Roast Alastair Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody else see Channel 10 news?

The angry little man couldn't help himself from having another pot shot at our great club. Can't find an exact quote, but when talking about trading out players, managed to drag up our name on a few occasions; had a swipe at us for trading away our culture in 2002, in lesser words.

Another unnecessary outburst from Angry Alistair.

Last edited:
Re: Alistair Clarkson

Clarko needs some..

6a00d8341c5e4053ef010534cf8c14970b-320wi

Sore loser should stick to what he knows...hitting people from behind like a filthy little coward.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lastair-clarkson/story-e6frf9jf-1225785119132

"I know the Essendon footy club did that back in 2002 with Damian Hardwick, Blake Caracella and Justin Blumfield and also Chris Heffernan, and I don't think it did the Essendon footy club any good, sending out players of that quality, it affects the culture of your club too much.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lastair-clarkson/story-e6frf9jf-1225785119132

What a sour loser :thumbsdown:

He was just pointing out that if you trade out players who dont want to leave you disrupt the culture your trying to build! Even the most one-eyed Bomber would agree the trading [for salary cap reasons] of Blumfield, Heffernan etc had a bad effect on you guys for a few years!
BTW, thanks for Burgoyne, couldn't have got him without you!:p

Although I'm a neutral, the comments by Clarkson were totally uncalled for and were another example of what a pathetic little man he is.

God I hope the Hawthorn fall down in a screaming heap again in 2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one comment I agree with in here, and it came from a hawk - so perhaps it's just bias, but I took the comment as reflective on the most recent premiership side to struggle after off-loading players for 'salary cap' reasons - and how we didn't want to disrupt our 'culture' - only trading players who had better deals elsewhere.

All good, we will be the ones laughing when he realizes his players aren't responding to his coaching and that it wasn't injuries that stuffed them in '09.

...and Burgoyne's hammy falls off the bone.

Well, if he could reach a couple of grand finals in a row he would know what salary cap problems are....
Oh, wait he can't even top 8.

He is right in a small way. However what could we do. It quite possibly was the best list of the past 15 years or perhaps longer and we couldn't satisfy them all under the salary cap. Perhaps we should have done a Carlton and paid them with brown paper bags under the table. Might have won us another flag but at a cost to our "culture". No thanks Clarko.

Only one comment I agree with in here, and it came from a hawk - so perhaps it's just bias, but I took the comment as reflective on the most recent premiership side to struggle after off-loading players for 'salary cap' reasons - and how we didn't want to disrupt our 'culture' - only trading players who had better deals elsewhere.

The way he said it sounded like he was having a massive go at our club.

Are they for Clarko or you guys? :p
Clearly for the Essendon supporters with the chip on their shoulders.

Or perhaps they think that trading away those players was a good thing?
I bet they were spewing at the time.

Is it just me or is clarko becoming the modern day sheedy(bombers its a compliment)sheedy never missed a chance at reminding us about the 80's or having a go at pagan/north or malthouse /wce its all good stuff ............keep it up clarko....

by the way there is no doubt it was all williams and robsons fault we missed the finals this year........................lol

Looked like a calculated and deliberate snipe towards Essendon to me. He really went out of his way to specify Essendon and reel off the names like an anchorman reading the teleprompter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back