Official Match Thread Round 11: Fighting Furies vs. Southern Dragons @ Punt Rd Oval (5/10)

Remove this Banner Ad

7th and 8th placed teams will battle for four points at Punt Rd Oval come Sunday. The reigning premiers the Fighting Furies are hoping to beat the Dragons from down South in a near close to match of the round. Both teams sit on the lower end of the ladder, sitting on 4 wins each. With both teams on equal wins and losses, the Furies not only win 7th place due to percentage but also because the Shagons lost a point due to late submission of the team.

Both teams haven’t had the seasons they were expecting, despite coming from both ends of ladder the previous season. Furies blistered through the finals and won the Grand Final over the East Side Hawks while the Southern Dragons had their first year together after merging clubs. The Shagons were introduced and they finished the season in the finals while having their name next to 5th last of end of season ladder.

Expect both teams to come out firing and looking to add 4 points to the tally. Whichever team wins on the day will gain the higher position on the ladder than their opposition.
Players to watch:

Cleishy- Fairly consistent and is due for a huge game.

Sausage roll- Keep your eyes peeled as he will get a lot of the ball

15Petterd15- Nearly doubling furies ruckman, hougie in hitouts also earning

Fantastic Crows- gone in pretty quiet but should do well.

Teams submitted by 9pm Friday

Going to be a good game. Dragons have won three in a row now and we're starting to look alright in the middle part of the season. The youth injected into this club have been a breath of fresh air and it has certainly paid dividends so far.

Still need to keep winning as we are still outside of the top five. A big chance to make it four in a row. :thumbsu:

Our tail is up. We've defeated some decent sides in recent weeks, so if we win this week I think we will be a good chance to make the finals.

Fire up Dragons!

The team has been Shaked 'n' baked.

B: Brooksy88 - IDGAF – Tigersman
HB: Equus - Cleishy (vc) – londontiger
C: beaver’s army – bigpapagman – Jolldo87
HF: KainoKaino - hougie (vc) – benchwarmer77
FF: HBK619 – tugga – Carn Tigez
R: TFLUA-Tiger - phoenix_rise_ (c) – rfctigerarmy
Int: emporer - TigerBabe

Equus in HB. I like it.

Dragons are nothing anyway. All this talk about getting 4 wins in a row is rubbish. We'll be the one that break that streak of yours and stamp our authority.

Watch out Dragons. We will surpass you in skill, pace and talent.

FURIES!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Round 11: Fighting Furies vs. Southern Dragons @ Punt Rd Oval (5/10)

if use are anything like your affiliates this will be easy

hillbilly-758774.png

Oh no i wrote use instead of you are damn that cuts me pretty deep mate problem is footy isnt about how good you are at grammar. Furies will cop a hammering this weekend can't see the dragons losing another game for the year.

A move up forward to take on the Shagons, I shall not dissappoint.

Really gotta win this one boys, be very hard to even make finals if we lose anymore games.

As with my previous games, I shall be bringing the pace of Ablett, the agility of Buddy and the goal kicking of Plugger to help in winning this game.

CARN' THE FURIES

Oh no i wrote use instead of you are damn that cuts me pretty deep mate problem is footy isnt about how good you are at grammar. Furies will cop a hammering this weekend can't see the dragons losing another game for the year.

Of course footy isn't about how good your spelling and grammar is but for the sake of other people who has to read your post, please get it right.

And for what its worth, I think that the Furies will be the one that will be trampling on the Dragons.

Of course footy isn't about how good your spelling and grammar is but for the sake of other people who has to read your post, please get it right.

And for what its worth, I think that the Furies will be the one that will be trampling on the Dragons.

Think the word might be have mate.

Of course footy isn't about how good your spelling and grammar is but for the sake of other people who have to read your post, please get it right.

You're correct, typing use instead of you is a concerted effort to be illiterate. Good going mate, keep it up. lolzor n00b pwnt...

Furies by the Flemington.

This is not an English lesson, it's a game of football!

But ironically The Furies will be in for a lesson in football this weekend. Take what you learn from this huge loss you're about to experience and use it to help you become more competitive the following week.

English ability helps when the competition is based upon reading and writing.

But I do concur about focusing on the game, something the Dragons will need to do if they're going to get close.

Equus to take someone's head off, tugga to kick 5 and TFLUA's move to the ruck to be a revelation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back