Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
geelonggumbies.png
v
roysfc.png

Ladder Positions

Code:
Team                    P   W   L   D   For  Agnst    %     Pts  Streak  L5   Change

3 Geelong Gumbies       5   3   2   0   474  411   115.33   12     2W    LWLWW  -
4 Roys FC               5   3   2   0   515  461   111.71   12     1W    WLWLW  -

Last Week

Geelong Gumbies 13.9.87 defeated East Side Hawks 10.9.69 by 18 points
Roys FC 18.13.121 defeated Baghdad Bombers 13.8.86 by 35 points

Players to Watch

Gumbies: BettsMa....no, wait...Winty, Perth Swans
Roys: Carn The Roys, Fat Pizza

3 in a row Gumbies!! we can destroy the Roys! i always have an off week between good weeks and that was last game so this game i'll be back and raring to go! No BM BS to steal my goals, well at least one! Win this and we could sit at 2nd providing the wonders blunder.

Game faces boys! Carn Gumbies!!!

GG10!

Bad news Gumbies, you boys are in for a reality check this week. We hit our straps last week and are looking forward to testing ourselves against you guys. Bring it on GG's.:D

Liking those players to watch Rick. :thumbsu:

The Roys have surprised me this season, I thought that they would be the easy-beats of the competition but with a number of good new players, like Reardo and CTR, and some experienced players in Mobbs, Fred and FattyLumpkin, they will be tough to beat. Considering they are on the same amount of points as us, and have a similar percentage, this is a must-win match, as you have to win games against your closest rivals to be true contenders.

We've been in great form over the past 2 weeks, lets not stop now Gumbies. 2121 is in the best form of his short career while our newbies have all stepped into the side really well since making their debuts in round 1. BettsMagic may have had a great game last round, but he was trouble, and we'll the Ninty2winty combo scoring the goals, as well as Buckets, Marklar etc.

GO GUMBIES!!!! :thumbsu:

Thanks for the kind words PS, much appreciated. The older heads have lead the way for us with a couple of us noobs chipping in as best we can. I'm glad we didn't strike you guys last week when you had all the dramas at The House of Gumby, it must have been a distraction. Anyway, looking forward to this one, should be a cracker, and regardless of Pacemaker's opinion, a worthy MOTR.:thumbsu:

Huge game this one.....Very important aswell in terms of where we could end come the end of the season.

As PS said the Roys have been the surprise packet this season and certainly have to be respected....They have some quality players and some good young and upcomers...Similiar to us really.

Should be a good contest this one - We played out a thriller in one of our pre-season scratch matches against the Roys.

FattyLumpkin returns to the House of Gumby too to face his old team-mates and fans.

Should be a cracking game.....Certainly looking forward to it!.

GO GUMBIES!!! :thumbsu:
GG10!!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Roys easily although we're on a WLWLW sequence that doesn't bode well.

geelonggumbies.png
v
roysfc.png

Ladder Positions

Code:
Team                    P   W   L   D   For  Agnst    %     Pts  Streak  L5   Change

3 Geelong Gumbies       5   3   2   0   474  411   115.33   12     2W    LWLWW  -
4 Roys FC               5   3   2   0   515  461   111.71   12     1W    WLWLW  -

Last Week

Geelong Gumbies 13.9.87 defeated East Side Hawks 10.9.69 by 18 points
Roys FC 18.13.121 defeated Baghdad Bombers 13.8.86 by 35 points

Players to Watch

Gumbies: BettsMa....no, wait...Winty, Perth Swans
Roys: Carn The Roys, Fat Pizza
This.

Come on Gumbies, Roys will be Gumbied!.

Looks like the Roys' two posters have already posted in here. Must be great to be so active like us Gumbies! :thumbsu:

We're back at the House of Gumby, which of course means another win.

Go the GG!

Also the first team this season to take the MOTR from the Hawks. :D

Looks like the Roys' two posters have already posted in here. Must be great to be so active like us Gumbies! :thumbsu:

Go the GG!

Just finished reading your analogy about our season thus far mirroring Geelong's 2007 season in last week's game thread Ninty, with the game a fortnight ago against the Demons being our equivalent of the thumping of Richmond, and last week's win over the Hawks being the equivalent of our win over the then undefeated West Coast.

Using that analogy as a guide, I guess the Roys are the Fremantle of the SFA! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon boys we can beat Reardo and Fred..........wait, they have other players?!

Go the GG!

Just finished reading your analogy about our season thus far mirroring Geelong's 2007 season in last week's game thread Ninty, with the game a fortnight ago against the Demons being our equivalent of the thumping of Richmond, and last week's win over the Hawks being the equivalent of our win over the then undefeated West Coast.

Using that analogy as a guide, I guess the Roys are the Fremantle of the SFA! :p
Tag teamed by the inty twins.:eek:
Interesting reading boys, but back here in the real world I think you will find the Roys a much more formidable opponent than Fremantle.:rolleyes:
Anyway, time for a cup of tea and an Iced Vovo as I plan the downfall of the Gumbies. Sorry, I mean listen to Fred's ingenious plan to bring the Gumbies down.:D

WWOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOTR!!!
You better believe it baby!

Coming off a great game last round its time for the Roys to start stringing some performances together. This WLWLW thing we've got going on almost makes it look as if the results are randomly generated:eek:

I appriciate being listed as a player to watch (in truth I must be just about due to finally play a good game) but I think we all know that Reardo44 is the most exciting player in the SFA so far this year.

Fred, I think it's time I stepped up to a more important role than back pocket. Full Back/on the ball or in the forward line perhaps?
Not all 3 at once though, I'm not quite that quick across the ground.:D

WWOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOTR!!!
You better believe it baby!

Coming off a great game last round its time for the Roys to start stringing some performances together. This WLWLW thing we've got going on almost makes it look as if the results are randomly generated:eek:

I appriciate being listed as a player to watch (in truth I must be just about due to finally play a good game) but I think we all know that Reardo44 is the most exciting player in the SFA so far this year.

Fred, I think it's time I stepped up to a more important role than back pocket. Full Back/on the ball or in the forward line perhaps?
Not all 3 at once though, I'm not quite that quick across the ground.:D
CTR, my partner in crime, I knew you wouldn't be far away. I agree you should be moved further up the field, how about it Fred? Tough one this week mate, we need all hands on deck. Have you seen Fatty Lumpkin? He's off his nut. Playing his old team has sent him rabid.:D

Ahh yes.

And your very angry cause you wern't fast enough to get some;)

Ahh yes.

And your very angry cause you wern't fast enough to get some;)

Disappointed sure, but we're all happy drunks in the Fitzroy heartland so we don't get too angry about that sort of thing.

Besides we can always walk down Johnson St to collingwood to by it off pretty much anybody:D

I heard a rumour that it stems from media attention brought about by one of the Gumbies players being busted for dealing crack

Close.

Gumbies had a goalsneak (kicked 5 last week, I believe) but he wasnt dealing crack... he was dealing SPAM!

Geez, I'd better put in a better performance this week or I'll find myself cutting up oranges again! :eek: Maybe the Roys will be the unlucky ones to have swannies unleashed on them?:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back