Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
AdamVarcoe_246a.jpg

Height: 180 cm
Weight: 64 kg
DOB: 13/12/1990

Watch Adam Varcoe in action

Bio: Varcoe is a lightly-built and quick player who tackles well, much like his brother Travis at Geelong

South Australia U18 coach Brenton Phillips says: Adam is the brother of Geelong's Travis and he's a kid who has a really high work ethic and he pushes himself to the limit. He's very quick, but unfortunately he injured his knee and required a reconstruction so he couldn't play in the national championships. Adam is a very similar type of player to his brother; at this point he has a lighter frame, but he has all those attributes. He runs and carries, chases and tackles and all those sorts of things.

He has that freaky ability to dispossess blokes with the ball and do something magical with it.

Re: Rookie - No. 46: Adam varcoe

Easily the most exciting of our rookie prospects is young Varcoe. He will be given atleast 2 years to develop his slight frame at VFL level. 09 will be learning curve for Varcoe. Expectations will be low for him as he overcomes his knee injury. We will see Varcoe improve a lot more in the second half of 2009.

Saw young Adam reasonably close up last night at Melbourne airport. Not surprisingly looks like any young kid, but his legs are really skinny (he has no calves - he'll be sure not to hang around Joshua, he might get a complex!)

Also seem to walk with a bit of a limp, not sure if that's just the way he walks or whether the knee injury is still healing...

He was decked out in his Geelong gear (brand new number 46 bag and cats hat), was good to see him obviously pretty chuffed to be a footy player.

Why did I notice all this - not much to do when waiting in a Jetstar queue...

Congrats Adam on your first VFL match after your knee injury.

I thought he fitted in really well considering that he has spent 12 months away from the game. I would imagine the coaches would be really happy with his second and third efforts today. Showed some speed, but I'd imagine that will increase as he gets more confidence in his knee.

Really promising start by Varcoe. Really hope he shines and gets promoted soon :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back