What is the greatest Christmas song ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mudbug

Debutant
Jun 30, 2008
Manchester UK
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
What is the greatest Christmas song ever?

John Lennon, Happy Xmas (War Is Over), Fairytale Of New York, The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Bruce Springsteen, Do They Know Its Christmas, Band Aid or something else?

This Day in Music have launched a poll to find out what your favourite Christmas songs are.

What song would you pick? You can see a full list of songs and vote on http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

Weird Al - The Night Santa Went Crazy & Christmas At Ground Zero :D The first 2 songs I play on the 1st of december every year :D

War is Over - John Lennon

U2 - Angel Of Harlem. Only xmas song I can stand. Most of the rest are so lame they make me want to scream.

I would not really thought of this as a Christmas song. More of a tribute to Billie Holiday.

Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kristy Macoll is a masterpiece.
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole is gorgeous.
White Christmas - Bing Crosby is great.
Happy Xmas (War is Over) - John Lennon - Love it.

I have a CD of the Christmas Crooners with Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and Nat King Cole and I unashamedly love it. It comes out every Christmas and we just bought the new Chris Isaac Christmas CD too. Haven't heard it yet but looking forward to it.

I hate the muzak carols that are played in the shops from November on, but love the sound of Christmas generally.
There are a lot of Eberneezer Scrooges on here I reckon !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I LOOOOOOVE the song they play in Home Alone when Kevin goes in the church with the crazy old man who they suspect murders people or whatever...
I dunno what song it is..

For my favourite carol, I can't look past Jimmy Barnes and the Tin Lids.. I don't know the title of it but it's on a myer christmas carol CD.

"what do we do? if santa forgets to come.." Tin Lids
"wellll you can hoooollllddd me tiiiiiiiighhhht, welllll you can hooooollllddd me tiiiiiiiggghhht" Jimmy

....It doubles as my favourite Jimmy Barnes song too...

ugh. Christmas time again. Every crap pop singer and their dog is releasing a remake of a Christmas song:eek:

i'll give it a go, in no particular order...
  • happy xmas (war is over) - lennon
  • it's beginning to look a lot like christmas - bing crosby
  • winter wonderland - bing crosby
  • stop the cavalry - jonah lewie
  • jingle bell rock - bobby helms
  • let it snow let it snow let it snow - bing crosby
  • white christmas - bing crosby
  • silver bells - bing crosby
  • blue christmas - elvis presley
  • have yourself a merry little christmas - frank sinatra
  • mele kalikimaka - bing crosby (think clark griswald dreaming about his pool in chrsitmas vacation)
  • all i want for christmas - mariah carey
heaps of others, i have a christmas music playlist on the ipod that i roll out this time of year. these songs remind me it's christmas time more than most.
:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back