Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
Re: David Hale

No thanks, unless it's for a 3rd round pick which won't be enough, would much rather get a player like Luke Mitchell in the ND with out 2nd rd pick.

Was ok in 08, was good in 09 but did nothing & was in & out of the team all year.

From memory kicked 17 goals for the season & had a few injuries but by the end of the season couldn't get in the team.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Dees to chase Hale

It is official, the dees will be looking for a ruckman come this years trade period, and the man they are apparently starting with is David Hale from the Roos.
Hale has been played Forward and in the ruck in 2011 by the kangas, and i imagine he will be taking small time from Jamar allowing him to rest more often up forward.

I like this move, as long as he doesnt cost over the odds, i hope a second or third round pick in this draft, maybe an unwanted player of ours? thoughts?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103279/default.aspx

Maybe the reason Hale didn't do much in 09 etc. is because he didn't want to be there. He has been listed as a player who wanted out of the Roo's for quite some time now.

So with that being said, and Hale only being 26 looking for a fresh start... I'm all IN.

dutchy12

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
demons
Re: Dees to chase Hale

It would seem North have all the cards in their hands.

Personally I only would trade a 3rd rounder for him. As to whether or not North would accept that seems doubtful.

If they hold us out for more I'd be extremely reluctant to persist when we have young Jack Fitzpatrick waiting in the wings who by all reports could be a player, playing that 2nd ruck/forward position.

Then again he could be another pj

roomachine

Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I believe he was a 1st round draft pick, so North won't roll over & give him away for nothing... Also he is under contract with North... ( No idea how much he was on )

First I will show you a soothing picture and then I will place his annual contract fee underneath so as not to shock you guys too much.

sunsetos.jpg

$400,000 p.a. x 2 years.

First I will show you a soothing picture and then I will place his annual contract fee underneath so as not to shock you guys too much.

sunsetos.jpg

$400,000 p.a. x 2 years.

Lucky boy, to be getting that much playing the next 2 years in the VFL... Time for us to move on & look at other players...

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne

Interestingly that’s twice the GDP of Norf.

To the OP. Couldn't have plonked this gem in the other Hale related threads??

I have no problems with Hale but at $400k pa. and likely to cost us a second round selection i want more from a witches hat.

Spirit of 39

Cancelled
The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

If that figure is true I wouldn't even trade a 3rd rounder for him.

I dare say that if we were to be successful in trading for Hale, Norf would be picking up a fair chunk of that $400,000 per year. No way would we pay all of that for him.

roomachine

Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I dare say that if we were to be successful in trading for Hale, Norf would be picking up a fair chunk of that $400,000 per year. No way would we pay all of that for him.

I wuld imagine that we wouldn't be paying a cent towards his contract for pick 31.

Spirit of 39

Cancelled
The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

h
I wuld imagine that we wouldn't be paying a cent towards his contract for pick 31.

Didn't you say pick 31 wouldn't go anywhere near getting the deal done???

roomachine

Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne

h

Didn't you say pick 31 wouldn't go anywhere near getting the deal done???

Just pointing out the obvious for anyone deluded enough to think they would get a ruckman for a pick in the 30's and have another club pay half his wages.

Anyone with common sense would realise that is nonsensical, but it takes all sorts to make up BF.

Spirit of 39

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Just pointing out the obvious for anyone deluded enough to think they would get a ruckman for a pick in the 30's and have another club pay half his wages.

Anyone with common sense would realise that is nonsensical, but it takes all sorts to make up BF.

And I'm just pointing out that Norf don't hold all the cards with a possible Hale trade. You don't trade him out, you pay him $400,000 to play VFL footy next year.

Any club silly enough to give you a pick lower than our pick 31, will want a large part of his salary paid, by you guessed it, Norf.

Back