Leeds player puts in crap performance...

Remove this Banner Ad

AndSmithMustScore

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Celtic Utopia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Boston ones.
During last week's Carling Cup tie against Hartlepool, one of the Leeds United players was apparently overcome with a sudden case of the trots during the first half - and, how shall we say, er ... browned his shorts on the pitch!!

Not surprisingly, he was promptly substituted!! (he'd scored the opening goal too).

In David Batty's autobiography he tells of something similar happening to him during his Leeds days, in a game against Wolves but I think he managed to conceal from the crowd what had happened.

Is this just a Leeds United phenomenon:)p), or has anyone ever heard of it happening to any other player?!

Players are being sick all the time or having the occasional slash in sports but I guess this is going just that bit further.

Is this just a Leeds United phenomenon:)p), or has anyone ever heard of it happening to any other player?!

It happened to Ronnie Whelan, Steve McMahon, and Graeme Souness everytime they had to face Norman Whiteside, Bryan Robson, and Gordon Strachan during the 1980s.

Different sport but Im pretty sure something similar happened with Scott Russell in the early 90s. Bright sunny day, great oval and white shorts which mysteriously turned brown.

I cant imagine running around playing sport after crapping your dacks. Just the smell would put you off your performance surely.

There was also a motivational poster on the ol' Limbo Club of a long distance runner with s**t dripping down his legs and a whole bunch of people in the crowd behind him having a laugh.

Dedication_poopRunner_motiv.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back