Official Match Thread S11 Grand Final: Geelong Gumbies v Fighting Furies @ House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
geelonggumbies.png
v
fightingfuries.jpg

Teams to be in by Friday 9pm EST.

This is it... the Grand Final. my first Fantasy Footy GF - really lookinhg forward to this.

After the absolutely epic semi final which got us the place in the Grannie and the Furies' thrilling win on the weekend in the Prelim, the scene is set for a wonderful Grand Final between these two teams. i for one am hopnig we can do it.

We're going to find it tough against these guys so we'll have to absolutely bring our "A" game if we want to beat the reigning premiers.

So come on gumbies, let's get out there and finish the season off the way we've all been hoping. Expecting this to be a cracker.

Gumbies by three points.

Lol, the Gumbies posting like they have a choice in the matter.

That cup already has our name on it the result is so obvious.

Grand. Final. Team.
B: one_eyedtiger - Torohombre – kainokaino
HB:Tigersman - PHX (c) – tucker777
C: Bend_it_like_Cotchin (vc) – HBK619 – TheCuzEffect
HF: the ranger - Grockadoc – Ruthless Tiger
FF: tony_montana – rfctigerarmy – Khan
R: Equus (vc) - hougie – Cleishy
Int: emperor - IDGAF

No change.

IMO a team that went 0-6 doesn't deserve a place in the GF. Alas i sense a bradbury premiership happening..

IMO a team that went 0-6 doesn't deserve a place in the GF. Alas i sense a bradbury premiership happening..

HAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAH!!!

A team that went from 0-6 to Grand Finalist is a team that has battled through the adversity, challenges and stuggles.

Quite frankly, it's more like Lazarus rising from the dead.

CARN FURIES!!!

We are the better side, we have the better footballers, we have the more gracious supporters, we are harder at the ball, we are far superior, however, this is one of those days the underdog seems to thrive!

HAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

You stated that you're the better side with the better footballers and more gracious supporters. AND YOU STILL CONSIDER YOURSELF AN UNDERDOG?!

I'd like to think that that was a Freudian slip and that you actually want the Furies to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we won this would be no Bradbury win.

This would be the fourth premiership for a SFA powerhouse club. We continually prove ourselves as competitive during the season and unbeatable in finals. Every. Single. Year. It feels fantastic to be a Fury and knowing every pre-season that we'll be around the mark again come the end of the season, a luxery no other team seems to be warranted. Since I came to the club 5 or so seasons ago, we might've missed one grand final in that time (maybe none?). This club is exceptional, and win or lose today we will remain the strongest SFA team with the history of success we have.

Let's do it again lads.

HAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

You stated that you're the better side with the better footballers and more gracious supporters. AND YOU STILL CONSIDER YOURSELF AN UNDERDOG?!

I'd like to think that that was a Freudian slip and that you actually want the Furies to win.

No you Peanut, I was talking about your lousy mob of seagulling HBF's with no spine or heart being the underdogs!

The Furies are the powerhouse club of the competition and always will be

Weve already beaten the other big club in the Bombers so this will be a walkover

GO THE MIGHTY GUMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's what we've been waiting for, and now it's finally here. GG10!!!

LOL you weren't even there for the whole year.

The Furies are the powerhouse club of the competition and always will be

Weve already beaten the other big club in the Bombers so this will be a walkover

I doubt you blokes will win, just fall short last year like a 4th placed Wonders did last year.

This is it Gumbies! Its time to fire up!

We have been playing all season to get to this game so now we are here lets not let the oppurtunity slip.

The Furies are a quality side and always lift for Finals so we will have to be at our best....I have full faith in the squad i shall be naming to do enough to get us over the line.

GO GUMBIES!!! :thumbsu:
GG10!!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

This is it Gumbies! Its time to fire up!

We have been playing all season to get to this game so now we are here lets not let the oppurtunity slip.

The Furies are a quality side and always lift for Finals so we will have to be at our best....I have full faith in the squad i shall be naming to do enough to get us over the line.

GO GUMBIES!!! :thumbsu:
GG10!!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Yes we are a quality side

Yes we do lift for finals

Yes we will win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back