GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes, after overlooking their list, they undoubtably have the most awful list of young players in the league. They got lucky with their F/S picks in the past but with the good new F/S rule intact, I doubt they'll ever come close to a flag ever again.

Now I must elaborate on how bad their young list is but before I continue, for the record, they have at least 1 good young player in Joel Selwood, albeit a weak as piss diver.

Now lets start off with Tom 'Babyface' Hawkins, the boy who dominated at junior level but in the seniors? Hahahaha, jesus, talk about a lack of mobility, he's a slug! I'm surprised he even dominated the juniors, Hawkins has to be the slowest lead up KPF I've ever seen and that's not even getting to the fact that he can't keep his feet in a marking contest. He will always be smashed by the better defenders. I expect upcoming forward, Serhat Temel to have a more dominant career.

Then comes Richard Tambl- I mean Travis Varcoe, the player that never was and never will be. Having seen him play on numerous occasions, he's not only soft as butter, but he's not even that talented. I'm surprised he was a first round selection because really, he never impacts games and the only reason he has a few goals next to his name is thanks to the teammates surrounding him. I have absolutely never seen him create any sort of play, he's just a boring old dud. Thank goodness the Dogs chose Higgins, the amount of improvement Geelong would make if they had an amazing talent like Higgins instead of Varcoe would be too much to bare.

Now lets get to Dawson Simpson. I know, you neutrals probably don't know who I'm talking about but there's a story here. At the time Geelong were premiers in 2007, their VFL side had also won the Grand Final mainly thanks to their gun Key Defender in the name of Scott Thompson. Then came the 2007 AFL Draft and as it approached Geelong's second round pick, they could have got their Scarlett 2.0 with the proven performing gun in Scotty Thompson but instead, Stephen Wells exposed his idiocy by choosing Dawson Simpson, a lumbering hack who to this day has shown absolutely nothing at VFL level and despite being in the system for 3 years, isn't anywhere near AFL level. Everything from athletic ability, to tapouts to kicking, handballing, tackling, you name it is rubbish from Dawson. The Kangaroos will be laughing their hats off now that they got a proven 10 year performing gun Key Defender secured for the future while Geelong will be stuck with Richmond down at the bottom given their lack of a good KPD.

Now we have Mitchell Brown, the joke that Geelong wasted their first round pick on last year. Many people make fun of Carlton selecting Chris Yarran with their first rounder, with the argument that Yarran's worthiness was far from it but then people forget Mitch Brown, this boy was predicted mainly as a third rounder during the whole year last year and a second rounder toward the end, but I suppose because Geelong knew Mooney was an awful player and didn't think Hawkins would make it, they had to get another forward option. Unfortunatly, Wells again made a mistake choosing this rake, who will never be a good KPF like Geelong nuts are saying because what Wells didn't understand is that at AFL level, he will be a 3rd tall at best because he's slow and an unintelligent player.

Then there's Adam Varcoe. He's pretty much like his older brother, Travis, except much MUCH worse and will never make it. Bookmark that.

After looking at the rest of their list, the others aren't even worth their own paragraph because the one main word to describe them is average (sometimes terrible). Tom Allwright for example, he'll never make it, he's doing nothing in the ressies, he's merely a passanger and for some reason Geelong are keeping him in hope the 2% chance of him making it succeeds. Nathan Djerrkura's another example, except he's even worse being slow, poor disposal and worst of all, doesn't apply pressure (Yah, he sucks alright). Simon Hogan and Tom Gillies deserve honorable mentions for Geelong think those 2 are gonna make it. I give them both 30% chances but they'll both probably be at different clubs anyway given Geelong's refusing to play them and keeping old washed up garbage like Milburn.

and there you have it. Feel free to bookmark this thread as I'm 100% sure Geelong are ****ed for the future. Once the Gold Coast come in, not only will their picks be very late and poor quality, but they'll also be losing some of their best players. I'm 100% sure they'll lose either Selwood or Ablett to the Gold Coast and after that, they'll lose another to West Sydney and by the time they've lose 2 gun players and their old farts in Scarlett etc, they'll be in a rebuilding phase planned to last about I'd say... 10 years? Maybe 15?, they'll have passangers in their best 22 and all their draft picks from the GC and GWS will be rabble.

Ahh the old 'crap young list' troll, truely the domain of teams lacking any real succcess

How many of our so called 'terrible youngsters' are in this picture?

GFCPremiers2009_620px.jpg
\

White with two thanks Grandblue.

Seriously mate, you are going to have to make me a coffee if you expect me to even start reading all that!

• Banned
Ahh the old 'crap young list' troll, truely the domain of teams lacking any real succcess

The only difference is that the Dogs are currently a successful team finishing 3rd twice in a row. Not only that, but unlike the Handbaggers, the Doggies actually have a lot of young talent.

Possibly the worst thread of all time. Geelong has just come off a premiership. Im sure they're not too concerned about what a Bulldogs supporter think about their list.

• Banned
How many of our so called 'terrible youngsters' are in this picture?

GFCPremiers2009_620px.jpg
\

Two. Hawkins and Varcoe. Blake as well if you count him. Also, I was definitely happy with Geelong winning that game, anything to stop Divewoldt from getting a Premiership Medal.

The only difference is that the Dogs are currently a successful team finishing 3rd twice in a row. Not only that, but unlike the Handbaggers, the Doggies actually have a lot of young talent.

Buddy, I'm usually the first one in on a Cats bashing thread but this comment makes it impossible....

Dear me, where to start? Yep, got us there, we as Cats fans will have nothing much to look forward to at all.......maybe a couple of Victory Packs will help ease our minds.

Must pull you up on Mitch Brown. he is a very promising player who for your information Grandblue broke his leg early last season, thus was barely sighted all year. Makes it hard to play in the Magoos when you're in plaster!

As for Tom Gillies and Simon Hogan, they were great last year as debutants, and will have a long fulfilling career at the Cattery. Harry Taylor also....remember we used to have an AA CHB called Matthew Egan? Well the genius in Wells plucked this bloke out of W.A at #17 and there we have it, a ready made replacement! Not too bad for a poor recruiter isn't he?

Oh, and Tom Hawkins? Played his third season this year, kicked 34 goals and i'm not sure if you as a Dogs fan turned the footy off after your preliminary final loss on the FRiday, but the Tommahawk booted two great goals in the preliminary final in the early part of the game (when it was on) and also kicked a couple in the Grand Final (yes one may have touched the post:D). But his nerveless shot early in the last quarter brought Geelong back to touching distance of the Saints, and we have another cup for our troubles.

Now, back to the Dogs, well we have plenty of young players, but i am sure that 'Dad's Army' of Acker, Brad Johnson, Eagleton and Festival Hall will cause serious problems. Of course players imrpove when they reach their mid 30's....i guess. Dogs will run out of puff late in the season with these players, and by the way, i'd take our Tom Hawkins every day of the week and twice on Sundays compared to your oft-injured Tom Williams, who is merely the Lachlan Hansen or Gumbleton of the 2004 draft.

I reckon us Cats are doing well enough, thanks!!:thumbsu:

Yes, after overlooking their list, they undoubtably have the most awful list of young players in the league. They got lucky with their F/S picks in the past but with the good new F/S rule intact, I doubt they'll ever come close to a flag ever again.

Now I must elaborate on how bad their young list is but before I continue, for the record, they have at least 1 good young player in Joel Selwood, albeit a weak as piss diver.

Now lets start off with Tom 'Babyface' Hawkins, the boy who dominated at junior level but in the seniors? Hahahaha, jesus, talk about a lack of mobility, he's a slug! I'm surprised he even dominated the juniors, Hawkins has to be the slowest lead up KPF I've ever seen and that's not even getting to the fact that he can't keep his feet in a marking contest. He will always be smashed by the better defenders. I expect upcoming forward, Serhat Temel to have a more dominant career.

Then comes Richard Tambl- I mean Travis Varcoe, the player that never was and never will be. Having seen him play on numerous occasions, he's not only soft as butter, but he's not even that talented. I'm surprised he was a first round selection because really, he never impacts games and the only reason he has a few goals next to his name is thanks to the teammates surrounding him. I have absolutely never seen him create any sort of play, he's just a boring old dud. Thank goodness the Dogs chose Higgins, the amount of improvement Geelong would make if they had an amazing talent like Higgins instead of Varcoe would be too much to bare.

Now lets get to Dawson Simpson. I know, you neutrals probably don't know who I'm talking about but there's a story here. At the time Geelong were premiers in 2007, their VFL side had also won the Grand Final mainly thanks to their gun Key Defender in the name of Scott Thompson. Then came the 2007 AFL Draft and as it approached Geelong's second round pick, they could have got their Scarlett 2.0 with the proven performing gun in Scotty Thompson but instead, Stephen Wells exposed his idiocy by choosing Dawson Simpson, a lumbering hack who to this day has shown absolutely nothing at VFL level and despite being in the system for 3 years, isn't anywhere near AFL level. Everything from athletic ability, to tapouts to kicking, handballing, tackling, you name it is rubbish from Dawson. The Kangaroos will be laughing their hats off now that they got a proven 10 year performing gun Key Defender secured for the future while Geelong will be stuck with Richmond down at the bottom given their lack of a good KPD.

Now we have Mitchell Brown, the joke that Geelong wasted their first round pick on last year. Many people make fun of Carlton selecting Chris Yarran with their first rounder, with the argument that Yarran's worthiness was far from it but then people forget Mitch Brown, this boy was predicted mainly as a third rounder during the whole year last year and a second rounder toward the end, but I suppose because Geelong knew Mooney was an awful player and didn't think Hawkins would make it, they had to get another forward option. Unfortunatly, Wells again made a mistake choosing this rake, who will never be a good KPF like Geelong nuts are saying because what Wells didn't understand is that at AFL level, he will be a 3rd tall at best because he's slow and an unintelligent player.

Then there's Adam Varcoe. He's pretty much like his older brother, Travis, except much MUCH worse and will never make it. Bookmark that.

After looking at the rest of their list, the others aren't even worth their own paragraph because the one main word to describe them is average (sometimes terrible). Tom Allwright for example, he'll never make it, he's doing nothing in the ressies, he's merely a passanger and for some reason Geelong are keeping him in hope the 2% chance of him making it succeeds. Nathan Djerrkura's another example, except he's even worse being slow, poor disposal and worst of all, doesn't apply pressure (Yah, he sucks alright). Simon Hogan and Tom Gillies deserve honorable mentions for Geelong think those 2 are gonna make it. I give them both 30% chances but they'll both probably be at different clubs anyway given Geelong's refusing to play them and keeping old washed up garbage like Milburn.

and there you have it. Feel free to bookmark this thread as I'm 100% sure Geelong are ****ed for the future. Once the Gold Coast come in, not only will their picks be very late and poor quality, but they'll also be losing some of their best players. I'm 100% sure they'll lose either Selwood or Ablett to the Gold Coast and after that, they'll lose another to West Sydney and by the time they've lose 2 gun players and their old farts in Scarlett etc, they'll be in a rebuilding phase planned to last about I'd say... 10 years? Maybe 15?, they'll have passangers in their best 22 and all their draft picks from the GC and GWS will be rabble.

Geez i'm glad you don't recruit for the mighty cats.

Hawkin's is miles ahead of that young forward the doggies are developing! Whats his name again??

As for the others? Varcoe has a premiership medallion around his neck and having seen D.Simpson run around the two's a number of times this year, i am glad to report that he is coming along quite nicely. At 206cm and 105k's this boy is going to dominate in a few years time. Bookmark it.

Smacks of sour grapes.

wow - finishing 3rd !

How many flags do you have, again?
Seriously close to the saddest troll ever seen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at Gazza in the premiership photo. That isn't a bloke who'll walk away from this and go off to the Gold Coast. Neither i reckon will Joel. Plenty left to achieve at Catland with our young talent shining through.

nice troll - keep it up.

honestly though mate i'm pretty confident in Well's capability as national recruitment manager

i'm sure you'll get a few bites though...

He hasn't been doing too well lately, I mean come on, even you must admit Scott Thompson would have been a much better selection than Dawson Simpson. I even noticed some Cat supporters saying that on your mob's board.

Oh, and we won't just get 'a few' bites, we're guarunteed bites. In next year's draft, the one raped by the Gold Coast, the Bulldogs will be the only team along with the Gold Coast who end up walking out with guns. Not sure if you've heard but we have 2 gun midfielders coming in. Steve Wallis's son, Mitch and Libba's boy, Tom. Both have been dominating at TAC Cup level and I'm looking forward to seeing them further improve :thumbsu:

Can't agree with this. Varcoe is a handy player and Hawkins last 10 or so games were pretty good. I think he'll have a pretty good year in 2010.

Just on the old timer forward line for the dogs next year. Seems we'll match up well on the old timer backline the cats have. Johnson, Akermanis and Hall aren't exactly run of the mill players even in their final years.

Buddy, I'm usually the first one in on a Cats bashing thread but this comment makes it impossible....

Why do people mistake the word successful? I'm not referring to history, I'm referring to the present day and it's a fact that the Dogs are currently doing very well at the moment.

Dear me, where to start? Yep, got us there, we as Cats fans will have nothing much to look forward to at all.......maybe a couple of Victory Packs will help ease our minds.

Must pull you up on Mitch Brown. he is a very promising player who for your information Grandblue broke his leg early last season, thus was barely sighted all year. Makes it hard to play in the Magoos when you're in plaster!

As for Tom Gillies and Simon Hogan, they were great last year as debutants, and will have a long fulfilling career at the Cattery. Harry Taylor also....remember we used to have an AA CHB called Matthew Egan? Well the genius in Wells plucked this bloke out of W.A at #17 and there we have it, a ready made replacement! Not too bad for a poor recruiter isn't he?

Oh, and Tom Hawkins? Played his third season this year, kicked 34 goals and i'm not sure if you as a Dogs fan turned the footy off after your preliminary final loss on the FRiday, but the Tommahawk booted two great goals in the preliminary final in the early part of the game (when it was on) and also kicked a couple in the Grand Final (yes one may have touched the post:D). But his nerveless shot early in the last quarter brought Geelong back to touching distance of the Saints, and we have another cup for our troubles.

Now, back to the Dogs, well we have plenty of young players, but i am sure that 'Dad's Army' of Acker, Brad Johnson, Eagleton and Festival Hall will cause serious problems. Of course players imrpove when they reach their mid 30's....i guess. Dogs will run out of puff late in the season with these players, and by the way, i'd take our Tom Hawkins every day of the week and twice on Sundays compared to your oft-injured Tom Williams, who is merely the Lachlan Hansen or Gumbleton of the 2004 draft.

I reckon us Cats are doing well enough, thanks!!:thumbsu:

As I said with Hogan and Gillies, I was being generous and giving them a 30% chance of succeeding, not that it matters for you though because you're going to lose both of them anyway for not giving them oppertunities ahead of Milburn, washed up scrap metal!. Also, I'm aware Taylor's a decent replacement for Egan, hoever, he's nowhere near as good and probably won't ever be. Not to mention, Taylor won't be the heir to the throne once Scarlett's gone, he simply isn't good enough to command a defence.

You seem to be missing the point with Hawkins a bit, I was criticizing the work he does around the ground, so what if he kicks goals, Courtney Johns would kick goals if he was getting sublime delivery. As far as I've seen Hawkins play, he's done absolutely nothing special.

and while we may still have oldies in our best 22, they're still operating brilliantly. Brad Johnson is the second fittest player at our club, second only to the fitness machine in Cross. That says a lot, it's no wonder he never gets injured and I expect him to continue dominating in 2010. But you're forgetting something here, old players are irrelevant, this thread is about youngsters and if you're gonna bring the doggies up then you have something to be envious about. Our young group has been playing fantastic in the reserves, finishing top 4 in both willi 1sts and 2nds. Read and drool: Cordy; Roughead; Reid; Higgins; Jones; Harbrow; Daniels; Mulligan; Hill; Liberatore; Wallis; Pick 15; Grant; Boumann. Just looking at that... We're going to be A LOT better than Geelong in the future.

Geez i'm glad you don't recruit for the mighty cats.

Hawkin's is miles ahead of that young forward the doggies are developing! Whats his name again??

As for the others? Varcoe has a premiership medallion around his neck and having seen D.Simpson run around the two's a number of times this year, i am glad to report that he is coming along quite nicely. At 206cm and 105k's this boy is going to dominate in a few years time. Bookmark it.

Smacks of sour grapes.

Hawkins might be ahead of Grant but that's not only because he was drafted a year earlier, but also he didn't get OP in his debut year, give Grant some time and you'll see. As for Cordy, he was just drafted you nut!

Oh, and Varcoe got a medallion as a passanger, he never influenced the result of a single Geelong game apart from kicking a few easy goals and having watched Dawson Simpson myself... No, he definitely sucks and you'd be MUCh better off with Scotty Thompson.

Can't agree with this. Varcoe is a handy player and Hawkins last 10 or so games were pretty good. I think he'll have a pretty good year in 2010.

Just on the old timer forward line for the dogs next year. Seems we'll match up well on the old timer backline the cats have. Johnson, Akermanis and Hall aren't exactly run of the mill players even in their final years.

Dasher, and...?

Look at Gazza in the premiership photo. That isn't a bloke who'll walk away from this and go off to the Gold Coast. Neither i reckon will Joel. Plenty left to achieve at Catland with our young talent shining through.

We didn't think Kelvin Templeton would leave us for Melbourne. Collingwood never thought Peter Moore would leave them either but he did.

s**t happens mate.

Hawkins might be ahead of Grant but that's not only because he was drafted a year earlier, but also he didn't get OP in his debut year, give Grant some time and you'll see. As for Cordy, he was just drafted you nut!

Oh, and Varcoe got a medallion as a passanger, he never influenced the result of a single Geelong game apart from kicking a few easy goals and having watched Dawson Simpson myself... No, he definitely sucks and you'd be MUCh better off with Scotty Thompson.

So the Doggies' youngsters are allowed time to develop, yet ours are not?

You are a Spud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back