Ben Cousins Interview Transcript

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Burton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Mark Williams: Firstly Ben just a quick thanks for um…….giving all of us here at ahh………….Port Adelaide the chance to um………..talk to you in regards to your playing future. How was your trip?

Ben Cousins: I don’t do trips Choco, I’m clean now.

Mark Williams: I meant your plane trip Ben.

Ben Cousins: Oh, plane trip, yeah that was good.

Matthew Primus: OK Ben, we will start with the most obvious question first.

Ben Cousins: You mean the drugs and my rehabilitation?

Matthew Primus: No, we were wondering if you managed to get any decent shots of Judd’s girlfriend while you were at West Coast because she’s a honey!!

Adam Kingsley: Get your mind out of the gutter Matty…………have you got her phone number Ben?

Peter Rohde: OK boys, let’s get this back on track. How would you describe your fitness compared to when you were playing last?

Ben Cousins: Well I have dropped off the speed a little.

Tony McGuiness: I would have thought the thpeed would of thtopped all together.

Ben Cousins: I’m talking about running speed.

Tony McGuiness: Thorry Cuth, I mithunderthtood you.

Mark Williams: Do you think you will cope with the um……needling you’ll get from the media?

Ben Cousins: I pretty used to the needling so that wont be a concern.

Peter Rohde: You had a lot of bad blood with Josh Carr in the WA derbies. Do you think there will be problems playing with Josh?

Ben Cousins: No that will be fine; I had no problems getting away from Carr on most occasions in WA.

Tony McGuiness: Are you confident you can commit yourthelf 100 perthent to another club after therving the Wetht Coastht Eaglth for tho long?

Ben Cousins: I will be fine once I cross that white line.

Adam Kinsley: Have you been contacted by many other clubs about a return to football.

Ben Cousins: A few have sent E-mails to try and lure me.

Tony McGuiness: They thent you E in the mail? That ith dithpicable!!!!!!

Ben Cousins: No Electronic Mail Tony.

Tony McGuiness: Oh thorry, I mithunderthtood.

Mark Williams:Thanks for your time Ben and I will be honest and say the club is on a real high at the thought of you maybe playing for us Ben.

Ben Cousins: Its sounds like we would be a fairly good fit then.

The characterisation of a certain vertically-challenged, easily-confused fella with a speech impediment made this.

Top stuff again, ETW!

Well done ETW.:thumbsu:

In my Australian Idol judge voice I asked if you could keep up the standard because if it dropped we would be disappointed. But I think this is the best one yet.

Mark Williams: Do you think you will cope with the um……needling you’ll get from the media?

Ben Cousins: I pretty used to the needling so that wont be a concern.
:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back