Official Match Thread Round 7 MOTR: Baghdad Bombers v West Coast Wonders @ Abdu Prison

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
baghdadbombers.png
v
westcoastwonders.png

Ladder Positions

Code:
2 West Coast Wonders     6    5    1    0    603    493    122.3   20
5 Baghdad Bombers        6    2    4    0    522    573    91.1    8
Last Week's Results

Baghdad Bombers 17.10.112 defeated East Side Hawks 12.7.79 by 33 points
West Coast Wonders 21.11.147 defeated Southern Dragons 11.6.72 by 55 points

Last 3 Matches

Bombers: W L W
Wonders: L W W

Player to Watch

Wonders: Kerrby
Bombers: Hawk Patrol

Stories of the Match

- Doggiesin08 and Hawk Patrol playing against their old side
- Return of the always controversial Kerrby
- The Bombers trying to put space between them and the chasing pack in the fight for 5th position
- A possible shootout between two attacking orientated teams

Teams to be in by Friday 9pm EST.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Think you've got your order wrong for the Wonders last matches. I thought furthest to right would be most recent.

Should be a shoot-out. We haven't been overly high scoring so far this year but with Loopy and HP straightening us up we'll be very effective going Inside 50.

hendo8888

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide 36ers
Keep our top spot chances alive with another big win here.
Adding Kerrby back to our already dominant team will make us even more powerful.
Good to get MOTR again, but it will prove to be a 1-sided affair and be all but over at half time.

loopy_cam

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 11, 2007
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Think you've got your order wrong for the Wonders last matches. I thought furthest to right would be most recent.

Should be a shoot-out. We haven't been overly high scoring so far this year but with Loopy and HP straightening us up we'll be very effective going Inside 50.

Yep, our revamped forward line will definitely get us over the line.

Though I am worried about Kerrbs since he's the best the Wonders have got. Might need a hard tag.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Yep, our revamped forward line will definitely get us over the line.

Though I am worried about Kerrbs since he's the best the Wonders have got. Might need a hard tag.
perhaps GS is the man, did the job in the Granny last year. I'd like to see Sausageroll and Rick18 go head to head.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Ah indeed I have. All fixed.

I'm sorry. Who?

All SFA last season.
So far this season you average about 3 possies more per game but he kicks it 62% of the time compared to you at 48% so he's clearly the more damaging player, doesn't worry about racking up cheap '1-2' stats.

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All SFA last season.
So far this season you average about 3 possies more per game but he kicks it 62% of the time compared to you at 48% so he's clearly the more damaging player, doesn't worry about racking up cheap '1-2' stats.

Who said handballs aren't damaging?

By the way, it doesn't matter if he kicks the ball more against anyone else, because when he comes up against me, he will get tackled before he gets a clean possession away.

Fact.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Who said handballs aren't damaging?

By the way, it doesn't matter if he kicks the ball more against anyone else, because when he comes up against me, he will get tackled before he gets a clean possession away.

Fact.
meh, I read through your game, it's filled with ineffective short kick turnovers and coughing up handballs. Your handball receive numbers are high, however, I think we might just let you get the ball with the above being true.

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
SR also kicks 2 goals + per game.

Sausageroll > Rick.

Bzzt. Wrong. (on both counts)

9 goals in 6 matches does not equal 2+ a match.

For someone who likes to have a go at people for not calculating percentages, you might want to brush up on your own basic maths skills.

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
meh, I read through your game, it's filled with ineffective short kick turnovers and coughing up handballs. Your handball receive numbers are high, however, I think we might just let you get the ball with the above being true.

So you're willing to concede a draw? Risky business considering we've got the form ruckman of the competition and a better FF than the opposite number.

Of course then you have the rest of our A-grade midfield to contend with as well...

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
So you're willing to concede a draw? Risky business
No, we'll just let you cough it up to SR

we've got the form ruckman of the competition
Point taken, Efl on the improve though

a better FF than the opposite number.
Bad call! Hawk Patrol is the number #1 FF in the SFA at the moment. Croweater has been down compared to late last year.

Of course then you have the rest of our A-grade midfield to contend with as well
Who? You and Kerrbs? All your 'S''s are overrated hacks and lets be honest, Mop really was just the 3rd piece to the HP/Boncer trade, he's failed to produce so far (bar that awsome 5 goal game IIRC:D).

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bad call! Hawk Patrol is the number #1 FF in the SFA at the moment. Croweater has been down compared to late last year.

Who? You and Kerrbs? All your 'S''s are overrated hacks and lets be honest, Mop really was just the 3rd piece to the HP/Boncer trade, he's failed to produce so far (bar that awsome 5 goal game IIRC:D).

So I cough it up to SR, then I tackle him. Round and round we go :p

Fair point on HP, but CE is extremely important to our structure. If he's involved in the play - whether that's kicking goals or otherwise - we'll win.

We're 4-1 without Kerrby so I think we're doing alright without him. Do remember that I'm playing Scotty off the bench and I do believe Shallow kept HP touchless in an outing last season, so there's versatility there if I need it. Snag is averaging almost 20 touches a game through the centre, so how that's overrated I have no idea.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
So I cough it up to SR, then I tackle him. Round and round we go :p

Fair point on HP, but CE is extremely important to our structure. If he's involved in the play - whether that's kicking goals or otherwise - we'll win.

We're 4-1 without Kerrby so I think we're doing alright without him. Do remember that I'm playing Scotty off the bench and I do believe Shallow kept HP touchless in an outing last season, so there's versatility there if I need it. Snag is averaging almost 20 touches a game through the centre, so how that's overrated I have no idea.
we've got ant and mav off the bench too.
and seriously stop using irrefutable statistics to beat me, it ruins the argument.

Back