Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fightingfuries.jpg
v
southerndragons.jpg

Teams to be in by Friday 9pm EST.

C'mon Shagons, we had a great performance against the Gumbies last week, time to build on that performance. Let's go Shagons!

The furies sand no chance against the might of the dragons. Stability, consistency, and a clinical performance from the Dragons will be too much to handle for the Furies. And if somehow that doesn't work, I will have to switch on that x-factor and personally put the furies through hell.

Hit me with your best shot furies.

Suprised this isn't match of the round to be honest. Pretty dissapointing actually. Last years top placed team Vs. last years premiers. Both teams are very active posting wise. Dragons had the most posts in our thread last week and the Furies are always talking.

Either way, we will produce a match worthy of MOTR and the Dragons will get up in a shoot-out. By 18 points.

Suprised this isn't match of the round to be honest. Pretty dissapointing actually. Last years top placed team Vs. last years premiers. Both teams are very active posting wise. Dragons had the most posts in our thread last week and the Furies are always talking.

Either way, we will produce a match worthy of MOTR and the Dragons will get up in a shoot-out. By 18 points.

Furies got done by the Roys last week.

That pretty much explains it.

Furies an early test for Dragons

by Chezwick

2009 will be remembered as the year of the Tiger, with the Furies taking out the Premiership. But for a bunch of blokes over on Dragon Island, the Furies premiership victory over the Wonders was one of the hardest things to have to watch.

The Dragons finished 2009 with 21 - 6, and then got knocked out in straight sets in the finals. We lost first against the eventual premiers, the Furies and then got eliminated by the West Coast Wonders. For a team that had won over 20 games for the season, such dissappointment has carried through to this season. With one win up for the season, we've now got to face old demons in an effort to find redemption from our poor finals season.

Our first big test was how we reacted to a controversial week against the Gumbies and the 'Fagon' fiasco. We hadn't enjoyed the best pre-season, yet we endured and were able to muscle out a victory against the Gumbies squad that is every chance to play in the finals.

But the real big test for the Dragons, and players like my partner in midfield crime Zainta, is how we perform against a wounded defending premiers. While its only round 2, the feeling at Dragon Island is that a win here will help bury the past in order to build for our future. That said, it won't be an easy task, as the Furies taught us all too well in the Qualifying Final of 2009, and we fully expect they will be wanting to rebound after a rare poor performance against the newcomers Roys FC.

Any team coming off a loss is as dangerous as an fully fit team thats smashing opposition teams left right and center. We expect this come game time, but need to remember to play to our own strengths and dissallow the Furies to stamp authority over the game.

So while the Bombers, East Side and Geelong may garner the Match of the Rounds and the favourtisms for Premierships, we at the Dragons are building ourselves up for what we hope will a successful season, without falling flat when it counts the most.

OKEY LOOKS TO NEW KIND OF CHALLENGE

Southern Dragons full-forward Okeydoke7 says he is looking forward to a challenging contest against the Furies in his first involvement in a game between two finalists. "The fact is, I have never played in a game between two finalists. Two seasons at the Demons meant that I never had that opportunity."

Although he has never played a final, Okey says that he has the same fire in the belly as his teammates following their straight sets exit from the finals last season. "I have gotten to know the boys and I feel the pain. Just because this could be my last season, doesn't mean i don't have that fire in the belly. I am excited for this match, I feel like a first gamer again, I really anticipate a fierce battle."

Okey, one of the favourites to be this years leading goalkicker, believes he can hold up the key post all season. "I was full forward all year at the Demons and kicked over 60 goals. I came close to winning the league goalkicking in the worst team in the league offensively, so imagine what i could do at the Dragons, the best team in the home and away season last year. But at the end of the day, if I kick 5 and we lose, I have wasted 5 goals. If I kick none and we win, you take it every day of the week."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good posting by the Furies here :thumbsu:
Probably hiding in their shells after being flogged by the Roys. That's embarrasing.

Not really, and most replies from the Dragons were about that too.

And anyway, which game has the most posts for round 2?

Have a nice day. :)
True, as i stated in the match game thread, you guys have put in alot of effort and you guys have done well to get as many active posters as you have. Best of luck for the rest of the season, look foward to playing you again.

Not really, and most replies from the Dragons were about that too.

And anyway, which game has the most posts for round 2?

Have a nice day. :)

Which team had a win in round one? ;)

True, as i stated in the match game thread, you guys have put in alot of effort and you guys have done well to get as many active posters as you have. Best of luck for the rest of the season, look foward to playing you again.

Likewise, and don't take the Fagons stuff so personally. It was probably taken too far, but our players shouldn't have acted like that anyway. - then again, the Gumby hump day picture that gets posted is at least on par with it, IMO.

You'll still always be BBH to me, though. :p

Which team had a win in round one? ;)

Screw you. :p

Likewise, and don't take the Fagons stuff so personally. It was probably taken too far, but our players shouldn't have acted like that anyway. - then again, the Gumby hump day picture that gets posted is at least on par with it, IMO.

You'll still always be BBH to me, though. :p

Screw you. :p
Haha, I'm not taking it personally :p.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back