Delisted 15. Jordan Schroder (2011-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 National Draft selection no. 54 - Geelong

Will be updated when required, feel free to discuss potential picks beforehand.

schroderjordan.jpg

Jordan Schroder
Height: 182cm
Weight: 85kg
DOB: 05/12/92
Club: Calder Cannons (Vic)

Bio: A tough midfielder who finished third in the Calder Cannons' best and fairest after an impressive season in the TAC Cup. One of the most underrated playes in the draft according to Cannons coach Martin Allison.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
A hard in-and-under player.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
Matthew Boyd - I have the ability to win my own ball and rush forward and kick goals.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Strong inside game, penetrating kick, high endurance level.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I need to run more to receive the ball.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Western Bulldogs - I grew up in West Footscray and my dad barracks for them.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My dad - he played his first game of VFA football at 15 years of age and he has coached me for most of my junior career. I respect his advice and support.

Re: 2010 National Draft selection no. 54-Jordan Schroder

So that gives us 4 midfielders :eek:

Brains trust must be thinking that that is the way the game is going have a FB and 21 onballers

Another Cannon.

Just like 99 and 01 , he's setting it up in the middle and will back fill the talls.
We won two flags with the best midfield so why would you change from ensuring that area is the best it can be.

Im worried we are going to short of KPP down the track with two more bullshizen compromised drafts. Who are these guys going to kick it to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were never going to go tall, the problem areas in 2-3 years in the midfield. I said this all along. We have plenty of young talls.

I must admit to be more than a little bit confused by our selections given our tall KPP's like Mooney, Scarlett, Dasher are on the wrong side of 30.

We were never going to go tall, the problem areas in 2-3 years in the midfield. I said this all along. We have plenty of young talls.

Agreed.

I don't follow the u-18s so don't know any of the players individually but happy that we've gone with the good sized running utilities.

Hawkins just has to play permanent forward, West should be given an extended run as 2nd ruck. We've got Harry down back. Mitch Brown to come through up forward and Gillies down back.

It's bloody tough to find good talls with run of the mill picks. You can get away with having so so talls to an extent, have an ordinary midfield and you are toast.

Father was one of the roughest and meanest players to play VFA.

Who did he play for. Mentioned somewhere that his father played VFA at 15. Dare I say that was back in the day when VFA was one tough comp.
Mmm , a son of a former VFA player , hope he does go crazy with tatt's.

They are who?

And the midfield is a problem area hmm...I would have thought the fact that our next three retirements likely to be Ottens, Mooney and Scarlett, yet we'll get another 3-4 out of Bartel and Kelly, Selwood's got 7 or 8 and we have Menzel, Duncan, Hogan, Christensen and Taylor Hunt would say otherwise.

I'm not unhappy with the players we've drafted as they look talented, and this Schroder kid looks like the sort of player we like, but I reckon it's a pretty skewed view to say our midfield's a problem area and our talls stocks are fine.

Re: 2010 National Draft selection no. 54 - Jordan Schroder

A tough boy...who won the goal kicking for the Cannons...from the midfield!!!

Mmmm... that stood out for me aswell! And with the probable trend towards forward pressers, and decreased rotations, midfielders who can contribute on goal will be handy - ala the Pies this year.

Perhaps he could even fill the Rooke role in the forward line.

I think we've done well for pick 54 with him.

They are who?

And the midfield is a problem area hmm...I would have thought the fact that our next three retirements likely to be Ottens, Mooney and Scarlett, yet we'll get another 3-4 out of Bartel and Kelly, Selwood's got 7 or 8 and we have Menzel, Duncan, Hogan, Christensen and Taylor Hunt would say otherwise.

I'm not unhappy with the players we've drafted as they look talented, and this Schroder kid looks like the sort of player we like, but I reckon it's a pretty skewed view to say our midfield's a problem area and our talls stocks are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back