2009 Brisbane Lions Membership Open Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, everyone. Been given the go ahead to let you know about this AWESOME event!

If you want to check out the view from any seat at the Gabba; or take a tour of the Lions facilities including the locker rooms, briefing rooms and gyms (see which player currently holds which record!); get player signatures on your favourite footy item, have your kids do an AFL footy clinic with the Lions players on the Gabba field or even just to pick up the 2009 Members' cap - HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!

WHAT: 2009 BRISBANE LIONS MEMBERSHIP OPEN DAY
WHEN: 10am - 12 noon, Saturday 14 March 2009
WHERE: The Gabba, Gate 2 stadium concourse / southern end field area / public parkland on Stanley Street, Woolloongabba.

PARKING: Plenty of free public parking available in two Stanley Street open-air carparks - one entrance off Stanley Street, second entrance off Trafalgar Street.

NB: Lions players will have post-match recovery session that morning from 9:30am - 10:30am (TBC - earlier?) following the previous Friday night's match v Richmond @ Gold Coast Stadium, Carrara.
PROPOSED LIONS ACTIVITIES:
- Tour of the Lions facilities: the locker room, half-time briefing room, warm-up room, gyms, medical rooms, media room, players breakout room & players race - tours by Lions players & staff (every 15 mins?)- Puma junior boot fitting & sales with Simon Black and other Lions players.
- AFL Footy Clinic on the Gabba field with Lions players.
- Player autographs & photos.
- Hero Mail booth for fans to send support messages to their favourite players.
- Gabba corporate facilities (around Gate 2) open for hosted inspections, enquiries & sales.
- Lions Membership marquee for enquiries, sales & 2009 members cap collections.
- FOR SALE slips on available Gabba seats containing Section/Row/Seat Number details for prospective members to try the actual seat to approve their view of the field - then bring the FOR SALE slip to Match Office 2 to purchase that seat for the season - can walk away with their entire membership pack except for their membership card which will be sent in the mail later.
- LUCKY SEAT PRIZE: Every FOR SALE slip is linked to a lucky seat prize
if that seat is purchased ranging from Lions scarves to Lions guernseys & memorabilia.
NB: For seasonal membership sales only - 3-game membership sales to be handled directly by membership staff as these memberships already assigned to a pre-determined prime seating area.
- Gate 2 Lions Shop open with 'one day only' sales specials.
- Ticketek booth open for Round One: Lions v West Coast @ The Gabba - 6:10pm, Saturday 28 March 2009 match-day ticket sales
before they go on sale to the public!
- Lions roving MC with player interviews, trivia quiz questions for prizes, giveaways etc.
- Kids Zone with free jumping castle, face painting, balloons, wrist beads in team colours.
- Free Lions showbags for the kids.
- Lions mascot Bernie 'Gabba' Vegas with his Bernie Van (official club song & membership radio adverts audio) & for mascot races.
- Free sausage sizzle (MOBC / Lenard's - free food?)
- Free Four 'N Twenty pies and sausage rolls food support?
- Drinks $2 (Coca Cola - new club sponsors support - free drinks?)
- Big screen scoreboard available for club sponsor & partner / membership / corporate sales messages.
- Music: Stadium / Gate 2 parklands ground audio - Triple M supplied? Live music?

SO MARK THE DATE IN YOUR DIARY AND LOOK OUT ON THE WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS lions.com.au

Not sure if this has been raised in separate thread, but did anyone go to this today? I couldn't get there.

Any reports/feedback as to how it all went down in terms of success/failure as a promo event?

Does the gabba pitch still look like a sandtrap in spots? Am interested in a pitch report...

Not sure if this has been raised in separate thread, but did anyone go to this today? I couldn't get there.

Any reports/feedback as to how it all went down in terms of success/failure as a promo event?

Does the gabba pitch still look like a sandtrap in spots? Am interested in a pitch report...

The ground seemed very green to me - didn't see any patches.

I thought there would be more activities for the kids - there were 3 hand balling units set up - I thought they would have had more soemthing similar to the 'After the game' sort of activities going.

Had to line up for 45 mins in the rain for the tour in a very packed crowed (and I was one of the luckier ones) but in saying that - the staff tried to get us in as quick as possible and once in the tour was fantastic!

yeah I'm not sure they were prepared for the number of people that were there. It was awefully crowded and the rain didn't really help. The ground looks in good condition although I am worried that the roof still isn't fixed given that's where my seats are.

All the boys were out and about so that was a good thing for those who weren't lining up for the tour.
Looked like a decent line at the membership window the whole time I was there also.

Got my members hat and a cheap jumper, so it was a nice morning...

yeah I'm not sure they were prepared for the number of people that were there. It was awefully crowded and the rain didn't really help. The ground looks in good condition although I am worried that the roof still isn't fixed given that's where my seats are.

True that, noticed at the cricket the roof hadn't been fixed.

joshhem, what section does that correspond to?

was a really good day. myself and my better half went, and like stitchface, we lined up for about 45minutes in the rain to get into the tour, but it was worth it. They had many of the players in the different rooms and it was great to see everything. i thought the day was well done considering it was the first of its kind, and there was a very good turn out. i also noticed the membership information line always had people in it, which is a great sign.

They did have more things planned for the kids to do out on the field, but these were canceled due to the rain, but still a great day.

As stitchface pointed out, i dont think they realised they would get such a good turn out. they never would have got everyone through the tours at the rate they started, after about 30 minutes they picked up the pace.

http://i40.tinypic.com/of4me9.jpg - Sorry CtD, don't think I am able to resize. Think you have to do it yourself. Link is here for anyone who wants to look at the photo or resize it for CtD. POBT.

They should have spread out the tables etc it was very cramped where you had to pick up your hat.

The numbers where good but i think it looked more then what it was because it was all cramped in.

The ground looked OK but dont think i would like to land on some parts of it.

Was told that the roof wont be fixed until mid year at the earliest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unofrtunately thats my section :mad:

From CTD's picture, it looks like a lot of people's sections :p

C'mon Bligh & Springborg - less than 7 days to go and no-one trying to buy votes with this issue yet! Forget doing up carrara - the gabba needs fixing. And less parking ticket officers on game days dammit, I'm sick of getting $40 flyers on my windshield on game days ... :thumbsdown: No-parking unless signed otherwise my backside. :p

From CTD's picture, it looks like a lot of people's sections :p

C'mon Bligh & Springborg - less than 7 days to go and no-one trying to buy votes with this issue yet! Forget doing up carrara - the gabba needs fixing. And less parking ticket officers on game days dammit, I'm sick of getting $40 flyers on my windshield on game days ... :thumbsdown: No-parking unless signed otherwise my backside. :p

It is a big picture, and a big piece of roof missing:p:eek:

I need a lesson in the interweb thingy.

That's ok - just more clean up work for the mods. Clean up in ailse 3 Grim - mop and bucket required! :D

Sorry Mods.:eek:

Must admit, I was surprised I got any photo on there, then bang, I was surprised at the size.:D

The absence of the roof will only be an issue if it rains during the game as we don't have any day games. Apparently parts of the roof they are getting from overseas (Germany to be exact), that's why it's going to take so long. So we practically will be without that section of the roof for the season.

The absence of the roof will only be an issue if it rains during the game as we don't have any day games.

If you have ever been on the cricket board you will now it rains every day of the year here in Brisbane.

If you have ever been on the cricket board you will now it rains every day of the year here in Brisbane.

Glad we are not playing tonight.

Plenty of wet heads would have been had.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back