Selection Night Transcript - NAB - Port v Syd

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Burton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Mark Williams: Well its ahh………………..great to be back around the table to um………..select the ahh……………..team to play Sydney. I would like to um…………welcome for the first time Dom as ah………the new captain of the club and would like to um……….mention that he has my total support and would like to um………ah……………make sure its clear that it was 6 months ago when I um…………..wanted Shaun for a captain but ah………fully support the process that um……………..ended up in Dom being made captain. I would also um………..say that um…………..I want to be the coach this year and in the years following and ah…………I’ve had a lot of final years of my contract.

Peter Rohde: Choco!!, ….relax, its not a media interview here, no-one is questioning your commitment.

Mark Williams: Sorry, it’s been a long pre-season. So um………….. welcome Dom.

Domenic Cassisi: Grazie Don Choco, grazie.

Mark Williams: Cut the Don Choco crap Dom.

Domenic Cassisi: Sorry mate.

Mark Williams: Ok um……………we have every player available except ah……..Shaun, Sal, Rodan, Pettigrew and Trengove.

Adam Kingsley: Sorry Choco but Toby is not available.

Mark Williams: WHAT!!!!!!!!!! ……………….WHY!!!!!!!

Adam Kingsley: He sustained a few broken nails while playing in the Cricket Bash.

Mark Williams: You’re kiddin me Adam, you’re kiddin me?

Adam Kingsley: Yeah, nah just messin with you Choco.

Mark Williams: Well um……………don’t do that to me again,

Domenic Cassisi: With all due respects to Toby, I would not have thought his non availability would be a major loss

*****************awkward silence****************

Mark Williams: Well um………ah…………..you have a lot to learn Dom and we will look forward to that.

Domenic Cassisi: Are we sure that Shaun and Sal cannot be played; I would really like the best possible chance to get a win over Sydney.

Tony McGuiness: No Dom, we can’t rithk it, I’ths a thame that Thawn and Thal are not available but with Thydney under thtrength, we thould be OK.

Domenic Cassisi: Can we tune Tony in; I can’t understand a word he is saying.

Mark Williams: Don’t worry Dom; you will get use to it.

Tony McGuiness: What’th the problem, why cant you underthtand what I’m thaying. I thpeak the Queenth Englith.

Domenic Cassisi: Choco is right; I will get use to it. Don’t worry about it Tony. Let’s just concentrate on getting the team right so we can get a win. Winning games is all that matters.

Tony McGuiness: No, I want to know what the problem ith Dom.

Domenic Cassisi: OK Tony, say Cassisi

Tony McGuiness: Cathithi

Domenic Cassisi: No, Cassisi

Tony McGuiness: Cathithi

Domenic Cassisi: No, youre saying Caffifi, its Cassisi.

Tony McGuiness: Ca..ssi..si

Domenic Cassisi: That’s good, Cassisi

Tony McGuiness: Ca..ssi..si, Ca.ssi.si, Cassisi

Domenic Cassisi: Exellent, Cassisi

Tony McGuiness: (whispering to himself – Ca..ssi..si, Ca.ssi.si, Cassisi…Cathithi)

Peter Rohde: OK, let’s get on with picking the team

I was expecting something about this being the time of year to play young up-and-coming players, and thats why Thurstans is in the side.

Domenic Cassisi: With all due respects to Toby, I would not have thought his non availability would be a major loss

*****************awkward silence****************

Mark Williams: Well um………ah…………..you have a lot to learn Dom and we will look forward to that.

:D

Can just imagine Matty and Kinger looking at each other out of the corner of their eyes after Doms line with a 'oh ****' look on their face...and Choco slowly turning beetroot red.

Good stuff again ETW - the best yet due to the subtlety.

You've had a good pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back