AFL Club
North Melbourne
Name: Jayden Pitt
Height: 187cm
Weight: 70kg
DOB: 7th October 1992
Position: Midfield/ Forward
Club: Geelong Falcons
TAC Cup Statisitics: http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Jayden%20Pitt&action=PSTATS&pID=189826085&client=1-3020-0-102897-8059232

Video Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNRZX5hsQjY

Achievements:
2010 Vic Country Team
2010 All Australian Team
2010 Draft Camp Invite

Draft Camp Results:
10th in Agility Test: 8.15

jaydenpitt.jpg

Wingman who always seems to have time before delivering lace-out to a teammate downfield. Played well throughout the U18 championships without receiving the accolades that came the way of others. He’s light, but that matters less when no one can lay a hand on you. Paul Daffey

Player with good reactive speed, agility and smart user off both feet. Reads ball off hands extremely well. All Australian in 2010 NAB AFL Under 18 Championships, averaging 18 disposals and kicking eight goals for the Championships. Kevin Sheehan

Has come from oblivion to be considered as a possible first round draft choice. When given space he can be lethal. His disposal is first class and as a wingman he often works into space. He runs hard to be a link up player between the arcs and if he is given time and space to deliver the ball inside 50 it could be game over. He reads the play really well and is not afraid to push forward. TAC Cup Website

In his own words

What type of player are you?
I am a team player with the ability to play in the midfield, down forward, or in defence. I pride myself on my kicking skills on both side of my body and the ability to read the play.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
I feel the player that I most resemble is Andrew Mackie from the Geelong Football Club. He has a good attacking and defensive skills and uses the ball well by foot.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My ability to play in different positions, use the ball with both feet and reading the play are my strengths.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
The physical part of football is something I would like to improve, only having a light frame.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Western Bulldogs. My dad is a Bulldogs supporter, so he got me on board when I was young.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My parents have been the biggest influence on me so far in my football career. My dad taught me to how to kick both feet ever since I could walk. Also coaches throughout my junior have been a big influence.

Nice height. Good link up and skills by hand and foot. Good in in traffic. Very strong over head.

Went forward and took two strong marks (one a massive pack mark) and kicked 2 goals against QLD in the 2nd last round of the champs at Visy. If he's available at our 2nd pick I wouldn't hesitate.

Doesn't find enough of it to be top 10. Draft camp results and how he finishes off the year will determine where he ends up.

Nice height. Good link up and skills by hand and foot. Good in in traffic. Very strong over head.

Went forward and took two strong marks (one a massive pack mark) and kicked 2 goals against QLD in the 2nd last round of the champs at Visy. If he's available at our 2nd pick I wouldn't hesitate.

Doesn't find enough of it to be top 10. Draft camp results and how he finishes off the year will determine where he ends up.

I would argue that he finds a decent amount of it. He averaged just under 20 possessions and a goal a game for the champs. I think he will continue to climb the rankings as the year goes on because he has really come from nowhere this year and should continue his improvement.

I understand what you mean Spluff but what I was saying is that he doesn't get enough of it to warrant a top 10 pick not that it was a major deficiency in his game. I really like him as a player but I think he's a late 1st/2nd round at this point.

It'll depend on how he rounds out the year. I don't think a lack of posessions will keep him out of Top 10. Rohan averaged about 10 posessions a game last year and look where he ended up.

wont go in top 10, but cant see the GC letting go past pick 15 as they will punt on his huge up side, to many talented players that are safer bets that will go before him before 15, if the GC dont pick him up with pick 15 then he will fall between pick 16 and 25.

exciting outside mid, shows loads of class moves well, sound skills very good pace, very creative player and strong over head, needs to sustain his improvement and dominate a couple games before he would be considered a top 10 pick, could end up playing half back in afl as he reads the play well, just struggles to find it enough playing on the wing.

Did he do enough in the Champs to standout? Looked a bit ordinary in the Geelong Game. Perhaps the Draft Camp will effect where he is drafted

that was the only game he was quite in, actullay showed a lack of poise and awareness in the Gelong game, but i put that down to probably being to confident and getting ahead himself and his limitations, his performance throughout the carnival was excellent, i cant remember which game now but he starred and had some recruiters drooling.

certainly wont go top ten, but to me he has the brain and skills to play and excel at afl level, as opposed to those who dominate at underage level and caught out against the best in the business.

It'll depend on how he rounds out the year. I don't think a lack of posessions will keep him out of Top 10. Rohan averaged about 10 posessions a game last year and look where he ended up.

True, but Rohan had high impact with what he did both offensively and defensively, standout power athleticism and also stood out with an impressive championships series. I don't think Pitt ticks any of those boxes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falcon's bolt from the blue

Pitt dominated on his wing and again showed great poise in slippery conditions. His kicking to position made spectators glance down to their programs to check out the identity of the skinny prospect in the No.3 guernsey.

His greatest strength is his kicking. Mick Turner, the Falcons' long-time regional manager, says Pitt's foot skills are the equal of any player to emerge from their program.

Falcon's bolt from the blue

Could see him going top 10 just based on footskills alone. Will be a very nice HB/Winger when he fills out.

I will hope and pray hope or smith slip to us,

i no it wont happen but if smith and pitt both slid down to 16, who would you go with? i think ort would go smith just cause of the homeboy factor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back