Adelaide Crows Vs Indigenous All-Stars WILL be broadcasted nationally

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fantastic news, I just got another email from the AFLNT contact I emailed a week ago. Seems the decision not to broadcast nationally has been changed!

Good news for you Michael.

The Indigenous All Stars v Adelaide Crows match will be telecast nationally on ABC1 from 11:20pm Saturday 7th February.

Kind regards,
Gaye

In the email she sent me was forwarded the email sent to her by a Monica Luethen from the ABC:

Good News. The Indigenous All Stars v Adelaide Crows match will be telecast nationally on ABC1 from 11:20pm Saturday 7th February.

Regards,
Monica

Hopefully Monica is correct in her statement!

Champ cmndstab

Power of BigFooty

Thanks to everyone who sent through their complaints too!

That means it's a double header. Collingwood Coast game, then Crows All Stars!

Well done guys.

Pity it isnt live, but still a great result.

Should we start with the emails for televising the state leagues now?

If we did, we would have to thank them for showing the Indigenous game, and make sure that we get all those people with the devices that measure tv audiences to watch the match.

Well done guys.

Pity it isnt live, but still a great result.

Should we start with the emails for televising the state leagues now?

If we did, we would have to thank them for showing the Indigenous game, and make sure that we get all those people with the devices that measure tv audiences to watch the match.

At this stage I'm just counting my blessings :p But feel free to take up the fight!

I'm just hoping that they actually did change their mind here (they never directly acknowledged it, though I guess they never would), and it's not just that they asked someone who didn't know for certain and gave us the wrong information. But surely that wouldn't happen :eek:

I reckon I'll keep an eye on the onlinve ABC TV Guide and if I don't see it showing up on there in a week's time I might ask them again just to be certain.

At this stage I'm just counting my blessings :p But feel free to take up the fight!

I'm just hoping that they actually did change their mind here (they never directly acknowledged it, though I guess they never would), and it's not just that they asked someone who didn't know for certain and gave us the wrong information. But surely that wouldn't happen :eek:

I reckon I'll keep an eye on the onlinve ABC TV Guide and if I don't see it showing up on there in a week's time I might ask them again just to be certain.

Probably best to ring them up then, if it the guide doesnt get changed.

Im writing a short letter to news.com.au telling them about how bigfooty got the indigenous game shown nationally, but that we are still fighting to get the state league games shown. There is a submit news section on their website. Hopefully they put one of those 4 sentence articles in tomorrows news limited papers. I may also write a letter to the editor to several newspapers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic news, I just got another email from the AFLNT contact I emailed a week ago. Seems the decision not to broadcast nationally has been changed!

Good news for you Michael.

The Indigenous All Stars v Adelaide Crows match will be telecast nationally on ABC1 from 11:20pm Saturday 7th February.

Kind regards,
Gaye

In the email she sent me was forwarded the email sent to her by a Monica Luethen from the ABC:

Good News. The Indigenous All Stars v Adelaide Crows match will be telecast nationally on ABC1 from 11:20pm Saturday 7th February.

Regards,
Monica

Hopefully Monica is correct in her statement!

Great thats fcukin awesome ! :thumbsu:

My 2009 AFL season officially begins for me on this date, now if only a few people play that I want that would be the icing on the cake.

Really want Danger and Texas to play in this game (the full game)!

This is a trivial game, so it would be great to blood some youngsters.

I assume the ground is at least of SANFL standard !! :confused:

I sent an email asking about the fact that it was not listed on the online TV Guide to poor Gaye, who doesn't actually work at the ABC so has been very good to get back to me.

I think it has only been just decided as it was not going to be the case originally.

Kind regards,
Gaye

So I guess that's a confirmation that it's been changed! :) Hopefully the TV Guide will be updated to reflect the change soon!

I sent an email asking about the fact that it was not listed on the online TV Guide to poor Gaye, who doesn't actually work at the ABC so has been very good to get back to me.

I think it has only been just decided as it was not going to be the case originally.

Kind regards,
Gaye

So I guess that's a confirmation that it's been changed! :) Hopefully the TV Guide will be updated to reflect the change soon!

Will sleep easier knowing it's in the guide

People Power Works!!!:D

Great result and at least the ABC are willing to change their programming as I doubt a commercial station would risk losing their precious late night ratings.

Can't wait now for this match.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Confirmed:

Indigenous game televised

2:20 PM Fri 23 January, 2009

Crows supporters will now be given the chance to watch the clash with the Indigenous All Stars with ABC1 providing a national broadcast of the match.

South Australian viewers will be able to watch a delayed telecast from 11.20pm on Saturday February 7.

General Manager of Commercial Operations Phil Harper said, "While we are disappointed with the time of the telecast the club is glad that our members and supporters have the opportunity to watch the team play in their first match for 2009."

"The club will continue lobbying for a more suitable time slot in what will be a fantastic spectacle."

http://www.afc.com.au/tabid/4417/Default.aspx?newsid=71457

Remove this Banner Ad

Back