Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
Geelong Gumbies Off-Season Thread

Im starting this thread now so that we can start planning for next season roster wise etc. After a heartbreaking loss in the grand final to the Furies after such a fantastic home and away season i am hopefully of retaining the majority of the squad together plus bring in a few fresh faces so that we can once again be up near the top.

We will still be using our Geelong Gumbies 2010 thread for the best and fairest awards night but after that we shall be using this thread to keep us entertained during the off season and to plan our assault on the premiership next season.

If you were with the Gumbies in 2010 and wish to pledge your commitment to this great side for another season then please post in this thread....This includes those that i have already approached who have agreed to terms, as ive had to delete my inbox.

If there are any big footy posters that you think would should approach for next season then please make contact with myself first and then we will take it from there.

GO GUMBIES!!! :thumbsu:

Current Playing Roster for Next Season
***Will be updated when players recommit or new signings made***

Peterss (c)
CrowGirl74 (Signed from Mt Buller Demons)
Buckets007
Scared Scotland
Ghossein
Perth Swans
ShaunDuggan
krisholio14
One Eyed Sainter 66
winty
WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
RoJo Junior
Ranga In Teal
Stokes-Selwood-Prismall
Barkly St End (NEW)
mellowyellow
J Selwood14 (NEW)
StFly (NEW)
lions_den (NEW)
Double07
Ninty
clivewaterhousen
Kapow!!!
swannies
lewigie
Bartel

TOTAL PLAYERS CONFIRMED SO FAR = 24

THE battle to keep RIT and Walker_The_Star will become the new priority for the Geelong Gumbies, after locking away their biggest star Buckets007

In a massive boost for the club only hours after losing the SFA Grand Final, Buckets accepted a three-season deal from Geelong.

The 19-year-old boom centre spent the night at the local pub weighing up his future.

He eventually agreed to sober up for a few minutes to commit his immediate future to the Gumbies.

Gumbies officials confirmed this morning Buckets had informed them of his plans.

“This is terrific news for the club and it is an acknowledgement of the direction we’re going in,” Geelong Gumbies Captain peterss said.

“I think Buckets will be among some of the great players to have been at this club due to his attitude off the field, as well as on.

“To keep Buckets at the club has been the best possible start to the off season we could hope for.

“He is a terrific bloke, a great player and it’s a huge boost to lock him down for the next three seasons.”

Buckets played 23 games in his debut season for Geelong, scoring 29 goals as the club fell to the Fighting Furies in the grand final.

“This is not only a huge boost for the team to have a player with Buckets007’s talent remain at the Gumbies, but for the club to hold onto a person of the calibre of Buckets is just as important,” peterss said.

“He is an integral part of this team and club, and at such a young age there is a lot of growth left in him. We will see even more of Buckets007’s ability in the next two years and that is exciting for us as a club, and no doubt for the members and fans who will watch him every week.”

Bad luck lads, Im confident we can go one better next season and hopefully we can have 20 active players with the inclusion of some newbies. Been a great season anyway and we were a tad unlucky not to take it out.

Definitely in for next season Peterss - there is no way that I would leave a club so close to a maiden premiership. Hopefully we can retain most of the squad and recruit some new players - Ill be looking for some new players who can join our team.

GO GUMBIES!!! :thumbsu:
GG11!!! :thumbsu:

Can't forget Duggan. Part of the leadership group and future superstar. I'm in. Been approached by the Dragons so i'm showing how keen I am to stay a Gumby. I encourage everyone who hasn't signed on yet to do so because we have a great bunch of guys here. And crowgirl :p.

Where is Betts Magic, any bet he is another Alias from the Gumbies. Naughty work Gumbies you will loose all premiership points if this gets found out

I don't think I deserve a place after my abysmal effort in the Grannie but I'm in if you'll have me...

Sorry I take so long to post there. I do a majority of my posting on weekdays at work computers and rarely get time to post when I'm home. Sunday night doesn't work for me but I will try and make a better effort next season.

might even make some press conferences and articles every now and then. (Not every week though, that just takes too much time)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is Betts Magic, any bet he is another Alias from the Gumbies. Naughty work Gumbies you will loose all premiership points if this gets found out

I had a feeling it was CarnTheTiges. Wouldn't of surprised me if it was ....

WINTY IGNORES OVERTURES FROM SHAGONS TO RE-SIGN WITH GUMBIES

by Roy Drage

GUMBIES SPEARHEAD winty has resisted overtures from the Shagons to re-sign with runners-up Geelong Gumbies for the upcoming season.

"We have unfinished business next season, and there was no way I was walking away from this team," winty said after signing a new contract with the Gumbies. "We were awesome all season, but unfortunately didn't come up with the goods on grand final day. But as they say, you have to lose one to win one, so I'm confident that the Gumbies will go one step further and take out our first ever premiership next season."

Fresh on the back of signing boom recruit CrowGirl74 from the Demons, the re-signing of 102 game veteran winty will stand the Gumbies in good stead for the season ahead. "I started my career at this team, and I'm determined to remain a one-club player," winty added, before joining his teammates at the pub for the continuation of their Mad Monday festivities.

:D

Everyone who has said they want to remain have officially added to the squad list for next season - We are up to 10 players confirmed so far and still more to come from last seasons squad IMO...I can confirm that RoJo is sticking around again but will get him to post in this thread with his official confirmation

What is with a few of our players being approached by the Dragons...who seriously would want to go there??

Anyone know when the new season starts? Already pumped for it. GG11!!!

What is with a few of our players being approached by the Dragons...who seriously would want to go there??

Anyone know when the new season starts? Already pumped for it. GG11!!!

Even if I wasn't happy at the Gumbies, the Shagons are the last team I'd go to. There's not enough pesticide in the world to fumigate the goal square after Okeydoke's been there. :p

THE battle to keep RIT and Walker_The_Star will become the new priority for the Geelong Gumbies, after locking away their biggest star Buckets007...”

Don't worry mate i'm not going anywhere, I signed on a couple of months ago and am very happy at the Gumbies. :thumbsu: :)

The Dragons approached me with a massive contract a few weeks ago leading up to the grand final, but of course contrary to any rumours, I was never going to be playing anywhere else next season except for at the Gumbies.

WaLkEr commits to Gumbies beyond Season 2010.

Written by Mike Rutch.
Mon 19 April, 2010

In news that would sure excite the club and it's thousands of fans, prize Gumbies recruit and cult figure WaLkEr_ThE_StAr has committed to the club, signing a contract extension that would see him out until the end of the 2011 season.

"It's an exciting time to be at the club, and I still feel quite fortunate and humbled to have been given the chance by the Gumbies to step back into the SFA and reignite my football career," said Walker, 21. He added, "Ever since I first set foot into the footy club, i've felt right at home, which is testament to the professionalism of the playing group, administration and the club as a whole. As such, to sign on for a further season is pretty much a no-brainer."

WaLkEr, a former promising midfielder for the Mount Buller Demons, gave up football in pursuit of other interests back in 2006 at the tender age of 18, only to return this season when he was handed a lifeline by the Geelong Gumbies.

Ever since then, he hasn't looked back, cementing a spot in the Gumbies midfield and in recent weeks justifying the hype that surrounded his recruitment this year. Last week he gathered a season best 26 possessions and 1 goal, whilst also picking up 24 possessions and 1 goal in the week prior. "I'm enjoying my footy, and I guess that shows in my performances. I started the first few games slowly, but now that i'm at peak fitness anything is possible," WaLkEr said.

In arguably the best form of his career, WaLkEr felt it was as appropriate a time as any to repay the faith that the club showed in him, not only through his performances on-field, but also by committing off-field. Whilst happy to be showing some form, he reiterated that the club's march towards the premiership in 2010 came first and foremost, and thus took precedence.

"Yeah, on a personal level, it's always a great feeling when you're playing well, but the biggest desire is to be holding up that prized piece of silverware at the end of the season. I'm just glad to know that my current form is going some way towards achieving that dream."

RoJo has committed to the Gumbies for 2010 v2.0 :D

Mainly because Peterss wouldn't shut up about it haha, nah I enjoy being here, part of the leadership group, good bunch of guys here at the Gumbies and hopefully we'll go that one step further and win the premiership next season :thumbsu:

Great to have you re-commit Rit!

The majority of our better posters from the season have all re-signed so far.....Im currently trying to approach some posters to join us - Ones who are currently not playing in the SFA....Lets see if they want to join us!. I may approach a few current SFA players too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back