Official Match Thread S12 Round 12: Fighting Furies vs Geelong Gumbies at Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
This match pits last season grand finalist's against each other in the 2nd grand finals replay of the season. The Gumbies have snuck into the 4 after round 11 after being being tipped for the wooden spoon just several weeks ago and are the form team in the competition at present, The reigning premiers in the Furies on the other hand have had a tough season and currently sit bottom of the table, they did however manage to end their 4 game losing streak against the Bombers last weekend and are at home in this game. The Gumbies have a finals spot to play and whilst the Furies mathematically are still a chance of making finals its unlucky however such a proud club like the Furies will be looking to finish the season in style.......Just who will win? Vote in the poll now and find out in a few days in what is sure to be an intriguing round 12 encounter against two sides who respect each other.​

Team in ASAP - Absolute latest is Thursday night 9PM EST (This is due to boncers other commitments, so the earlier the better)

Furies are going to win again and start our push towards the finals. Just had to make the season a bit more challenging by losing a few games in a row.;)

Let us continue to nab a W in a column on a table until an x is next to our name, let us also ensure fire extinquishers are in play with all this supposed fire that will be at the ground, scorched earth is not fun.

And Gumbies represent.

Carn Gumbies. Even after three wins we still can't drop the intensity with up to four teams biting at our heels for a top 4 spot, including the Furies. Would be very nice to knocked them out of the comp as some revenge for the GF loss. We could even move up to third if Bombers beat the Wonders so lets keep it up boys!! GG10!! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to knock all you gumbies out with one hand tied behind my back if we lose..

SO you better forfeit the match :cool:

B: one_eyedtiger - Grockadoc – spud_jjj
HB:the ranger - hougie – wrennyboy
C: Bend_it_like_Cotchin (vc) – HBK619 – PHX (c)
HF:Cleishy - TigerGlory - Khan
FF: fightingfury_88 – rfctigerarmy – Torohombre
R: Equus (vc) - TheCuzEffect – RT73
Int: Tigersman - kainokaino

No Change

OUT: tony_montana
IN: fightingfury_88

JIC PHX forget.

It's not hard, even a 2 year old can knock'em out without even trying.

That entirely depends on if the fist can get past the proboscis of doom! to reach my face, because we all know that I might just dodge and cover said individual in gunk upon which my young will then prosper and grow!

And there's nothing worse as a bloke than to realise that you are Arnie in Junior and carrying someones young on your face. :p

In for my debut this week. Look out Gumbies, I am known for accidentally causing a few injuries on the field. Comes with being un-coordinated you see. :D

That entirely depends on if the fist can get past the proboscis of doom! to reach my face, because we all know that I might just dodge and cover said individual in gunk upon which my young will then prosper and grow!

And there's nothing worse as a bloke than to realise that you are Arnie in Junior and carrying someones young on your face. :p

Nothing Rid can't fix. :cool:

That's right, RID the ball and St Fly will have a quiet one.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Let's kick em while they're down. And then do a dance on their motionless Fury corpses (too far)

Nah, that'll teach ya for beating us in the GF.

Gumbies Side

FB: WaLkEr_ThE_StaR - Barkly St End - OneEyedSainter66
HB: Scared Scotland - RangaInTeal - TheStinger
C: Perth Swans - krisholio14 - RoJo_Jnr
HF: clivewaterhousen - Ninty - Buckets007
FF: J Selwood14 - winty - swannies

RR: StFly - peterss - ballanFYNE

INT: CrowGirl74 - Kapow!!!

IN: Kapow!!!
OUT: Ghossein (Personal Reasons)

Positional Changes:

Barkly St End from CHB to FB
RangaInTeal from INT to CHB
ballanFYNE from HFF to RR
Buckets007 from RR to HFF
Kapow!!! from OUT to INT

Ghossein goes out of the squad for this week due to personal reason's that shall not be discussed here. Barkly moves into his position whist RiT gets a starting 18 gig at long last moving into the position Barkly has been in all season.

Buckets007 moves from the Ruck Rover position to the Half Forward Flank due to not being online on the forums since the 26th, Hes our V/C too, hes been in good form but giving it to a player who is active at present, his spot goes to ballanFYNE....I did want to move one of PS, kh14 or RoJo into the roving position but they have all been forming solidly in their respective positions so im not moving them. Kapow!!! comes into the squad as Ghossein's replacement. I wanted to make a few positional changes as ive been recieving a few requests from players wanting to change positions but having won 3 in a row and in the top 4, we are in good form so theres no need to change them if things are working IMO.

Nothing Rid can't fix. :cool:

That's right, RID the ball and St Fly will have a quiet one.

Too bad that since I joined a club with facilities I got me a sponsorship deal with Interspiro to provide me with trendy hazmat suits. Import from Malaysia. :thumbsu:

Can't Rid a bloke in a sealed suit. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back