Who's the Best Tagger Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Lingy does a great job most weeks. However, his weakness is that he's not as fast, so he usually isn't as effective against nimble players such as Dane Swan. Still, Lingy's list of "players I have effectively shut down" is hard to look past IMO.

Kane Cornes. I rate his tagging skills a lot higher than everyone elses and he gets the ball a good lot as well. Special mentions to Ryan Crowley as he always makes Ablett his bitch.

^lol at people's use of the words 'by a fair margin', 'easily' etc on these forums

it's become a joke

In my opinion, Kornes and Ling are the two best taggers in the comp, and it's pretty hard to separate them. Their consistency over the years and scalps attained is amazing.

Kane Cornes when he actually tags and stops worrying about getting cheap possesions is a very good tagger as is Ling. Kirk is an underated tagger aswell.

Ling and Cornes are still the benchmarks. As soon as I think one is ahead of the other, they other one picks up their game. In any case, you wouldn't want either of these guys focussing on shutting you down.

I'm a fan of Crowley as well, I think he's a terrific tagger.

of the players you posted:
Ling
Cornes
Rawlings
Kirk
Welsh
Jones
Shirley
Crowley
Selwood
Jackson
Picken
McGlynn
Joseph
Lockyer(not a tagger, Ben Johnson is the pies one)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Special mentions to Ryan Crowley as he always makes Ablett his bitch.

Incorrect. Crowley kept him to 15 touches and a goal once. Second time around Ablett already had 13 touches on him in under a half of footy. He rolled his ankle before half time and missed the rest of the game. Was well on track for a 30 possession game.

This year, Crowley didn't play.

I'm not sure if Crowley tagged him in 2007, but if he did Ablett looks to have bested him looking at his stats (includes one 2 Brownlow vote game).

LMAO no melbourne player, maybe thats because they dont have a tagger or a decent one at that.

The best tagger at the moment would have to be ling. At their best i believe ling, cornes and welsh are all equal. yes i know im biased but you cant go past keeping judd to 20 possesions while getting 30 odd yourself in your second match back from a broken leg and dislocated ankle:D:thumbsu:!!

The best tagger at the moment would have to be ling. At their best i believe ling, cornes and welsh are all equal. yes i know im biased but you cant go past keeping judd to 20 possesions while getting 30 odd yourself in your second match back from a broken leg and dislocated ankle:D:thumbsu:!!
Thats one game ling and cornes do it week in week out for their teams... the difference between cornes and welsh or ling and welsh is consistency.

Ling & Cornes are well ahead of the field.... but being a port supporter vote goes to cornes ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back