ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Eagles are back Monday 2.00pm at Claremont oval.

So Guys and Girls who is heading down to watch training ?

I will definately be there what about the regulars like Mop and BS ?

Speaking from a distance: It would depend on who can recover within the time frame available.

A source tells me that there won't be much skills or ball work, just running and that... but don't let that stop whoever wants to go... :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like not many people can make it.

If it wasnt for Mitchzz saying it was just running I probably would have given it a shot and gone down.

Not a fan of running :p

yep, I'm packing my bags and leaving Holland right now......... you Achterlijke.
(dutch word to describe you)
Just piss off. Mop has put in hours of time to doing writeups and watching training, and this is the thanks and respect he gets?
People like you who can't get there are the ones most benefited, so how about shutting the f*** up?

Trying to get the wife to take the boys there and maybe get some signatures on their new jumpers.

Oh, and for Jako I will try to get them to get Naita pictures. For myself, of course, there better be some Notte pictures..........

Trying to get the wife to take the boys there and maybe get some signatures on their new jumpers.

Oh, and for Jako I will try to get them to get Naita pictures. For myself, of course, there better be some Notte pictures..........

that'd be sweet if possible, great to have Nat and Notte together too, success seems to follow them:D

Monday Training

Took a quick walk down to claremont oval this morning to have a bit of a look around. Won't be able to tell you too much because i only stayed for about half an hour or so and also didnt take any notes or anything like that. So i will only go off what i can remember and what i could see without binos etc and looking straight into the sun.

Arrived to about 10 of the players doing 200m sprints from post to post. Looked to be the surgery recovery group and some of the younger players trying to get more conditioning into their legs. Kerr and Bones were in that group and seemed to be running well. Leading their respective groups. Also Hansen seemed to be moving freely and was keeping up with the midfielder types in Swift and McGinnity. They were just finishing up when i arrived and all looked to be absolutely spent. I would say they had been doing these for about 30 minutes or so, similar to what staker has been doing at recent training sessions.

Then these guys had a quick kick to kick whilst the another group of players started to arrive. The main absentees at this stage were the rucks and the defensive group. The running group which consisted mainly of the forwards and mids then moved into a full length ball drill which consisted of kicking to space with pressure being applied by some of the bigger bodied players. The skills were really on show at this stage with Masten's kicking a real standout. Managed to hit the target lace out every time i say him kick, whilst running and near to full speed. Another two players who stood out with their work rate were jmac and scooter. These two were really pushing hard and making a good effort to back up any loose kicks and looked really keen to impress the coaches. Kerr seems to have recovered fairly well from any knee problems and was changing direction well and barking orders here and there to the younger players. Seemed to show a bit of leadership during the drill. Bones seemed to be a bit rusty with his kicking skills and lacked penetration on his kicking. Perhaps he is lacking a bit of strength in the legs at this stage of the pre season compared to the others. Interesting to note that Swift was the only draftee who took part in the main skills session. Could be an indication of his preperation levels or could spell an increased participation in the pre season comp or the main season. Butler also ran hard and his good skills were on show.

A group remained off to the side and noticable inclusions in those groups were Ash Smith, Shuey, Ebert, Wirra and Rosa. Rosa did minimal work and left the training session as i was leaving. The younger players were off to the side and were doin g reactionary drills with bounce nets and quick hands. Its obviously part of their reduced workload. Wirra seemed to be moving freely and must be a reduced workload because of his veteran status.

As i was leaving the ruck group of Cox, Seaby Sullivan and Natanui were arriving as well as the defensive group of Glass, Mackenzie, Hunter, Wilkes, and Davis arrived. Seaby really seems to have put on some serious muscle over the pre season and is looking fairly fit. Must be working hard and realises this season is do or die. They all arrived about 30 minutes after the main session started and must have a different program to the running mids and forwards.

And for those Brown lovers out there yes he was looking Huge and Fit and should be primed for a good season. Considering he was training with the forwards and didnt arrive with the mids that must be another indication of where he is at in the team structure at this stage.

Also for those of you wondering about Notte. He seems to have put on maybe 3-4 kilos at least. Probably getting close to about 40kg at the moment! Just another 50kg or so needed to get to his playing weight. But seriously seems to have bulked up a bit especially in the shoulder and on the calfs. Chest definently still needs some work but its good sign that he is actually able to put on some muscle. If he does then he should be a good prospect.

Hope this satisfies some people's curiosity. As i said its off the top of my head and its what i could see. Wouldnt know about all the players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back