Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Melbourne's interchange numbers over the last month:

Round 17: 47
Round 18: 51
Round 19: 51
Round 20: 100+

I don't know about you, but those statistics looking pretty damning. It seems the Dees made sure they didn't pick up a win from rounds 17-19 knowing full well it would mean they'd lose their PP against Freo at the 'G. They have been setting themselves up for that final win of the season for weeks.

Thoughts? Anyone interpret something different?

We didn't have a single injured player all day and for the first time in a month we were able to make full use of our bench and rotations. A simple fact that is seemingly too difficult for the Dwayne Russell's of this world to understand.

Interesting. Could be reading too much into it. Or there could be some kind of reason as to why you double your interchanges and your performance increases ten fold.

The positioning of some of the players in the Richmond game gave it away I guess.

Oh and no tag on Aaron Davey? That's a no no in my book....

I know alot of Melbourne supporters who said that they were guaranteed to beat Fremantle. They had it all planned out.

We didn't have a single injured player all day and for the first time in a month we were able to make full use of our bench and rotations. A simple fact that is seemingly too difficult for the Dwayne Russell's of this world to understand.

What are you talking about ?

MFC had 12 players injured walking up the race after the game.

This has been TANKING of the highest order.

These figures were quoted by Mark Fine on SEN.

well you would think they would be better at it this time after completely stuffing it up in 2007 and being on 4 wins playing Carlton round 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm not saying doesnt doesnt exist, because it does, those bench stats were due to injury. Our injur list is unbelievable, and we copped a fair brunt of them during matches. At one stage a week or two back we copped 5-6 injuries during one game and had 16 fit men during the match. To actually field a full team for the remainder of the match Stef Martin basically sat in the forward pocket limping, and Moloney hobbled about picking up less than half his average amount of touches, and was then given the next week off as it destroyed his groin.

While I'm not saying we didnt tank, those bench stats were definitely because of injury. Tanking was some of the moves the coaching staff tried out! :p

We were also down to 2 fit players on the bench yesterday, before half time, and easily accounted for the Kangaroos...

Obviously not suggesting your injuries weren't legitimate but the way Melbourne played against Richmond, and today, they could've easily won a few more games.

Definitely tanking for mine.

I really wonder what they will do next year?? Will they go for their 3rd 1st round draft pick again with a possible 2nd pick again as Carlton did or actually TRY TO WIN GAMES? If their 0-5 at the start of next season get on them with bucket loads for the Spoon

I really wonder what they will do next year?? Will they go for their 3rd 1st round draft pick again with a possible 2nd pick again as Carlton did or actually TRY TO WIN GAMES? If their 0-5 at the start of next season get on them with bucket loads for the Spoon
Next year we will go all out to make finals ala Carlton of 2008, but finish high bottom 8 IMO. There is no chance in hell we will be near the spoon next year.

Next year we will go all out to make finals ala Carlton of 2008, but finish high bottom 8 IMO. There is no chance in hell we will be near the spoon next year.

Next year???

You looked so impressive, you might even roll the Blues next week.
Bet you'd like to end their top 4 aspirations...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back