a couple hours. At least they sat it out for a quarter too.
The GF is a good chance at the same pub in 2 weeks.

I'll be there for the granny.

You're not hooking up the bean bag for the brownlow tonight are you? Just had a look in the paper and 10 aren't putting it on until 1am. Scum.

Yes, well done WeatherChap.

Looking forward to a big turnout at the SANFL GF.

BTW The Brownlow is on Foxtel MainEvent (ie channel 518) live at 8:30 tonight.

The Club Swans in Kings Cross or the Alexandria Hotel near Redfern will no doubt be showing it. The Windsor Castle and the Royal Exhibition are also good bets.

Good job Weatherchap. Mind you I thought we were in trouble after almost an hour before we got the signal.

We will have to get there with plenty of time to spare for the GF just in case something happens, especially if the double blues get into the GF and you're at Footy Park.

Good to meet you footyhead and look forward to catching up at the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, Weatherchap will be in Melbourne for the GF along with a few others. We are going to do it for the GF, but have to sort out some stuff with the pub first. We will post all the info later next week.

PS. Is the feed coming from a FTA Sat.????

Weatherchap has an 36 inch satellite dish. Last year he bought another set top box and the "magic card" which decodes the signal which lets him pick every ABC and every SBS channel from around Australia. So in the breaks in 2nd semi game, we flicked it across to ABC WA and watched a bit of the WAFL GF Subi v Swan Districts. He also gets Imparja and a few country Prime and Southern Cross stations.

The Port Supporters Group has been drinking at the Royal Exhibition for a couple of years and Weatherchap regularly comes along. We know the staff pretty well now so they let us do a trial run a few weeks ago in anticipation of putting on the GF. They gave us access to the roof top bar, we set up the dish and ran a few cables to the big plasma screen and bob's your uncle.

Anyone know where we can get these "magic cards"??

I didnt no they were still available, once it all went digital i thought thatw as the end of them.

PM me if you have information please.

Weatherchap bought it for $70 from a satellite tv business in Castle Hill so its all legit. When he gets back from the GF I'll ask him and send you a PM. I have incorrectly used the phrase "magic card" in my post and should have said smartcard.

Weatherchap bought it for $70 from a satellite tv business in Castle Hill so its all legit. When he gets back from the GF I'll ask him and send you a PM. I have incorrectly used the phrase "magic card" in my post and should have said smartcard.

I know a few naughty kids a couple of years back making their own cards to access all the different local versions of Fox Footy. If there's a legit way of accessing SA ABC telecasts, could you PM me as well? It'd be much appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back