2009 BigFooty Club Championships - Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

We support the best club in the land, with the most intelligent football supporters in the land. Here's our chance to prove it.

GreaT SourcE and myself, with the support of the mods, will be organising the Essendon representatives into as many leagues as we can create, which will include picking 16 lucky participants who will make up our representative team in the BigFooty Club Championships. Prizes are yet to be determined, but will probably include a contribution to a player sponsorship on the 16 participants' behalf from BigFooty, and bragging rights for an entire year.

As there are significant prizes involved, we want to do as well as we possibly can. That will mean we want all 16 members to contribute throughout the season, to ensure a high finish from our league.

We're calling for nominations and discussion in this thread. There's no first in best dressed rule: GS, myself, and the mods if they want, will pick our 16 players. However, we still want everyone involved, so we will have lower divisions, so that we can have a truly elite league in 2010.

If you aren't interested in the top division, but still want to have some fun with your fellow posters, simply say so when nominating, and we'll put you in another division consisting entirely of BigFooty Bomber fans.

However, if you are interested in the top league, and everything that comes with it, tell us why. When nominating, tell us what would make you an important part of our league. The NAB cup starts Saturday week for Collingwood and West Coast, and the following weekend for the rest of us, so we'd like to have our top division sorted by just before then. Therefore, nominations for the top division will close on Tuesday, February 11, and we'll announce the 16 before the Essendon - Bulldogs game on the 13th.

Nominations for other leagues will be open until shortly before lockout for round 1.

Good luck, and may we win.

The following is a list of people who are interested.

Division 1:
1. anf06 - No Mans Land
2. Ben the Gooner - Gooner XVIII
3. Dunn - Well Done - RAW TALENT
4. eth-dog - eth-dogs army
5. FandangoDingo - The Mulligans
6. GreaT SourcE - All Stars Alert !!
7. GuzzLG - FC Guzz 1986
8. Hirdy_5 - Lock n Loaded
9. Bachar Houli - Bachar Houli
10. Jonesy1987 - JonesysTeamofDream
11. Merv - Mervs Maulers
12. Ryder Is God - delicious applepie
13. sausageroll - Jarman Magic
14. Skeeta Olly - Chateau Verdaflore
15. SpeedMeades - SpeedMeades
16. Walesy - BounceKickPunch

DT1-1.jpg

Division 2 (15 joined):
17. Ziltoid - The Outsiders
18. XIsDonIsGoodX - Fighty Mucks
19. Bomberchris - Polish Penetrators
20. tristo - The Razors Edge
21. daffo - Dafs team
22. big_slick - The Slicks

23. ppops1984 - ppops
24. stay true - BT's Bristles
25. un_eggs - strangels
26. fishguts - bomberboyz
27. loopy_cam - loopy's legends
28. warney7 - Warney's Warriors
29. TimeIsRunningOut - Cellar Dwellers
30. bomba4eva - Elite Bomba
31. IsDonIsGoodes - IsDonIsGood
32. bomberandy - Scottish Chiefs
Div2screenshot.jpg

Division 3:
33. Windas Magic - Windas_Magic
34. bombre-boy - Chuk Wah
35. ant555 - NonPossessionTime
36. Kaiser Powser - PM sent
37. IriDiuM - It's REIMER Time
38. yaco55 - wanchai bombers
39. mick4 - Michael Henry
40. stugots - PM sent
41. shefx - wingbats
42. Frazenoast - PM sent
43. BomberFan_23 - PM sent
44. bomber-crow
45. munckz - email sent
46. Dimitri_Mishkin
47. Mighty_bombers - Damions Alstars
48. BomberComfort - PM Sent
bfdiv3.jpg

Divisions 2 and 3 are based solely on the order of signing up, and not on skill level at all. However, your scores will be considered for 2010.

I participated in 6 leagues last year in DT and SC combined.

DT: Participated in 3 leagues - Made 2 Grand Finals won one and lost the other and made Finals in another.

SC: Participated in 3 leagues - Made 2 Grand Finals lost both and Prelim Final in another.

I'd like to participate in the other leagues (2nd Div?) of DT. Just too see how i go. I ended up coming 800-ish in DT last year and won the league with mates (Undefeated the whole season), but would like to try my arm at a lower div before perhaps having a crack at the top div. Though i'm not against have a go at the top level haha.

would like to represent essendon and get us to the top.
have a decent knowledge of dt and would like to pit myself against some good dream teamers as i always seem to get stuck in dud leagues.
finished 110th last year, hoping to improve on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind having a shot at it. I wouldn't say I've had the most luck with DT, but i wouldn't mind taking the 2nd division.

I had a killer forward line, but the midfielder suffered injuries...lesson learnt.

ill be in it if i can , looking to have a big year this season , been really looking at players for dt all summer hope all the hard work pays off ,had a poor season last year finished 10,000 last year so hopefully i can crack in to the top 1,000

The following is a list of people who are interested. The top 16 aren't necessarily the 16 in the top division.

1. Ben the Gooner
2. GreaT SourcE
3. Ryder Is God
4. DonMania#5
5. Merv
6. eth-dog
7. Jonesy1987
8. Ziltoid
9. abers47*
10. Hirdy_5
11. jd smurf
12. Skeeta Olly

Looks like a nice list already built up, and that's just one days worth of posters. Cheers for putting my name down btw. :thumbsu:

FandangoDingo & theone5 are also top DT'ers, they know their DT, and I'll let them know of this comp via PM and see what's happening there. We want as many talented DT'ers as possible, which you summed up beautifully in the first post.

FandangoDingo & theone5

Have PM'ed them two plus sausageroll who is currently part of the EDT group. If we could get two of them at least I'd be pleased with that, as we'd have a really good crack at the overall prize.

Have PM'ed them two plus sausageroll who is currently part of the EDT group. If we could get two of them at least I'd be pleased with that, as we'd have a really good crack at the overall prize.

Should add Walesy to that list, very solid poster and knows his stuff, also part of the No Passengers group.

Should add Walesy to that list, very solid poster and knows his stuff, also part of the No Passengers group.

Indeed, Walesy's also a talented DT'er. Might drop him a PM now as well.

The No Passanger's group isn't actually based on rankings and knowledge, in some forms it is but it's only based on posting IMO. The more people give away with regards to their preferences with players and structures, the more they are respected on that board. That's why you don't see me in the group, I admit that I don't always share my true opinion/s in some cases, and I'm not planning to change that posting pattern anytime soon. Anyway, that's another story for another day...

I'll PM Walesy. :thumbsu:

Indeed, Walesy's also a talented DT'er. Might drop him a PM now as well.

The No Passanger's group isn't actually based on rankings and knowledge, in some forms it is but it's only based on posting IMO. The more people give away with regards to their preferences with players and structures, the more they are respected on that board. That's why you don't see me in the group, I admit that I don't always share my true opinion/s in some cases, and I'm not planning to change that posting pattern anytime soon. Anyway, that's another story for another day...

I'll PM Walesy. :thumbsu:

Yes you are correct, NP isn't based on rankings at all, but knowledge is a huge part of it, and what we get out we try to put back in to the main board. Posting player preferences and stuff inst what we try to do, instead what we try to do is tell you what you should be looking for and looking into when making a decision rather than spoon feeding answers.

Anyway it looks like we will have a fair few solid DT'ers in our leagues for 09' :thumbsu::thumbsu:.

Posting player preferences and stuff inst what we try to do..

I know that. But to get into the group, you have to give a heap to the board in opinions and secrets and it's something that will never enter my mind, doing extra research to get ahead only by giving it all away is pointless in my eyes. I watched you give-away a heap of your research last year, and I'm not so sure how that benefited you in anyway.

Anyway, back to the league here. Hopefully we can get a few more highly skilled DT'ers to join, as ATM I can see us being contenders. :thumbsu:

I know that. But to get into the group, you have to give a heap to the board in opinions and secrets and it's something that will never enter my mind, doing extra research to get ahead only by giving it all away is pointless in my eyes. I watched you give-away a heap of your research last year, and I'm not so sure how that benefited you in anyway.

Anyway, back to the league here. Hopefully we can get a few more highly skilled DT'ers to join, as ATM I can see us being contenders. :thumbsu:

Hmm, i don't think you understood what i was trying to say, What we do is we don't give away secrets and our player preferences, we discuss strategies team structures correlations between players etc, we don't post our smokies or what not. Also i don't quite understand what your trying to say there, in regard to me giving away my research ?

Hmm, i don't think you understood what i was trying to say, What we do is we don't give away secrets and our player preferences..

Also i don't quite understand what your trying to say there, in regard to me giving away my research ?

I completely understand what you're trying to say.

You don't give away secrets and the like. I agree, but to get into the NP group they're the types of things you have to do. Give away your findings to the public and give player preferences.

You were a great example of that last year, gave away most of your findings and as people would gladly do, they tucked you under their wing and took you for a joy ride and sucked information & opinions out of you. That's what I don't want happening to myself, and I won't put myself in that situation.

I completely understand what you're trying to say.

You don't give away secrets and the like. I agree, but to get into the NP group they're the types of things you have to do. Give away your findings to the public and give player preferences.

You were a great example of that last year, gave away most of your findings and as people would gladly do, they tucked you under their wing and took you for a joy ride and sucked information & opinions out of you. That's what I don't want happening to myself, and I won't put myself in that situation.

See that's the thing, you don't get into the No Passenger group by doing that. Giving player preferences and what not wont get you into NP. It is all about the quality of posting and not spoon feeding poster answers, rather push them in the right direction to do some research and then come up with their own opinion to make whatever decision it may be that they won't to make.

I don't think that last season i did this, and people would be really idiotic if they were to just take one posters answer and then implement it into their team, this would get you know were as you are not thinking for yourself or thinking about what you are doing. You should take each post on their merit but in the end do what you think is the right decision.

See that's the thing, you don't get into the No Passenger group by doing that.

You should take each post on their merit but in the end do what you think is the right decision.

I think we can agree to disagree with the above point. I'm not saying that to try and put you down in anyway, rather just my thoughts since you asked for more of an explanation earlier. And that's why I said earlier we should leave this topic alone in this thread...

I don't read into much, if anything, on the DT Board. I never have, and don't plan to. I have my opinions, and I confidence in them opinions.

Look I could have a good conversation with you for another half an hour, but I just can't. We're getting no-where and I'd rather spend my time relaxing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back