YVMDFL- Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made reference to this in Part-3 But can anyone (Graeme Tuplin included) give us any details on the AFLVIC report into football in the East/Outer East that was due out late September. This was a bit of noise about it early but nothing ever seemed to come out.

Just curious because the two leagues it will impact the most will be YVMDFL and Eastern. That's if anything is actually acted upon any potential findings anyway...

I know it's probably been mentioned somewhere thru these pages but would I be right in assuming that Yarra Glen advance to Divvy 1 on the back of their premiership win but no one is relegated as Silvan heads to the EFL providing Div.2 clubs with a bye???

It may have already been brought up, but is there anyone out there who is supportive of the music blaring on GF day? Went to both games and couldn't hear a word of any of the coaches which I find as entertaining as any of the match. Waiting to see if the league try and bring in some Indian cheerleaders to complete the picture.

Doona, I think that is what will likely occur in the YVMDFL, but this report was apparently more in depth and covered the geographics of the 2 leagues and future growth/structures etc. (from what i understand anyway)

It may have already been brought up, but is there anyone out there who is supportive of the music blaring on GF day? Went to both games and couldn't hear a word of any of the coaches which I find as entertaining as any of the match. Waiting to see if the league try and bring in some Indian cheerleaders to complete the picture.

Sounds like that they need a decent DJ to play ot some decent music either
way i did hear it was a good day for the Tigers.
Did Woori Tiger play???

Made reference to this in Part-3 But can anyone (Graeme Tuplin included) give us any details on the AFLVIC report into football in the East/Outer East that was due out late September. This was a bit of noise about it early but nothing ever seemed to come out.

Just curious because the two leagues it will impact the most will be YVMDFL and Eastern. That's if anything is actually acted upon any potential findings anyway...
As I stated earlier nothing will come out of the review, pretty sure no clubs in the EFL had anything to do with it, just more hot air!!

Not sure if it was alot of hot air. The guy our club spoke to back in the middle of the year had 2 months of work in front of him to go through. I would say that there isn't much that could be changed as it stands currently. It would be nice for all clubs to at least see the results of all the feedback, any suggested recommendations etc.

I don't know if I got this right or not, but there was a rumour going around (that my uncle heard, who's involved with Mernda) that Panton Hill was looking at re-joining the YVMDFL ?.

Did I hear this right or was my uncle just yanking my chain.

Out of League AGM last night.

Mark Sandilands appointed to the board to replace Jason Leeds (cracking apptment)

Div 1 & 2 GFs to be Saturdays in 2011. Div 1 to be last Sat in Sept, AFL is 1st week Oct and EFL Div1 is week before our Div 1 GF.

Silvan officially no longer with YV.

Marysville officially joined YV to enter a veterans team for 2011 (excellent)

U19 permit to continue with tighter boundaries to be set.

YV is in a brilliant financial position, some very healthy rebates returned to clubs who've used the league to make all purchases this year.

Can't remember the rest !

Oh yeah, Outer Eastern Football Corridor = Waste of Time !!!

TS

Draft Fixture Round 1

Div 1 16/4/2011

Warby v Gembrook
Y/Glen v H'Ville
Upwey v Olinda
Woori v Monny
Wandin v Mt.Ev (Sunday)

Div 2 9/4/2011

T/Eildon v Yea
Emerald v Sev
Kinglake v Belly
Powelly v Y/Junct
Alex - bye

I think the draft fixture is on the YV website. If no issues by next Tuesday 7th December, it'll be the official draw !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it was alot of hot air. The guy our club spoke to back in the middle of the year had 2 months of work in front of him to go through. I would say that there isn't much that could be changed as it stands currently. It would be nice for all clubs to at least see the results of all the feedback, any suggested recommendations etc.
You were saying Tim???

You were saying Tim???

Yep, happy to cop a wack for that !!!

Wasn't a complete waste of time from our point of view. It made us sit down and assess exactly want we want our club to be.

We are a semi rural town, playing in a great country competition. We don't want to be a suburban club. Becoming a "Football Netball" Club has been the best thing thats happened to the OFCFNC since we started our junior club back in 1979. We want to continue to grow our netball arm and build our club into a YV powerhouse. Theres some really good clarity there !!!

Yep, happy to cop a wack for that !!!

Wasn't a complete waste of time from our point of view. It made us sit down and assess exactly want we want our club to be.

We are a semi rural town, playing in a great country competition. We don't want to be a suburban club. Becoming a "Football Netball" Club has been the best thing thats happened to the OFCFNC since we started our junior club back in 1979. We want to continue to grow our netball arm and build our club into a YV powerhouse. Theres some really good clarity there !!!
Yes but the review was supposed to be about all the neighboring leagues and the impact they were having on each other and then make recommendations, or was that just smoke and mirrors hiding the VCFL and YVMDFL's true agenda??

Are there any clubs in the YVMDFL that pay administrators? Most, if not all, clubs pay players so if a club comes across an outstanding secretary etc. why not pay them? If an administrator was to be paid, what would they be worth?

Are there any clubs in the YVMDFL that pay administrators? Most, if not all, clubs pay players so if a club comes across an outstanding secretary etc. why not pay them? If an administrator was to be paid, what would they be worth?

interesting topic. I know of several clubs further up bush that see the admin side of football pretty important in these days of battling ot find helpers and have gone down such a path. Of the one's I know of payments vary from payment per week or month, or an agreed total over the course of the 7-8 months from Feb 1st when clearances open.

One example I know of is a pass in each Satdy, club gear (shirt, jacket) and $100 per week in return for all football related paperwork thru the week, team manager duties across all 3 grades, sportingpulse stuff, local media stuff and attendance at the monthly general meeting.

You could do a lot worse than knowing all that stuff is taken care of for say $2k a year - admittedly the clubs I refer too are spending upward of $70-80k on players so the reckon its reasonable and in turn get a good return on their outlay.

Silvan did was a GM position i think, and i believe Yarra Glen did follow suit the next year, not sure if they still do.

THIS SUNDAY THE 6th of FEB

161976_184463858251631_4104747_n.jpg

The AFL boys are coming to Gembrook to take on the Brookers in a 20/20 cricket event. Mick Firritto,Brent Harvey, Steve Milne, Jarrod Blair, Daniel Pratt,Andrew Swallow, Aussie Jones plus other players from North, Saints and Collingwood will join us for a fun family afternoon.

Jumping Castle and face painting to entertain the kids along with music, BBq and Beverages.

Longest kick and handball competiton after the cricket with lots of prizes.

COST $5 PER ADULT KIDS UNDER 16 FREE.

PROUDLY SPONSORED AND SUPPORTED BY OUR FRIENDS AT EMERALD CO-OP MITRE 10 AND BARRY PLANT REAL ESTATE EMERALD.

Just would like to pass on my condolences to the Silvan footy club after the untimely passing of Vincent Bonnano on the weekend.

Tragic news and I am sure all the local footy community will be thinking of the family and the Silvan footy club at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back