Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool fc
Paul Roos has apparently had enough and suggested that if Barry Hall wants to retire immedietly he will not try to stop him.

Retirement was not even brought up by the reporters and came straight from Roos. He has suggested that now might be a good time to pursue his boxing career. When the Swans called the press conference it was thought that Roos was going to defend Hall by praising his game but it went the total opposite direction. He was quite scathing.

The word coming out of Sydney is that we have perhaps seen the last game from Barry Hall.

Not a good way to go out if it is the case.

Here ya go...

hp-sauce060510.jpg

Roos must be frustrated that hall just does not stop with his stupid decision making and worse thast there seems no way to actually stop or even curtail Hall from belting people.
With the potential problems for the swans now and in years to come, older players retitiring etc, it would be in the best inerests perhaps for both parties if hall took his uncontrollable temper and buggered off and the swannies could play a young bloke or two in his place.

If he retires, which i suspect he will, i hope he is remembered for his footballing abilities. Absolute gun at his best and basically unstoppable.

Unfortunately i think there are going to be a lot of people that remember him as a nut job which is a little unfair. There wasn't much in his latest indiscretion and lets be honest, if it was any other player we would be saying he would be unlucky if he gets weeks for it.

If he retires, which i suspect he will, i hope he is remembered for his footballing abilities. Absolute gun at his best and basically unstoppable.

Unfortunately i think there are going to be a lot of people that remember him as a nut job which is a little unfair. There wasn't much in his latest indiscretion and lets be honest, if it was any other player we would be saying he would be unlucky if he gets weeks for it.
I doubt it, he was only a gun from 2004-2006. He will be rememered for the Staker incident. He was a good player, an elite player during the period I mentioned, but his antics cost his reputation dearly. I'll remember his as the superstar during our successive GF appearences, but I can understand why others will remember him as a thug.

I doubt it, he was only a gun from 2004-2006. He will be rememered for the Staker incident. He was a good player, an elite player during the period I mentioned, but his antics cost his reputation dearly. I'll remember his as the superstar during our successive GF appearences, but I can understand why others will remember him as a thug.

He will certainly create mass interest if he does in fact change sports as we suspect he will. I have a feeling his phone would now be ringing non stop with aussie boxing promoters licking their lips, drooling at the thought of all the money to be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not consistently. He has had some great matches since, but he lost his consistent dominating form.

Groin injury in '07 made him struggle. His form in '08 and '09 has been excellent but his 'incidents' have overshadowed how well he's actually played. I laugh at people who say he's finished football-wise, it's so far off the mark.

Groin injury in 2007 made him struggle. His form in '08 and '09 has been excellent but his 'incidents' have overshadowed how well he's actually played. I laugh at people who say he's finished football-wise, it's so far off the mark.
Not excellent. It has been patchy, with a few good games and a few great games. With good delivery he is still capable of 50-60 goals.

A cheap media "beat up"????????:thumbsu:

OR

They told him don't you ever come around here
Don't wanna see your face, you better disappear
The fire's in their eyes and their words are really clear
So beat it, just beat it

You better run, you better do what you can
Don't wanna be a blood, don't be a macho man
You wanna be tough, better do what you can
So beat it, but you wanna be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it

They're out to get you, better leave while you can
Don't wanna be a boy, you wanna be a man
You wanna stay alive, better do what you can
So beat it, just beat it

You have to show them that you're really not scared
You're playin' with your life, this ain't no truth or dare
They'll kick you, then they beat you,
Then they'll tell you it's fair
So beat it, but you wanna be bad

Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos paves the way for Barry Hall's retirement

By Greg Buckle
June 29, 2009 Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos has suggested the AFL career of troubled forward Barry Hall could be over.
Hall was reported for striking Adelaide fullback Ben Rutten during Saturday's game against Adelaide.

The match review panel has yet to announce its findings from the weekend's matches, but Hall could be facing up to a four-match ban.

“I'm probably sick of standing here talking about it,'' Roos said.

“At some point, always the club is bigger than the individual.

“We're all frustrated. We're all disappointed and we all had hoped it would stop.

“But clearly, it hadn't.

“The first part of the process is obviously the tribunal so we'll let that take its course.

“His actions clearly don't display that he does want to play.

“So, that will be part of the discussion that we'll have with him.''

Hall last year served a seven-match ban for striking West Coast utility Brent Staker and also underwent anger management counselling during a club-imposed ban.

Whats with the balanced view, Aussie Gun?;)

Another victim of the media.

Poor way for a premiership captain to finish up if so.

I doubt he'll retire straight up, but may be like MOL, he will announce this to be his last year. God Help his opponent in round 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back